diljot25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long would it take me to get a six pack?

So the question is "How long would it take me to get a six pack?" Also how many times a week should I do ab workouts. I was planning on doing them 2 times a week. I am 5 foot 10 inches and weigh about 115lbs. Sometimes less.
    Attached Images

wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by diljot25 View Post
    So the question is "How long would it take me to get a six pack?" Also how many times a week should I do ab workouts. I was planning on doing them 2 times a week. I am 5 foot 10 inches and weigh about 115lbs. Sometimes less.
    Honestly I would not worry about trying to get a six pack, you look like you should try and bulk up first (get bigger). Not to be mean but you don't look like you have a lot of muscle and have a little fat on you. But don't worry, here is what I suggest.

First talk to some people at your local gym and ask them about bulking (it would take to long to explain here), you basically need to start eating more than you usually do (about 300-500 calories) on top of eating more if you are not active. Second you should do a three day split if you want to gain mass (bulk) "AND" get a six pack.

Day 1 Monday - work on chest, triceps, and maybe some shoulder. Do alot of pushing exercises like bench press (I recommend with dumbells not the barbell since it work more muscles fine tuned and makes you control the weights) and tri pull downs and skull crushers. Might add some shoulder if you want.

Day 2 Tuesday - rest "that means no lifting weights!"

Day 3 Wednesday - Biceps, forearms, and maybe some more shoulder. Do alot of curls and close grip chin ups, relativler light day but will get good results, also for the last workout do negative resistance curls (all the way down, and all the way up 3 times without rest).

Day 4 Thursday - Rest!

Day 5 Friday - Upper back and core section. (this is the abs training) Do alot of over head pull downs and pulling exercise, wide grip pull ups/chin ups, rope reverse push ups, and balance workouts for mid section. Try asking about TRX ropes They are AMAZING for your back.

Day 6 Saturday - Cardio. Do HIIT and swimming. Ask arounf about HIIT since it would take a while to explain.

Day 7 Sunday - Rest.

After you've gained about 10-15 or even 20 pounds you can go through a cutting phase which gets rid of excess fat and lets your new muscles show (especially your abs who have been hiding).

Hope this helps ask me any other questions you have. Though I am no expert I get great results with what I do and am friends with quite a few personal trainers.

Matt.

Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mat723 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wozzey View Post
    Honestly I would not worry about trying to get a six pack, you look like you should try and bulk up first (get bigger). Not to be mean but you don't look like you have a lot of muscle and have a little fat on you. But don't worry, here is what I suggest.

First talk to some people at your local gym and ask them about bulking (it would take to long to explain here), you basically need to start eating more than you usually do (about 300-500 calories) on top of eating more if you are not active. Second you should do a three day split if you want to gain mass (bulk) "AND" get a six pack.

Day 1 Monday - work on chest, triceps, and maybe some shoulder. Do alot of pushing exercises like bench press (I recommend with dumbells not the barbell since it work more muscles fine tuned and makes you control the weights) and tri pull downs and skull crushers. Might add some shoulder if you want.

Day 3 Wednesday - Biceps, forearms, and maybe some more shoulder. Do alot of curls and close grip chin ups, relativler light day but will get good results, also for the last workout do negative resistance curls (all the way down, and all the way up 3 times without rest).

Day 4 Thursday - Rest!

Day 5 Friday - Upper back and core section. (this is the abs training) Do alot of over head pull downs and pulling exercise, wide grip pull ups/chin ups, rope reverse push ups, and balance workouts for mid section. Try asking about TRX ropes They are AMAZING for your back.

Day 6 Saturday - Cardio. Do HIIT and swimming. Ask arounf about HIIT since it would take a while to explain.

Day 7 Sunday - Rest.

After you've gained about 10-15 or even 20 pounds you can go through a cutting phase which gets rid of excess fat and lets your new muscles show (especially your abs who have been hiding).

Hope this helps ask me any other questions you have. Though I am no expert I get great results with what I do and am friends with quite a few personal trainers.

Matt.
    agree with advice on bulking and then cut to show of the 6 pack...but why he SHOULD do a split?

wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mat723 View Post
    agree with advice on bulking and then cut to show of the 6 pack...but why he SHOULD do a split?
    I guess it doesn't really matter if he's new to body building, but the split I listed uses muscle groups to their full potential. Think about the bench press, it uses your chest obviously but it also heavily relies on your triceps.
    Now think about any pulling back workout, you use your biceps alot during those, and so on. The point is it helps to get both groups at the same time, promotes muscle memory to get more weight over time, and makes it so you only have to do the group once a week for maximum rest periods and yet you still workout every-other day.

So say for instance you worked out your biceps on monday, and then upper back on thursday. Potentially you are using your biceps twice in one week and not leaving alot of rest time.

But then again you have a point since he is new he can pretty much do whatever he wants and still get results.

IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10) IAmAnOvercomer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "A skinny guy with abs is like a fat beesh with big tits, it just doesn't count" Zyzz once said. No offence but 115lbs on a 5'10 guy is pretty damn skinny. I wanted that 6 pack too, but honestly your better off bulking up first like what i'm doing right now. After you bulk up, then you can think about getting that six pack.

Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000) Jericoe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wozzey View Post

Day 4 Thursday - Rest!

Day 7 Sunday - Rest.

Matt.
    reasons why you shouldnt listen to this post:

1. dont ask people at your gym about bulking, research it on here.

2. This split has no legs

3. its a split.

Seriously thought get on a routine like SS and eat some gotdamn food

Registered User featherweight11's Avatar
    featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) featherweight11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    roughly 100 days , 36 hours, 22 mins, 22 seconds, and 3 milli seconds of working out.
    http://i.imgur.com/AMdY01t.png

Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pablizzo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1-2 months. 1 month should expose them. 2 months should make them really noticeable. That is if you diet strictly. Doing abs twice a week is not bad. It will not help much to get your six pack though. Losing body fat will.

I answered your question, but I suggest you bulk instead. I also wanted a six pack when I first started, but a six pack is nothing impressive without being muscular. If you are not muscular now, then you will look even less muscular when you cut your calories and lose even more weight. You should go for an 8 month bulk now and worry about a six pack next year.

habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) habib123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Work your whole body, not just your abs. Your gonna look smaller than you already are, no offence.

najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) najee786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ridiculous advice on the splits. Nutrition is on point though.

Listen: Search for "Starting strength" on google.

Use some type of variant to this programme. I myself used the Leangains RPT style approach as a noob to increase both strength and muscle.

Basically... Just do COMPOUND exercises for a good 6months to a year...without fail do more than 3 of these...

Squats, Deadlifts, Bench-Db press, Military-dbshoulder press, BB row, pull ups, chin ups, dips, push ups, leg press, lunges.

THIS IS A MUST for packing on a muscle at the start.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

One life, one shot.

bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bboy2143 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IAmAnOvercomer View Post
    "A skinny guy with abs is like a fat beesh with big tits, it just doesn't count" Zyzz once said. No offence but 115lbs on a 5'10 guy is pretty damn skinny. I wanted that 6 pack too, but honestly your better off bulking up first like what i'm doing right now. After you bulk up, then you can think about getting that six pack.
    this ^^. Bulk and get bigger then cut. Dont worry so much about the abs. Like what he said, 115 on a 5'10 guy is hellllaaa skinny.

Bajanka26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, can I get help on how to eat right to loose belly fat? and what exercises should I do to get toned and or get six pack.