Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FiveBellies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The Christian Bale diet (The Machinist)

Im currently thinking of doing the Christian Bale diet he used for The Machinist (2004), but with a few extra calories. He dropped 62 pounds in 4 months I believe.

One can of tuna and an apple a day, with a few black coffee's. Thats what he had.

But I'd like to add 2 protein shakes, a glass of skimmed milk and maybe a boiled egg and some blueberries on top of that.

All up approx. 700-850 calories.

Will this be harmful to me? Anybody tried it? I don't really care if losing some muscle tissue, I'm just sick of having a huge 40" inch gut and 27% bodyfat. Currently 195lbs looking to get down to 170lbs.

I need to get down to below 16% and 35" waist for the start of my new soccer season kick off in mid-August. I will work out with light weights high-reps 3x a week and 2 x 36 mile bike rides per week for cardio.

sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sofakinggood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    700-850 calories sound really low to me. Even guys on IF or other diets are having a lot more then that. You have 2 1/2 months (10 weeks) which is ample time to see results. I would add more calories in there somewhere.. even if it was a bit more. BCAA's can't hurt either to preserve muscle mass.

Originally Posted by FiveBellies View Post
    Im currently thinking of doing the Christian Bale diet he used for The Machinist (2004), but with a few extra calories. He dropped 62 pounds in 4 months I believe.

One can of tuna and an apple a day, with a few black coffee's. Thats what he had.

But I'd like to add 2 protein shakes, a glass of skimmed milk and maybe a boiled egg and some blueberries on top of that.

All up approx. 700-850 calories.

Will this be harmful to me? Anybody tried it? I don't really care if losing some muscle tissue, I'm just sick of having a huge 40" inch gut and 27% bodyfat. Currently 195lbs looking to get down to 170lbs.

I need to get down to below 16% and 35" waist for the start of my new soccer season kick off in mid-August. I will work out with light weights high-reps 3x a week and 2 x 36 mile bike rides per week for cardio.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stupid people are impatient and do stupid diets.

Why don't you take the time to fix your lifestyle and choices rather than trying to crash diet
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) and1_balla52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, if I may, let me give you some advice...I was once in your shoes...fat, unhappy, and willing to do ANYTHING to get the fat off. At whatever costs. I would start these extreme "diets" and they would be so strict, and so much HELL that I would quit within a day, two at the most. Now, it took some serious stuff to happen in my life before I realized how stupid I had been, but you have to seriously sit down, ask yourself, is this something you can sustain FOREVER! Because you don't want to be another statistic. One of the many people who "diet" lose their weight, and then go right back to their old habits and wonder why theyre fatter than before. You said you "really dont care if you lose muscle"? This is bb.com...this place is all about muscle...lost that muscle and youre going to look like crap. High rep, low weights? Are you training for muscular endurance? I know youre on limited time...I understand that...we all are to an extent...but...you knew this was coming probably...be smart about it...I think you should seriously read the stickies...and honestly....did you see that guy in that movie? He looked sick, emaciated, unhealthy, etc. You may not admit it, because that means youre going to have to put in work, but you KNOW you dont want to look like that. Choice is yours...however...there are better ways to go about it. Trust me...when I got serious...I was up to 372 with god knows what body fat, and am now 212 @ around 11% BF. You have to crawl before you walk...even though you may want to just Usain Bolt it right out of the gates...good luck
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Online Coaching darr_fit@yahoo.com
    Like me on ********:https://www.********.com/darrfitness
    "The strongest steel is forged in the fires of h*ll"

ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddpdp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont do it

Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, if looking like he did in that movie is your goal, then... go for it?

It isn't really healthy, no, since the moment you get down in number you'll be unhappy with your appearance, yet have no idea how to change it. Or, if I'm assuming too much here, at the very least, you'll likely just go back 'off' the diet, and do the same thing that you originally did to get fat in the first place.
    Goals are invaluable. Pick one, and reach it. Let nothing stop you, especially not yourself. Don't change goals flippantly. Motivation will come from progress, which can only be seen when measured against a goal. If you change your goals before ever achieving them then you will lose all motivation, all reason for doing, and you will fail. Completely, and utterly: success, or failure, is up to you, and what you are willing to give.

SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you see what he looked like in the machinist? lols. His goal for doing that diet was to get into that exact state - where he looked like a malnourished crack head. Can't really see why you'd want to follow that to be honest?

The general principle behind a diet - which most of the general population fail to realise somehow - is to lose fat, not to lose weight. Doing this diet is a sure fire way to go catabolic - not enough nutrition to sustain your current level of muscle mass. I know you said you didn't mind losing some muscle, but at your weight and 27% bodyfat you haven't got much lean mass to begin with, the last thing you should be doing is knowingly losing it for the sake of a daft diet. That will not help your sports performance.

Do yourself a favour - go to the nutrition section and read the stickies, learn how to calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and then align your diet at a set deficit to this figure. You'll be better off for it. Either that or the end result of this current diet will see you in an advert for Comic Relief.

On another note you don't need to work out with high reps to lose fat. You'd probably be better off doing a 5x5 strength routine or Starting Strength to help you build to functional strength. The more weight you lift, the more energy you use to lift it and the heavy compound lifts will give you enough of a hormonal response to help you stay anabolic.
    Last edited by SteveJSS; 06-01-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    Eat. Sleep. Lift

PR - Squat: 1x175kg (Oly ATG), Deadlift: 1x235kg, Bench: 1x130kg, OHP: 1x90kg,

AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think most of you guys are missing the point. He is not trying to look like Christian Bale in the Machinist, he's trying to use extreme methods to get his weight/BF% to where he wants it to be.

If i use just logic and common sense, if you're a person that is kind of an athlete, (train a sport at least 3 times a week), it should not be too hard to maintain the weight u got to when you step out of that extreme diet. Correct me if im wrong please.

I'm not saying its a healthy diet, its anything but that, but is it not possible for the guy to do that for 2 months, drop down to 175lbs, and then maintain that with a 2000 cal/day or even 2500 diet and workouts 3 to 4 times a week?

SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SteveJSS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamEgypt View Post
    I think most of you guys are missing the point. He is not trying to look like Christian Bale in the Machinist, he's trying to use extreme methods to get his weight/BF% to where he wants it to be.

If i use just logic and common sense, if you're a person that is kind of an athlete, (train a sport at least 3 times a week), it should not be too hard to maintain the weight u got to when you step out of that extreme diet. Correct me if im wrong please.

I'm not saying its a healthy diet, its anything but that, but is it not possible for the guy to do that for 2 months, drop down to 175lbs, and then maintain that with a 2000 cal/day or even 2500 diet and workouts 3 to 4 times a week?
    You're wrong...lol walked into that one.

No-one is missing the point, the guy is looking for a short cut to getting lean and unfortunately they just don't exist without some sort of compromise. In this case the compromise being that he'll lose a lot of his muscle mass due to eating at a deficit way below his BMR for a sustained period. He might drop his bodyweight down to 175lbs but he may still look fat because he'll have lost both fat and muscle. Why on earth would someone who plays sport actively go about destroying their muscle mass. Not to mention the fact that once the diet is finished he'll probably then want to put some muscle on. I'd be willing to bet that once he's finished this diet a thread will pop up along the lines of "need to bulk now". He'd be better served trying to hold on to as much lean mass as possible both from a functional perspective and an appearance perspective.

You go on a diet designed to make someone look like Christian Bale in the machinist then that's the exact end result you're going to get if it's run for the full term. There is a big difference between cutting bodyfat and losing weight.
    Last edited by SteveJSS; 06-01-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    Eat. Sleep. Lift

PR - Squat: 1x175kg (Oly ATG), Deadlift: 1x235kg, Bench: 1x130kg, OHP: 1x90kg,

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Physiologically, its possible, but psychologically, it's highly unlikely.

If OP was an "athlete" he would not be at high bodyfat levels and desperate to lose weight in the first place. He may once have been one, and he might become one again, but he isn't one now, and that's what matters.

If you manage to get that overweight, it's because you overeat and don't exercise; you've developed horrible habits. And it didn't happen overnight, you reinforced those habits over a long period of time.

A crash diet is a temporary approach, and does nothing to put a long term sustainable plan in place for afterwards. It also does nothing to correct the bad habits that have been reinforced for ages to become overweight.

Say you use one of the crash diets that actually work, like PSMF (Lyle McDonald > Christian Bale). And you lose 40 lbs. Great, now what? Have you developed the knowledge of how to select satiating foods with good macronutrient profiles? Have you learned to manage your hunger so it doesn't lead to binging? Have you come to understand how much exercise is enough to offset a caloric surplus? Have you developed the skills to accurately count calories to manage your intake, or at least estimate portion sizes? Have you developed a good training plan that fits exercise into your life in a way that can't be disrupted by work/life/family? Have you found your true motivation, one that can withstand doubt, mood swings, negative feedback, etc?

All those things take time and practice that crash diets don't give you.

In rare individuals that have these skills and knowledge but slip up, maybe due to injuries, or a complete loss of motivation due to something external, like the death of a family member or something, then I can see where they might have a chance at success of making it work, then transition to something sustainable.

ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ademyster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post

If OP was an "athlete" he would not be at high bodyfat levels and desperate to lose weight in the first place. He may once have been one, and he might become one again, but he isn't one now, and that's what matters.

If you manage to get that overweight, it's because you overeat and don't exercise; you've developed horrible habits. And it didn't happen overnight, you reinforced those habits over a long period of time.

A crash diet is a temporary approach, and does nothing to put a long term sustainable plan in place for afterwards. It also does nothing to correct the bad habits that have been reinforced for ages to become overweight.

Say you use one of the crash diets that actually work, like PSMF (Lyle McDonald > Christian Bale). And you lose 40 lbs. Great, now what? Have you developed the knowledge of how to select satiating foods with good macronutrient profiles? Have you learned to manage your hunger so it doesn't lead to binging? Have you come to understand how much exercise is enough to offset a caloric surplus? Have you developed the skills to accurately count calories to manage your intake, or at least estimate portion sizes? Have you developed a good training plan that fits exercise into your life in a way that can't be disrupted by work/life/family? Have you found your true motivation, one that can withstand doubt, mood swings, negative feedback, etc?

In rare individuals that have these skills and knowledge but slip up, maybe due to injuries, or a complete loss of motivation due to something external, like the death of a family member or something, then I can see where they might have a chance at success of making it work, then transition to something sustainable.
    This ^^^ will +rep

AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AdamEgypt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post

Very good read and there is some very valuable information in there for me personally. Sorry to kinda hijack the thread OP

Dmac, I am in a similar situation as the OP and although i do have bad eating habits....i know that when im free of injuries, i do sports or work out at least 5 times a week at a high intensity. So throughout the last 10 years or so, my weight has been pretty stable except for these past 8 months due to a pretty severe back/hip injury.

The injury has disabled me from training the sports i love, kickboxing and soccer. due to all the twists that come with it. I am however able to do high intensity work outs at the gym with weights or a jump rope.

I know that I need to work on my eating habits and i know im capable of that....but at the same time....i need to get to a place where my bodyfat and weight arent messing with my head. and i want to get there as fast as possible....and once im there....my only focus will be being the fittest and healthiest i can be....but i need to get to a lower weight and bf%.

I think the OP has the same goal and just like him....im not too concernced with losing muscle tissue....not right now....

So would you say that IF i were psycologically ready to go through these extreme methods, and then slowly adapt to another regime that is also healthy, this may be a right way to go?

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So would you say that IF i were psycologically ready to go through these extreme methods, and then slowly adapt to another regime that is also healthy, this may be a right way to go?
    If you can make it work in terms of your own motivations and such, then it will absolutely work, it's highly effective at what it does, as shown by many clinical examples. If I were going to do it, I'd do PSMF exactly the way Lyle lays it out: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the...-loss-handbook. Buy his book, don't try and go by generic PSMF articles and wikis and whatnot. So many people fail at it because they modify some thing or other because they're "special".

I'd also advise you to search for PSMF in the fat loss logs section and see how many threads reach a successful conclusion and how many of them just end abruptly.

Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP is a troll.
    Disregard this thread, he's not serious.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Stupid people are impatient and do stupid diets.

Why don't you take the time to fix your lifestyle and choices rather than trying to crash diet
    ^^^This^^^
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Hunger Aint Worth a ShìT. TinyMuscolo's Avatar
    TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50) TinyMuscolo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Id rather look like THIS Christian Bale!
    Food Porn leads to less Bodyfat, study shows:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143649653&p=858355973

Be consistent with cardio, act like me, I skip it EVERYDAY!

Can one weekend of bad eating really ruin a week of dieting? Well, can one quick trip to Vegas ruin 2 months of saving? Same thing basically.
    -Brad Pilon

onesurfboards has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

done that.

Obviously 2 protien shakes is a bad idea. Unless your a body builder, these things are deadly to anyone trying to control their wieght.
    And this guy has not much idea about diet & excersice or he wouldn't be fat. Skim milk is cow fat for baby cows~!

I had to lose 20 lbs for a roll in a film.
    my build is pretty similar C.Bales. I took his diet added a cup of oats w/raisins to start my day & a cup of tea. and added a big salad for dinner,
    and made sure I had dinner down before 6 or 6:30 pm.
    I normally take vitamans and eat oats & tea so no change there. It was easy, if you're really hungry at the days end, you knew you
    were on target. I went from 200 lbs to 180 lbs, with maybe 1-2% body fat by the end.

It's much easier to do than watching people waste their time in the gym working out and eating badly. As at the end of the workout the
    diet remains bad/ the same.

cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cnh57811 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^^^^^^ Strong first post.

4 month bump to a banned OP.

Registered User TexasHeadHunter's Avatar
    TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000) TexasHeadHunter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Search VLCD
    SW: 280lbs SBF: 40+%
    CW: 194lbs CBF: 12%

93KG USAPL Raw Powerlifter
    Arlington Raw Strength Classic 3/4/17
    Sq: 352 | B: 286 | DL: 462

Next Meet: TBD

TrinMae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

trying to get my body back after having my daughter

Um going to try this diet for 6 months. Im going to do a 120z can of tuna and half a pack of faxseed crackers with the apple. Im 228 lbs 5"7 and have been working hard with my cardio ive lost 40lbs so far,but want to get quick results. I can see a girl wanting to do this diet but not a man. I would recommend greek yogurt,nuts . Lean protein and limited carbs while weight training. More muscle you have the more calories you burn.

sanmoron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Machinist Diet

Hi,
    I am 19 and currently 167 lbs. I run 5 miles a day on average.
    Should I go for the apple+coffee diet for weight loss acceleration??

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by onesurfboards View Post
    Obviously 2 protien shakes is a bad idea. Unless your a body builder, these things are deadly to anyone trying to control their wieght.
    And this guy has not much idea about diet & excersice or he wouldn't be fat. Skim milk is cow fat for baby cows~!

my build is pretty similar C.Bales. I took his diet added a cup of oats w/raisins to start my day & a cup of tea. and added a big salad for dinner,
    I normally take vitamans and eat oats & tea so no change there. It was easy, if you're really hungry at the days end, you knew you
    were on target. I went from 200 lbs to 180 lbs, with maybe 1-2% body fat by the end.

It's much easier to do than watching people waste their time in the gym working out and eating badly. As at the end of the workout the
    1-2% body fat?
    Protein shakes deadly?

What?
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4

Location: Farnborough, London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    FatBitch1995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am currently on the christian bale diet, on day 4 to be precised :)

Hi guys! I saw this thread and thought it might be an idea to let y'all know that i have a youtube channel where i am currently uploading a daily video blog, being on the christian bale diet. My channel is DietGuru17 if any of you wish to see what the christian bale diet will make you feel like etc.

peps170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by onesurfboards View Post

1-2% BF?! How on earth is that possible... Clearly missing basic knowledge

IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronSh33k is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This diet has fail written all over it.

Samoset is a genie deadliftdang's Avatar
    deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IronSh33k View Post
    This diet has fail written all over it.
    I agree. How about you get on an actual diet like we have in the stickies that focuses on hitting your macros and try to look like Christian Bale in the Dark Knight rather than him in the Machinist...

For reference

vs

Registered User WhereIsMyMindAT's Avatar
    WhereIsMyMindAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Please undersand the christian bale diet is a lie!!! Lie!!!! Lie!!!

FYI-I mention "Starvation Diet" below yes,yes, (EVERYONE) I intentionally leave out discussion of water/hydration/survivability./etc. As you'll see below, this reply is much to do with Bodybuilding as misguided females trying 300-calorie diets.

Hey Dude, this is one Human do another-I don't know you mate/you don't know me. But this simply one Human not wanting another human see kill himself. (or below, a teenage girl)

Please TRUST ME TRUST ME.

The Christian Bale diet is an OUTRIGHT LIE! Period, end of story,
    IT IS HUMANLY IMPOSSIBLE to live of of a net 55-260 calories PER DAY. (by the way, the "Story" misquotes saying he "only ate" 55-260 calories a day. If I hear one more person over the age of 10 say "eat a calorie", I'm sure it drives everyone on here just as insane..*grin* YOU CANNOT "EAT" a Calorie

The *FIRST* give away is that he's a *GROWN MAN*. Grown men, tend to find their Homeostasis when their PEAK HORMONE LEVELS are met in their early 20's
    (yes, ladies, there is a "Genetic" reason all "Frat Boys" are Pigs they're at the Highest Level of Testosterone/Growth Hormones,etc.ec. They'll ever have in their *LIFE*

Therefore, again CHRISTIAN BALE MAINTAINING ONLY (LET'S ROUND IT) 250-CALS A DAY *AN OUTRIGHT LIE*

SORRY-again, please keep reading, as much to do with females believing this GOD AWFUL/HOLLYWOOD BS!

*Starvation* (as in a "LIFE SAFETY MEASURE"-TO survive until you get rescue you're absolute MINIMUM-MINIMUM Starvation MODE! is to NET 600-CALS A DAY MINIMUM. YOU ARE NOT MOBILE! (or you are a minimum mobility).

Clearly (99% on here) are *ELITE* Athletes, that number is for those in *ELITE* Fitness.

Thus "in the real world" (this is defined as "Starvation Diet")As a Bodybuilder, everything you work for/all the *ELITE WORKOUTS* you do, would be for naught.

As Elite, most minimal body fat, when you put yourself into starvation mode, your body will eat it's own *MUSCLE* to survive.

Clearly a "FATTY" their body would feed on it's own body fat first, however, by definition, not being in peak performance, while their body feeds on itself, (just like you and Muscle) Organ failure will set in on them quicker.

LET ME SAY WHY I'M POSTING THIS (WHILE IT DOES HAVE to do with answering your question, my further hope is that HIGH SCHOOL FEMALES TRYING TO LOSE FOR "THIGH GAP", JUST PLAID *STOP IT!*

Starve themselves for "THIGH GAP" (not "new"/ but the recent "Rage" because of social media). Use your imagination, yes, that is what *THIGH GAP* is for a female.

Myself? I'm live/let live. Someone old enough to pay their bills/live on their own/not hassle anyone else, you want to, by all means, however, if you're a Female under the age of 18-years old, and you believe that 300-cals a day is SURVIVABLE it's a *LIE*

It CRUSHES ME...I mean PAINS me to see some *CHILD* (15-16-17 years old). Posting to weight loss boards,how long do I have to do a 250-cal daily diet, until I lose 20lbs.

They are "Children" what else can you expect..*sigh*

AGAIN POSTING IN THE HOPES, ESPECIALLY ANY FEMALE FOUND THIS VIA GOOGLE IT'S impossible to only take in
    200 Calorie Diet day
    300 Calorie Diet day
    400 Calorie Diet day
    500 Calorie Diet day

I think we can all agree an *ELITE* would be a Military Comparison (Pardon, don't have the British) However USA Standards for an "ELITE" Military person is
    (Check LiveStrong)

*MINIMUM SURVIVABILITY*-Remember (GIRLS!). If you are holding out for a "SURVIVAL RESCUE",
    you're not moving, Why? Because you want to be *FOUND*. Thus why it's called a *MINIMUM*, this assumes someone doing this only moves for bathroom breaks 5-feet away (to burn minimal cals)

Minimum Survivability
    The minimum survivable calories varies between individuals, with 600 to 1,000 given as a standard range, according to the US Army Survival Handbook. The less active an individual is, the fewer calories he can eat and still survive.

SO, HOW DID CHRISTIAN BALE DO IT?

NOW for the all the challenge/responses.

1-NO, IT WAS NOT "CGI"/nothing "faked" (on screen)
    2-Yes, Bale REALLY DID drop down to that weight.
    3-NO HE DID NOT DO IT ON A 250 CAL DAY DIET.

How did Christian Bale do this?
    THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY *ANY HUMAN ON EARTH* could drop (other articles say 70lbs)

THE *ONLY* way is Via Synthetic means.

What Synthetic Mean is *THE HOLLYWOOD SECRET* (ALSO, I'M GUESSING ABOUT 75% on this board know?).

There is a 100% Legal (I 100% take it legally MAX DOSE 100MCG prescribed by my Endocrinologist) called Cytomel.

Cytomel is a T-3 Replacement Hormone. What does "your natural" T-3 do in your body? Triiodothyronine, also known as T3, is a thyroid hormone. It affects almost every physiological process in the body, including growth and development, metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate.

Because (for the 12-18 year old female reading this)-you are ALREADY at Peak Hormone Levels, you would never be prescribed this (I'm think maybe literally 1:1Million(.

However (remember, again this is a *LEGAL* drug I am *NOT*. *AM NOT* Saying that Christian Bale took "ILLEGAL" substances.
    Any Doctor with a Prescription Number can prescribe this.

People like myself who *MEDICALLY NEED IT*, I can drop 60-70lbs in about 10-months. *HOWEVER*, I'm also in the Gym 3-4 hours a day. Therefore to do that, I need several thousand cals a day.

I didn't count my intake (however the computers-I could *NOT* cheat), I was "Burning" appropriate to get around 5-7lbs a month. Bulking some/MAINLY DROPPING.

Ladies as an FYI-other 99% will laugh at the small amount, however the computer that monitored me would say I was (all max weight) just over 2-Million Pounds a month. *ELITES* probably do that in 3-days.

side bar. VERY competitive-Thus always making sure I'd blow out my Age Group,etc. However, the All Male rankings (and he was *OLDER* than me was always in the 5+ Millions.

Ladies this was doing a 5-6-5-6 (22-work out days a month) and, if really needed to compete, would put upwards of 24.

BACK TO CYTOMEL
    100mcg is THE MAXIMUM DOSE of Cytomel.

A human that does *NOT* need this Hormone Replacement. his is like NITROGLYCERINE/IT'S ROCKET FUEL/IT'S the same thing they give the space shuttle
    *ANYONE* who takes this, will drop weight like crazy. Dropping 60-lbs for my "Frame"/"Homeostasis" less year, was nuts for me. (but WAS "WORKING" at it too).

The GREAT SIDE EFFECT I can only imagine what someone who does not need it, it makes your stamina shoot through THE ROOF (why I was in the Gym so much just kept push, push to try to wear myself out (30's and felt better than I had when playing football in High School).

Therefore, to conclude (my apology) this Biblical length post.

There is not a human on earth that could lift 5-lb weight after day 5-on a 250 cal diet.

THE ONLY HUMAN WAY POSSIBLE...to lose 60-70lbs in 4-months, is CYTOMEL!

*I *NEED THIS DRUG* AND WORKING OUT drop 7-ish pounds a month.
    Therefore, BALE Hovered around 1000-ish cals a day ramped to 100mcg doses, did minimal strength/exercising with a professional who knew Where to "put him"

Thus it is 100% believable (while a human WITHOUT THIS DRUG WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE)a human who is in Peak Performance shape,takes this medicine (LEGAL DRUG REMEMBER) -could *EASILY* -*EASILY* drop 15-20lbs a month EASILY.

THEREFORE THAT'S HOW THE MATH WORKS -15LBS BY 4??? drum roll? 60lbs -Someone taking this not necessary? *EASILY* do this.

THIS DRUG turns a humans body into a *BLAST FURNACE* (for those who don't really need it).
    *ME* torqued my T-3 probably a bit above what should , thus 6-7 *A MONTH AVERAGE*

To end this and answer your most obvious question.,

Why don't they prescribe this for all the overweight people in America?

WELL, considering the first time I brought the Script into my Pharmacy (the Pharmacist and I are "casual acquaintances"). She came down/her face was stark white, she said DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE, how to Take this and the side effects? WE NEED TO TALK, GOT A FEW MINUTES?

The pill is about the size of a BB could fit on top of a Pencil Eraser, could put on top of your pinky nail, and not cover your piny finger nail.

What's number one problem for American's Over Medicated? *MY ENDO* told me (in the 1970's) while doing clinical trials with it, people almost killing themselves by taking over the max amount (and or taking too much at once).

Considering the "AVERAGE I.Q." In America is 100. There is not a chance in Hades you could trust Joe Citizen to properly dose this.

Plus side effects not pleasant

weight loss (a given)
    tremor
    headache
    upset stomach
    vomiting
    diarrhea (least 2-3 times a day)
    stomach cramps
    nervousness, irritability, "hypersensitivity"-emotions.
    excessive sweating put on this (back to the "Blast Furnace)-you'll sit in class sweat like you just ran 4-marathons.
    fever
    changes in menstrual cycle

Conclusion -LIE/IMPOSSIBLE/IT IS A LIE!!!! BALE DID NOT USE SYNTHETIC MEANS TO DROP

it is humanly impossible you would not get out of your bed by day 3-living off 250 net cals a day.

For the love of God, just to sit on the sofa and watch T.V.

Calories burned with Quiet Sitting Quietly and Watching Television
    68 calories per hour Assuming a body weight of: 150 lbs

GIRLS -THIGH GAP GIRLS -READ THAT -SOAK THAT IN -LEARN IT!!!

JUST TO SIT AND WATCH TV. (ESSENTIALLY ALL YOU ARE DOING IS "BREATHING:" requires 68-cals an hour.

do you see now?

THUS STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! with the Thigh Gap Nonsense.

STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! STOP IT!!! belief that a Human can drop 60-70lbs in 4-months IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT SYNTHETIC/A.K.A. PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION-yes, (*Elites* nothing else discussed). Not PLANTING seeds.

PERIOD GIRLS..PERIOD! it is impossible.
    I GIVE YOU MY WORD -YOU CAN LOSE MORE WEIGHT IF YOU WENT OUTSIDE AND FLAPPED YOUR ARMS AS FAST AS YOU COULD WITH THE FANTASY OF LEARNING HOW TO FLY as you can with the fantasy of losing weight on a 250-300cal/day diet.

PLEASE PLEASE STOP IT!

Trust me TRUST ME YOU WILL WITHOUT QUESTION

YOU WILL find a Dude that you'll fall in love with and he will not give 2-squats of *THIGH GAP*.
    '
    Trust me the guys you know now, are a-holes for a reason-just like you they are reaching PEAK HORMONES lord girl, wait until you meet a 22-24 year old with about 1000-Testosterone level .

PLEASE PLEASE! STOP IT WITH THE THIGH GAP!

I'll end with a clip from a favorite poem
    Desiderata-It's Latin, it means "Desired Things, things you lack and that you want"

....be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

.....whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

*PEACE*

Registered User WhereIsMyMindAT's Avatar
    WhereIsMyMindAT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sanmoron View Post
    Hi,
    I am 19 and currently 167 lbs. I run 5 miles a day on average.
    Should I go for the apple+coffee diet for weight loss acceleration??
    NO, UNDER NO MEANS--NO do not go on this diet!

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thread is over a year old. However when these old threads get bumped it would be kinda cool to see if these people actually did these things.

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OMG such horrible posts here. I don't even know where to begin.

I work & live in Hollywood. I work with celebs at a celebrity autograph show AND I have many friends in the biz, many who know Mr. Bale.

Here's the deal.

Bale eating 300 calories is no different than gastric bypass patients who alos eat 300 calories. No, you WON'T ruin anything. Christian is healthy as an ox just like gastric patients who lose the weight and become healthy. Don't believe the broscience. Read up on the Minnesota Starvation Study on how they went to Bale looks and came back and became quite healthy.

How he did it? Like articles say - around 300-600 calories or so. What articles DO'NT mention: is the heavy usage of prescription medical appetite suppressants. He was medicallly "supervised" - he did not do this mickey mouse.

When the body hits LOW bf levels - it fights back against starvation hard. Your ghrelin goes to insane levels and hunger is out of control. Let's just say torture. If Bale didn't take these supplements/drugs - he would be in so much agony it would be brutal. What did he take? No idea, but i'm sure some of it involved phetermine, decaf coffee, ephedrine and who knows what else.

Also his diet also ravaged his muscles. Don't think many want that. So his diet was "starvation" - so why anyone would want that beats me.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.