Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Do Atheists Hate Christians?

I always see religious people being nice to atheists on forums and on the internet, and this is being on forums since I was around 16 and being online and running Quake2 Clans since I was 10 -- But how would you say atheists are to Christians on the internet?

I see a lot of atheists that generally hate Christians in every form. Christian posts in a thread, brb I won't respond to thread I made(this isn't something that happened recently, but happened a week ago). And I see this on ******** too with a few people from my HS, even though the Christian if he was exactly the same, but not a Christian, they'd think he was a nice guy and want to hang out with him

Even think about the difference from a Christian saying, "God Bless You" and an atheist saying "Christians are ****ing retarded" on their ******** -- The Christian's saying something nice and the atheist is cursing and mocking, but I think that the atheists today think that the two statements are the same or that saying "GBU" is someone shoving their religion down your throat

I don't feel offended by it, but it seems like more and more that Christians are made to feel uncomfortable online and with the people who grew up online on video games / at school / and watching tv -- If you were a Christian and you went to hang out with certain atheists, a huge past-time of theirs is to make fun of you / scorn you / pressure you until you believe like them. You can be like, "Well I'm a democrat" and they would still troll you hard. I've seen this in my youth group and other things -- btw I don't care about them wanting to make us change beliefs, I'm saying that they would literally bully you. I've seen this happen with a kid I know who was friends with this group of kids that was led by a 25 year old who was popular with 18 year olds and who made it his huge past-time to argue religion and make fun of / literally create fake FB's of the Christian kid to make him seem like an idiot. Serious, I've seen insane atheist hate online and from a person who I know lives online(the 25 year old), I've seen huge atheist hate

note : I'm not saying this is a bad thing and that this needs to change -- I'm not sure what the effect of it is, it could be for bad or it could be for good, being nice doesn't necessarily lead to positive outcomes, I'm mostly wondering if anyone else see's this going on because I think a lot of people, especially if you let people on TV do your thinking for you, think Christian = Westboro Baptist hate monger, atheist = Galileo, just wants to be left alone and not forced into Christianity

What do you guys think about this? I especially want to hear from atheists and secular people : Do atheists hate Christians? Not saying how they answer that on a survey, I'm saying when it comes to a forum setting where people's inhibitions are gone like this one, does it look like the atheists despise the Christians?

Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Yipper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm atheist and I have a lot of respect for Christians. I think religion is important sociologically. A lot of atheists are immature punks who are just as intolerant as the people they complain about. So, no, I don't hate Christians. I can't speak for others, though.
    Last edited by Yipper; 05-29-2012 at 05:25 PM.

b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) b1gsm0ke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    tl;dr
    cliffs pls

also hate is a strong word, i just think theyre retarded for believing in something so...... stupid?

AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah a lot of atheists are ugly in person and just hate the world because they see no point in life so they hate everybody that believes in god.

LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100) LoveLifting1985 is not very well liked. (-100)
    u wot m8

zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000) zeddo is just really nice. (+1000)
    From what i've seen on the misc, yeah they do.

How many threads do you see with athiests bagging out christians, and just flat out calling them stupid as fuk. How many christian threads do you see saying 'save yourselves you sinners! the end is near!'. I haven't seen a single one of the latter yet.

DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500) DanNZ is not very helpful. (-500)
    Do I hate Christians? No. I think they're quite deluded.

I hate Christianity/most organized religion in general though. Far too much influence for something that has no basis in reality.

Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500) Poontoss is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't hate Christians, I just hate it when people try to shove their beliefs down my throat.

johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnnytoogood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love Christians, a lot of fun to troll.
    Resting BPM: 60 - (Never does cardio)
    Average TDEE: 4500 kCals
    Salary: was $83000 now $48000

Treat your body like a business, 2016

xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000) xSup3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by johnnytoogood View Post
    I love Christians, a lot of fun to troll.
    No. We just think that religion is stupid and hate it.

nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nzgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Atheism isn't an ideology so nothing ties them together except a shared lack of belief in a god. There are atheists who simply don't care about the subject, atheists who like religion but don't believe in it, and atheists who simply don't know what a god is.

I'm an atheist who thinks all religious people are inferior, in particular christians muslims and jews, and I look forward to the day when these cults are wiped out.

1.62m of fawking awesome circusmidget's Avatar
    circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000) circusmidget is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't hate them, but if baffles me how intelligent people can trick themselves into believing it. If it weren't for the many intelligent christians I've met, I'd believe them all to be incomprehensibly stupid. I suppose it shows just how strongly things can be imprinted on malleable, young minds. Born again christians are another story though; they have no excuse, they're all stupid or crazy, likely both.
    Interstellar bears climb back to save the enemas.

huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, if you meant a grown adult that still believed in Santa Claus, would you hate him? No, you'd just think he's f*cking retarded. I'm just answering because you asked. I don't hate Christians because I am fully aware that being brainwashed was not a choice, but come on brahs. You fukers have the luxury of browsing internet, why not do the damn research?

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You only know someone is an atheist when they're vocal about it, and the vocal ones tend to be arrogant, so the (false) conclusion is that all atheists are arrogant.

In reality, most people who have no belief in God are indifferent to Christianity, except perhaps when someone goes on the TV and campaigns for creationsim to be taught in schools or something, which they see as an encroachment.

Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by zeddo View Post
    From what i've seen on the misc, yeah they do.

How many threads do you see with athiests bagging out christians, and just flat out calling them stupid as fuk. How many christian threads do you see saying 'save yourselves you sinners! the end is near!'. I haven't seen a single one of the latter yet.
    Good point bro, also what I've seen

Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Prosky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Some of my best friends are christian. What gets on my nerves is when they try to shove their religion down your throat. Much like I imagine religious people may get annoyed when athiests try to convert christians to knowledge (over faith)
    Biggest list of crews crew
    Most original crews crew
    Brag to girls about my "biggest list of crews crew" crew
    Used crew 3 times in a row in a sentence and it still made grammatical sense crew
    Only reason I am a virgin is because girls are intimidated by my 10/10 aesthetics crew
    I have a large penis, honestly, it's just really cold crew
    Would take 'bolics but can't afford to lose any testicular mass crew
    More hair on one ass cheek than entire face crew
    Was homophobic but now I'm gay crew

thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thenerdal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm atheist. I don't hate anybodies. I had a friend who tried to shove his religion down my throat. Tried to ignore him, but he kept doing it.

Originally Posted by Prosky View Post
    Some of my best friends are christian. What gets on my nerves is when they try to shove their religion down your throat. Much like I imagine religious people may get annoyed when athiests try to convert christians to knowledge (over faith)
    What's crazy is that I've never seen this bro, esp. not on forums or on the internet. Where have you seen a Christian trying to shove their religion down someone's throat?

Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Renzbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Atheists are cooler when they don't talk about their beliefs.
    Pain is chipotle leaving the body.

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Christianyouth View Post
    What's crazy is that I've never seen this bro, esp. not on forums or on the internet. Where have you seen a Christian trying to shove their religion down someone's throat?
    History is littered with examples. I really don't believe you can't think of any.

Originally Posted by MiKey4 View Post
    History is littered with examples. I really don't believe you can't think of any.
    I'm talking about in real life experience / forum experience, which is clear from that post you quoted and in the OP

huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) huynhandrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Christianyouth View Post
    I'm talking about in real life experience / forum experience, which is clear from that post you quoted and in the OP
    Jehovah's witnesses? Unless there are new door to door atheists I haven't heard about

Originally Posted by huynhandrew View Post
    Jehovah's witnesses? Unless there are new door to door atheists I haven't heard about
    Right, so people who knock on the door on Saturdays and then leave if you're direct with them -- That's the example of the Christians 'shoving their religion down people's throats'?

runonsentencesareawesome Indivdude's Avatar
    Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think many atheists are from Christian dominated cultures and grew up with parents that believed in Christianity thus when it comes to Christianity, its a sore spot for some of them since they came from an environment that encouraged that belief. I know for a while I definitely bashed and mocked Christians, much the same way I thought less of people who didn't do squats or deadlifts in the gym. I grew out of that and I try to show people respect. There's definitely some fun that can be had mocking religion in general but I think Christianity is a big one for many simply because it is so wide spread and dominates so much of the United States and the world.

Plus a lot of atheists, myself included, can understand the other side's views and beliefs but cannot accept them. A small part goes further and says their beliefs do not have value and thus should not garner any respect, no more than one might respect someone's belief about elves or fairies. Thus some atheists openly mock and attack religious beliefs and people who hold those beliefs. I'm of the belief that you attract more flies with honey plus its fun to debate some people about their beliefs if they're open to it.

However, I think you're overplaying this whole Christians are the victims scenario. Just as atheists can overplay it too.

Originally Posted by huynhandrew View Post
    Couldn't pass this up. lol

R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

Better listen to this guy. He has the most trustworthy beard I've ever seen. -bigfor15

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Switch the words Christian and Atheist around and at one point in time this would have been perfectly true also.

Some Atheists should be nicer to Christians online. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT here's the thing, here's why I think that the argument that Atheists are more self righteous than Christians holds no weight:

Atheists think that we are all going to die and that's it, we will all be gone forever.

Christians think that because of their belief they will go to a place where they will be happy forever and those who don't subscribe to this belief will burn in hell because of the great mighty God's judgement.

That's why I don't think that Atheists' attitudes are significantly worse than Christians despite the fact that I see more Atheists bashing religious persons than vise versa online.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loastres will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    because christians believe in a fictional character that created everything to explain their lack of knowledge,
    bases on books written copys of copys thousands of year ago in a totally different age which christians tend to take literally just because some moron told them it is the words of god.
    and on top of that they think we deserve eternal torture if we DONT believe in him.
    to continue they want to suck more and more people into this big lie that does more harm to humanity then good

hate ? no .. Ignorance and stupidity, yes

although there is a fine line between those 2 words

gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100) gynecomastio is not very well liked. (-100)
    No, only the angsty teenager atheists hate christians.
    The more mature ones just dont care.

Originally Posted by Loastres View Post
    because christians believe in a fictional character that created everything to explain their lack of knowledge,
    and on top of that they think we deserve eternal torture if we DONT believe in him.
    and to continue they want to suck more and more people into this big lie that does more harm to humanity then good

hate ? no .. Ignorance and stupidity, yes

although there is a fine line between those 2 words
    Guys guys, I'm not talking about the rightness or wrongness of a belief -- I have a friend who's waiting for the world to end in 2012 and is living in Alaska with guns, I think that he believes some pretty crazy things, but the guy is still awesome and a good friend. I'm talking about the personal attitudes toward people brahs, nothing else

AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50) AssholeStudz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why the fukk do these pathetic atheists care what what ppl believe in anyway?

if 1 is trying to shove their religion down your throat then okay bash them but if not then mind your own fukking business.

you can't explain the supernatural with any sort of technology or scientific research.

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    Switch the words Christian and Atheist around and at one point in time this would have been perfectly true also.

Some Atheists should be nicer to Christians online. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT here's the thing, here's why I think that the argument that Atheists are more self righteous than Christians holds no weight:

Atheists think that we are all going to die and that's it, we will all be gone forever.

Christians think that because of their belief they will go to a place where they will be happy forever and those who don't subscribe to this belief will burn in hell because of the great mighty God's judgement.

That's why I don't think that Atheists' attitudes are significantly worse than Christians despite the fact that I see more Atheists bashing religious persons than vise versa online.
    I think kids are impressionable now days, srs. Luckily I never watched TV because my mom didn't let me and then because I liked video games more because this doesn't make sense -- Why hate someone who believes differently? Because that's what a lot of the atheist posts in here have been, big rants that come down to saying, "They believe dumb stuff!" and "They want to make me believe their dumb stuff!"