healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10) healthyfemale is on a distinguished road. (+10)

binging and restricting problem -_-

goodness this is so frustrating. i think i have the MOST unhealthy relationship toward food... i never used to be like this until i started getting into bodybuilding and true lifting. i played sports all my life and then got to college and got fat. lost it all through killing my body in cardio. then picked up weight training a little less then a year ago. i try to be "clean". but its quite bs because i end up over analyzing everything and with my lifestyle its just too hard.
    i work at a french restaurant on the week and my boss cooks everything the most disgusting ways possible and i'm like forced to try and eat everything or i look like disrespectful/i dont even know... but seriously it kind of grosses me out. ANYWAY... ill end up not eating all day friday to make up for it. then eat as little as i possibly have to of his food... then binge on fri night. binge sat morning (LIKE TODAY)

so i woke up... i swear i had all this.
    two bowls pb cheerios, big bowl of cinnamon life cereal, 2 bowls choc fiberone, 3 scoops truetein cinnabun, 3 eggs, 4 "breakfast on the go nut blend", 5 scoops peanut butter, half a huge eggplant. god i can't even fathom what else.
    basically im bloated, cant move, have no motivation to study... it's ****ing with my school.

i luckily havent "put on weight" but i constantly feel huge in my face and bloated... and i have to work tonight again after all this. just sucks...

i read this and i agree. i wish i could wrap my head around just eating normally and working out normally.

Another poster:
    "Exactly. People with this negative attitude (towards food and their bodies) tend to lock themselves in a circle of diet-despair-binge-diet, jumping from one extreme to the other without ever finding the middle ground.
    No food is inherently "fattening", but the quantities you eat it in is. People with eating disorders tend to see a lot of food as fattening no matter the quantity consumed. Then guess what? They become obsessed with the food and end up overeating it."

This is soo true. Anyone have any input ? :\

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seek psychiatric help immediately
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As advised above, you may be better off seeking professional help.

Also, there is an eating disorder sticky which you might find helpful.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why does everyone on this forum always say "seek professional help immediately" when some makes a topic about binging? I think any sane person is capable of changing his/her mindset just by themselves alone. Forget about the binge and figure out what you must do next time you get the urge to do it again. Think positively all the time and when the bad times come - find something or someway to make yourself not binge. Set your health and goals first, there's no need to ruin it by binging.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mh22 View Post
    Why does everyone on this forum always say "seek professional help immediately" when some makes a topic about binging? I think any sane person is capable of changing his/her mindset just by themselves alone. Forget about the binge and figure out what you must do next time you get the urge to do it again. Think positively all the time and when the bad times come - find something or someway to make yourself not binge. Set your health and goals first, there's no need to ruin it by binging.
    First, you're either misquoting me or psycho. I never said 'immediately', he never said 'professional'.

Second, there are people who's job it is to deal with situations like this. That's why we refer people to them. It's easy to tell someone to just stop but it's not easy for them to just do it.

Then Chew it!

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    First, you're either misquoting me or psycho. I never said 'immediately', he never said 'professional'.

Second, there are people who's job it is to deal with situations like this. That's why we refer people to them. It's easy to tell someone to just stop but it's not easy for them to just do it.
    You're also recommending for them to spend their hard earned money on something that they don't really need. Unless its a serious binging problem and the person feels like there's no other option then to seek help - then that's fine.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should consult with a psychiatrist that specializes in eating disorders.

Originally Posted by mh22 View Post
    You're also recommending for them to spend their hard earned money on something that they don't really need. Unless its a serious binging problem and the person feels like there's no other option then to seek help - then that's fine.
    You don't think someone with a problem that they have even acknowledged needs help?:

Originally Posted by healthyfemale View Post
    i think i have the MOST unhealthy relationship toward food... i never used to be like this until i started getting into bodybuilding and true lifting.

Then Chew it!

You don't think someone with a problem that they have even acknowledged needs help?:
    But but but she's a healthyfemale...
    (just noticed op's username)

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No he's not. Issue psychiatric help. That is professional. Op clearly stated she has an unhealthy relationship with food. This should be addresses professionally
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    No he's not. Issue psychiatric help. That is professional.
    I know. I was being purposely pedantic.

Then Chew it!

russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50) russianBomber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will attempt to help you deal with your problem from personal experience, but before you read further you should understand that nothing will change about your life until you sit down and grasp some control over yourself. First off, I was obese for ten years and would binge eat daily out of habit without ever knowing what I was doing, no guilt involved... just a fat ass kid. When I started dieting 6 months ago I realized it was a problem. Firstly my calories were too low, 2 weeks fine then I would binge. Next it was extreme diet restriction, two weeks fine then I would binge. Next it was lack of progress on the scale, one week stall then I would binge. I started getting tired of this destructive cycle, so instead of going to an expert I read some self help online and evaluated why I was doing this. I would recommend you do that, next time you binge (and it will happen again) ... ask yourself why. I decided to try and teach myself moderation. Instead of all the chocolate, I ate 2/3. Then I ate a half. Right now I could go downstairs and eat a 50 piece bag of hershey nuggets, but I'm not going to. Because I realized its not necessary, I can eat 3 or 4 per day and be happy. I eat a balanced diet, and I change it up when I get new ideas. I eat things I enjoy, in moderation. Your first step is to learn moderation. Now as far as work, if you dont like the ****ing food then DONT eat it. Why is that so hard? Tell your boss you are full, or make up something. Its not rocket science. Bring your own food to work, if he is offended, **** him... he will deal with it. Dont be such a pussy about it. Last night was my semi friends birthday, Im known as the guy who hardly ever drinks anymore (used to be a binge drinker - surprise, practicing moderation now...) He called me out and tried to tell me to celebrate with him, I explained to him that I am happy its his birthday but I wont be drinking with him. He got butthurt for a minute then guess what? He got the **** over it, I stood up for what I thought was right and I didnt give in. So stand up to your boss and dont be such a coward. Once you do that maybe you will realize that food also has no power over you, you have power over food. Every time you give into binging you are just being a coward, so intimidated by not stuffing your face that you just give in. Guess what, if you say no to food... all its going to do is sit there, until you are ready to eat it. It seems like your issues are that you have low self esteem and you dont stand up for yourself, do something about it. I know this post might sound mean, its supposed to be. If youre offended by the truth then you will never solve your problem and this will haunt you forever. I dont know what "experts" have to say about it, but I wont be surprised if its similar. Also understand that Im not looking down on you, Im sure that I will binge again myself in the future. When I do, I will analyze why I did it and fix it, doing this, I will effectively eliminate binging from my life once I work out all the issues. You wont be able to fix a life long problem in a matter of a month or two, losing weight proves that. Be patient and pay more attention to why things happen and not how things happen. It is better to face the truth today and slowly work on improving yourself. Hope this helped.

XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XCRunner9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How much do you weigh? After I reached a severe low weight (5'9 102 lb) I found I was binging after a few months of maintaining that weight w/ low amount of calories and exercise, so it could be just your weight and your body asking for food to reach a natural weight. I'd definitely get professional help if you can just in case it gets worse.

Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    strong contradicting username to thread content ratio

Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Z3phyr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OP are you labeling foods as "good" and "bad" in your head?

I've been in the same position. Severe restriction for up to 2-3 days and then out of control binges upward of 10k calories.

You need to get the notion of clean food out of your head. Understand that you can eat a piece of something you like EVERY day without harm if you understand micros/macros/calories. You're only going to continue to give yourself terrible anxiety when it comes to food if you continue.

Also, I don't think you need professional help. Been there and only got told that I think I need to be big because my mother said I had "birthing hips" constantly lol. In reality, I starved the chit out of my body and was fed up.

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get help.

Start by telling someone you trust if you need an extra push, and on top of that see a psychiatrist. If you're in university, your school probably has someone you can speak with. I know mine does. If you don't want this out, seek private help.

100% srs. The way I got out of my binge cycles was 'IIFYM'.....basically no more restricting foods and calories severely by being 'afraid' of food. Your diet should consist of foods you enjoy.

Never, ever try and make up for a binge.....that is what keeps the cycle going, and honestly for me personally that was one of the hardest things to start doing....NOT making up for a binge. Go to your next day like a normal day and eat when you're hungry.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes