Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How long for Off-season training for the 400m?

I'm doing this 400m training routine in the off season for Spring Track http://www.the400meter.com/2009/06/4...-training.html But i'll only have about 3 months for it, do you think that'll be enough? if not, how long?
    Karmaloop-BrickHarbor-PLNDR Rep
    Use Rep Code: Decept20 for 20% off the latest styles and fashionable clothes!
    PM for questions

Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump. any help?
    PM for questions

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, 3 months of training is better than zero. So, even if 3 months isn't enough to gain the full benefit of this training program, you will still see major improvements. So why not do it? if it requires 4, but you can only do 3, are you not going to do it at all? You can get significantly better with 3 months of proper training. So, the only way to find out is to go out and do it.

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Well, 3 months of training is better than zero. So, even if 3 months isn't enough to gain the full benefit of this training program, you will still see major improvements. So why not do it? if it requires 4, but you can only do 3, are you not going to do it at all? You can get significantly better with 3 months of proper training. So, the only way to find out is to go out and do it.
    You make a good point but the reason I ask is because I can train for more months if I quit XC earlier to start on my 400m training, I just want to know if 3 is enough or do I have to have more.
    PM for questions

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Decept View Post
    You make a good point but the reason I ask is because I can train for more months if I quit XC earlier to start on my 400m training, I just want to know if 3 is enough or do I have to have more.
    There is no set amount of months. Everyone's bodies adapt and improve differently. So what takes one person 6 months to achieve, may take another person 4 months. It also depends on how far away you are from your goals (400m time).

do you think cross country is benefiting you with your 400m? you should try to test your 400m time right now. If you dont think cross country is drastically benefiting you, or if you hit a wall, then maybe jumping on this training program right now is better. But if you think cross country is helping you and you are enjoying it, then stick with it and implement that program during your 3 months of off season.

skaWhacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I fully agree with SDOptimist. If your goal is to become better at the 400m dash, make sure you fully believe cross country is benefiting you. For some runners, the extra aerobic threshold and long to short training drastically helps them in the 400m dash. For others, they benefit from more of a short to long sprint approach.

Do what works best for you.

justi123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Do what works best for you.