JManeri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Soreness and Sticking To A Routine

Hi All,

I have weightlifted inconsistently for the last 7 or 8 years. I am getting back into it after taking about a year hiatus. I am still very active, I play basketball a few times per week and am a former college athlete. So I am still in shape, just not lifting shape.

When I return to lifting, or when I lift in general, i get EXTREMELY sore. I know the day after it's normal, but my body will hurt for 4-5 days after sometimes on the muscles I hit. This is especially true for squatting, bench, and any compound lift.

I am about to start up the beginner routine stickied in this forum. Today will be my first day and I am preparing for incredible soreness. The sticky says to lift 3x per week in non-consecutive days but I don't know if I will be able to do that. I may need 3-4 days off after the heavy days and another 2 days off after the lighter ones.

Anyways, does anyone have any tips or something to combat the soreness? I would like to go every other day to the gym, but my lifts will be MUCH weaker if I do so. I will get 225 x10 today and then I won't be able to get it for 4 or 5 in 2 days because my muscles will hurt so much. And it kind of kills my motivation and vibe.

Any help to stop the soreness..?

fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000) fourdegrees is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can't stop it, but eventually your body adapts and you don't get as sore.

Foam rolling, strecthing, and then a good amount of warmup sets will allow you to press through the workouts while sore.
    *You cant win the game if you're too scared to play*

-USAF Crew
    -49ers Crew

PSN: GunstarX1