Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just eat when im hungry.. Whether its rice cakes or a pound of burger, or waffles, etc.. Everyone is different
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiveMeAdvice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This topic is interesting. I was eating 5 meals a day for 2 months......soon as I was done eating one I had to start planning/preparing for the other. It was a little bit of a hassle. I would like to try this 'eating 3 times a day' and hitting my macros.

Quick question....I thought I read the body can only process about 30 grams of protein per 'meal'. Is this another myth? And all those 'drink a shake POST WORKOUT' immediately also a myth?

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GiveMeAdvice View Post
    This topic is interesting. I was eating 5 meals a day for 2 months......soon as I was done eating one I had to start planning/preparing for the other. It was a little bit of a hassle. I would like to try this 'eating 3 times a day' and hitting my macros.

Quick question....I thought I read the body can only process about 30 grams of protein per 'meal'. Is this another myth? And all those 'drink a shake POST WORKOUT' immediately also a myth?
    Both myths.. overall daily nutrition is most important

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by p_gomez View Post
    Settle down... No one is arguing here. I presented my answer to the question; satiation. However, someone didnt understand the word (go figure, considering what thread were in) so I used the wood and fire analogy to explain what it meant.
    How the hell can I be satisfied with 350 kcal meals??

MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The simple fact is that your body uses energy to process new energy. When you eat something high in protein or fibre your body takes longer, and burns more calories, by simply processing, digesting and getting new energy into your blood stream. This keeps your metabolism working constantly throughout the day. It's not as simple as, "put it all in at once and it'll save the wood for future burning."

As an analogy, think of a general labourer who does all his work within the first hour of his shift than sits on his ass the next 7.. compared to somewhat who spaces it out during 8 hours and keeps moving moderately the whole time.

Everytime you ingest food in your body it kickstarts a chemical process to process that food. This takes energy, and it incorporates different enzymes and hormones in the process. By eating frequently your keeping this process more constant, instead of hitting it hard once and letting it slow down or shut down untill next time.

And this whole "saving wood" analogy.. where do you think your body saves excess energy in? That's what your adipose tissue is there for. If I ate once a day, I'd have a helluva harder time losing this fat than I am now. Do anything and everything you can to keep your body constantly working and burning energy.

n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrMarr View Post
    The simple fact is that your body uses energy to process new energy. When you eat something high in protein or fibre your body takes longer, and burns more calories, by simply processing, digesting and getting new energy into your blood stream. This keeps your metabolism working constantly throughout the day. It's not as simple as, "put it all in at once and it'll save the wood for future burning."

As an analogy, think of a general labourer who does all his work within the first hour of his shift than sits on his ass the next 7.. compared to somewhat who spaces it out during 8 hours and keeps moving moderately the whole time.

Everytime you ingest food in your body it kickstarts a chemical process to process that food. This takes energy, and it incorporates different enzymes and hormones in the process. By eating frequently your keeping this process more constant, instead of hitting it hard once and letting it slow down or shut down untill next time.

And this whole "saving wood" analogy.. where do you think your body saves excess energy in? That's what your adipose tissue is there for. If I ate once a day, I'd have a helluva harder time losing this fat than I am now. Do anything and everything you can to keep your body constantly working and burning energy.
    Is this real life? Sorry man, your argument is flawed. I've been cutting since March.. started the first 2 months eating 8 meals a day.. switched to fasting and only eat 2 now. Since the start to now I've lost 2 pounds every week solid.. I weigh myself, use calipers, etc.. I keep track. Eating frequently def. does NOT make you burn fat faster. How can you argue with science?
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /

mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000) mrivera11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
    Is this real life? Sorry man, your argument is flawed. I've been cutting since March.. started the first 2 months eating 8 meals a day.. switched to fasting and only eat 2 now. Since the start to now I've lost 2 pounds every week solid.. I weigh myself, use calipers, etc.. I keep track. Eating frequently def. does NOT make you burn fat faster. How can you argue with science?
    Cuz 8 meals stokes dat dere metabolism. Obvious answer is obvious.

MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well my experience has been the opposite of yours. I didn't think I was arguing with science as nobody provided me any to argue with?

1. Everybody's body has different resistances and tolerances. For example, if I eat bread I bloat up and get fat, yet I know people who can down bread, pasta and soda on a daily basis and still retain their 6 packs. It's goddamn unfair, but there are understandable reasons for it.

2. If I'm wrong about anything, I'll be the first to admit it. So far I haven't seen anybody, anywhere, give me a detailed explanation as to why eating 1-2 meals a day is more beneficial than eating 4-6 a day. I've seen evidence for the latter, but never the former. If anyone here has any detailed explanations, links, articals etc to share, than by all means I'd love to read them.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

And eating carbs and bloating does not = body fat. I know that everyone preaches it, but have you read the stickies? Or anything by Alan Aragon? Good reads IMO. Big difference between scale weight, water weight, Lean body mass, body fat, etc..

1. Everybody's body has different resistances and tolerances. For example, if I eat bread I bloat up and get fat, yet I know people who can down bread, pasta and soda on a daily basis and still retain their 6 packs. It's goddamn unfair, but there are understandable reasons for it.

2. If I'm wrong about anything, I'll be the first to admit it. So far I haven't seen anybody, anywhere, give me a detailed explanation as to why eating 1-2 meals a day is more beneficial than eating 4-6 a day. I've seen evidence for the latter, but never the former. If anyone here has any detailed explanations, links, articals etc to share, than by all means I'd love to read them.
    Neither is more beneficial.

That is the point.

And bread doesn't make you fat, obviously you're new to the forum and Pug has given you the initial welcoming.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Utter crap.

See: http://journals.cambridge.org/downlo...4f7b01a59f9543

Took you long enough

Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tuberacer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Oh man. You know, once upon a time BB actually bought into the whole bro science thing and we would only preach what was told to us by those in the business RELIGIOUSLY.

However, through time and the accumulated experience from the the BB community, we've come to realize that most of what we preached in the past wasn't exactly the absolute truth to nutrition and fitness. I'm not saying either way is wrong - because your goals can be achieved both ways without any physical difference other than what you think between your ears. That being said, I'll just kindly suggest to you to read the stickies to better inform yourself about the many myths we once thought of as the only guidelines to go by in absolute.

Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000) Magikal is just really nice. (+1000)
    I actually use a foreman to cook my protein and I constantly overcook it so I have to break up my meals to give my jaw a rest from chewing dry meat haha. It also helps me from feeling super bloated at the gym. Like the above posters say it may be more psycological but eating often when I'm training hard makes my stomach feel better about what I'm doing to the rest of my body.

The link showed the file as unavailable, but I'd be interested in reading it if there is another link / article?

And eating carbs and bloating does not = body fat. I know that everyone preaches it, but have you read the stickies? Or anything by Alan Aragon? Good reads IMO. Big difference between scale weight, water weight, Lean body mass, body fat, etc..
    Thanks, I'll take a look at the link.

I understand the difference between scale weight, water weight, etc. I just found myself when I ate that stuff, ate "healthy" carbs and low fat etc and stuck to a calorie restricted diet, I didn't lose weight, inches, etc very well at all. I was at 270 and lost 8 pnds in 3 months of that program. When I started low carbing and eating more frequently, I lost 30 pnds within a month and a half with no working out at all, and I was eating moreso than I was before on the previous attempt.

That being said, I'm a big beleiver that everyone's body is different and various things work for various people. But this has been working phenomenally for me, and I have a lot of faith in it. Again, I think some people wouldn't need to go to those depths with low carbing or frequent eating... but I have a inclination to recommend it to people that have tried the other methods without much result as was the case with me. I'm always open to new information and new ideas. I just generally like to get them from a reputable source.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One argument I've read for eating smaller meals is, when you're also eating carbs, it leads to more moderate blood sugar spikes and lower insuline levels. This leads to less hunger feelings.

For example:
    These experiments show that elevations in insulin produce increased hunger, heightened perceived pleasantness of sweet taste, and increased food intake.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3894001

The differences between white and brown rice is quite small though. Chances are it's not significant.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 06-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.

eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eliseash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd feel ripped off on 6 small meals a day, I'd have to break them down into almost nothing.
    Two or three solid meals and I feel like I've actually been able to eat like a normal person, the days I do it really smart, like a king.

My workmate is one of those small snacks/meals consistantly throughout the day types. She's just started using MyFitnessPal and is horrified at how many calories she's inadvertantly eating without ever actually feeling satisfied.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you eat something high in protein or fibre your body takes longer, and burns more calories, by simply processing, digesting and getting new energy into your blood stream.
    When you eat anything, you burn calories. That's called the Thermic Effect of Food. The processing of the calories you've eaten for use and storage. The thermic effect averages about 10% of the total calories you eat.

Now listen closely: Because the Thermic Effect of Food is based on total calories consumed, and not the physical act of eating, 2000 calories will have the same thermic effect (200 calories), regardless of whether they are eaten at once, or broken up into 20 meals.

Get it? The body still processes those same 2000 calories any which way you cut it. You burn 200 calories to use and store 2000 calories, regardless of how many times you had to sit down at a table to ingest them.

Total caloric intake affects metabolic rate. Meal timing does not affect metabolic rate.
    Last edited by MikeK46; 06-01-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Yeah, I've also read studies that have concluded that insulin resistance has a negative effect on TEF. Significantly blunting it for those with the resistance. So for me, that just tells me that there's more to it than just "calories are calories and its the same for everyone."

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, I've also read studies that have concluded that insulin resistance has a negative effect on TEF. Significantly blunting it for those with the resistance. So for me, that just tells me that there's more to it than just "calories are calories and its the same for everyone."
    The concepts discussed here are in reference to healthy individuals with a properly functioning metabolism.

Disease, dysfunction, etc. can obviously have a huge impact on how a person needs to eat to avoid symptoms and/or stay alive. We assume that you understand this, so we do not add such a disclaimer to each of our posts.

With that said, energy balance is exactly the same for everyone, healthy or not. You can thank the laws of physics (thermodynamics). The variables are inter-related in the human model (they have an impact on each other), but the equation is always valid:

Energy in (calories consume) = Energy out (calories burned) + Change in Body Stores

Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ksunav will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    When you eat anything, you burn calories. That's called the Thermic Effect of Food. The processing of the calories you've eaten for use and storage. The thermic effect averages about 10% of the total calories you eat.

Now listen closely: Because the Thermic Effect of Food is based on total calories consumed, and not the physical act of eating, 2000 calories will have the same thermic effect (200 calories), regardless of whether they are eaten at once, or broken up into 20 meals.

Get it? The body still processes those same 2000 calories any which way you cut it. You burn 200 calories to use and store 2000 calories, regardless of how many times you had to sit down at a table to ingest them.

Total caloric intake affects metabolic rate. Meal timing does not affect metabolic rate.
    I usually eat 2-3 meals when cutting since I find I eat like a horse through random snacking, but since meal timing doesn't effect things like only a certain amount of protein breaking down every meal/hour , would that make casein basically useless before bed as long as you hit your macros for the day, even if you hit them several hours before sleeping for example? Also, if i'm eating lets say 2 large meals a day, at what point does it begin to store it as fat, or does it not really matter because it takes such a long time to digest?

Hope that makes sense it's 4am lol

Thanks, I'll take a look at the link.

I understand the difference between scale weight, water weight, etc. I just found myself when I ate that stuff, ate "healthy" carbs and low fat etc and stuck to a calorie restricted diet, I didn't lose weight, inches, etc very well at all. I was at 270 and lost 8 pnds in 3 months of that program. When I started low carbing and eating more frequently, I lost 30 pnds within a month and a half with no working out at all, and I was eating moreso than I was before on the previous attempt.
    There is a problem.. You say healthy carbs and low fat.. Fat isnt bad for you and carbs are not healthy and bad depending on what you eat. Some have more fiber and less sugar with more micros but.. You either werent eating enough or eating too much. If you stay at a caloric defecit while hitting macro/micros for the day, you lose body fat. A guy your size should be taking around 90g of fats a day if not more..

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    One argument I've read for eating smaller meals is, when you're also eating carbs, it leads to more moderate blood sugar spikes and lower insuline levels. This leads to less hunger feelings.

For example:
    "These experiments show that elevations in insulin produce increased hunger, heightened perceived pleasantness of sweet taste, and increased food intake."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3894001
    So this is correct? If it's true then the 6 meals a day is not a myth is it?

egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500)
    I still advocate 6-8 meals a day.

Smaller meals shrink your stomache so if you came to a point where you felt like binging you would be physically unable to

its worked for me so far
    I rep back

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by egoneo View Post

Smaller meals shrink your stomache so if you came to a point where you felt like binging you would be physically unable to

its worked for me so far
    Wat.

dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

its worked for me so far
    Herp.

egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500) egoneo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ZMan45 View Post
    Wat.
    Originally Posted by dukend View Post
    Herp.
    i dont really know hwo or why it works, but i used to be able to fit in all my calories in one meal easilly. after a prolonged period of smaller meals ive tried doing that and its just impossible; ive come to the conclusion my stomache has shrunk

if you can give an alternative explanation then be my guest
    Last edited by egoneo; 06-02-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    I rep back

i dont really know hwo or why it works, but i used to be able to fit in all my calories in one meal easilly. after a prolonged period of smaller meals ive tried doing that and its just impossible; ive come to the conclusion my stomache has shrunk

if you can give an alternative explanation then be my guest
    I dont know the science behind it but im the same way. When i ate smaller meals i got full fast. After switching to 2-3 meals it took a couple weeks to be able to fit it all.