Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000)

Need a diet for the summer

6'1, 172 pounds and 16 years old. I have been messing around all school year with weights getting form down and thinking I was making weights but I never had the correct diet. I am committed to gaining around 10-12 pounds this summer with a new diet and the 5x5 training program. I had a perfect diet plan laid out that included 3500 calories with lots of protein (little over my body weight) and nice healthy fats. Problem is, I just got a job offer to work full time (7am-5pm) at a nearby construction company. Obviously I am not gonna have time to use my old food schedule as it interrupts my work big time, so I need some help as to some easy things to eat while I am at work with lots of calories and protein. Here were some of my ideas:

1000+ calorie shake first thing when I get up (was in my original plan as well) 7am

Burger with wheat bread, veggies, ect. Greek yogurt??? 12pm

Not too much I've come up with lol. I might either work out before work (EARRRLLLYY), at lunch (very quickly), or right after work so there is a post workout shake there (mainly just protein).

*edit* here is my original plan:
    Morning Shake:
    70g's protein
    1000 calories

After workout Shake(10:30):
    48g's of protein
    200 calories

Lunch(12:00):
    34 g's of protein
    605 calories

Snack(2:00):
    400 calories
    8g of protein

Dinner(6:00):
    800 calories
    30 g's of protein

Lift, Eat, Sleep. Repeat. BDeblo's Avatar
    BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BDeblo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Meal timing is largely a function of personal preference based on performance, lifestyle, convenience, etc. eat when you can.
    eat the foods you enjoy in the portions that allow you to fulfill your calorie, macro/micro needs, energy and satiety needs. no need to follow a plan
    also take full advantage of your teenage hormones and eat. worry less about nutrition and more bout school and girls. good luck at the new job
    Ditch your meal plan and develop a diet that combines sound nutrition with the foods you enjoy by eating when you see fit in the portions that allow you to achieve your macronutrient and caloric needs while providing sufficient micronutrients, energy and satiety. One can never forget that nutrition is a tool, not a restraint; the enjoyment of life should always come first. Psychological, sociological and emotional health should never be threatened by the attempt to increase physiological health.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also FYI, there are 3 other macronutrients other than protein, so don't just say x grams of protein in the future
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000) Acousticx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Also FYI, there are 3 other macronutrients other than protein, so don't just say x grams of protein in the future
    I am aware, I had those calculated on another file but I can't find em :/

ejm526 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ejm526 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ejm526 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ejm526 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm the same height (just lighter) with the same plan for the summer (definitively need to gain weight). I've worked out with different splits for a couple years now with little results. Getting back to basics and doing starting strength. Anyways, is your job at the construction company a labor job? If so, working that full time in the summer heat at your age is going to burn massive calories. So if its a labor job i'm guessing you will find yourself needing way more calories to gain weight.

Originally Posted by ejm526 View Post
    i'm the same height (just lighter) with the same plan for the summer (definitively need to gain weight). I've worked out with different splits for a couple years now with little results. Getting back to basics and doing starting strength. Anyways, is your job at the construction company a labor job? If so, working that full time in the summer heat at your age is going to burn massive calories. So if its a labor job i'm guessing you will find yourself needing way more calories to gain weight.
    Yepp, its labor. I am gonna have to find quick ways to get lots of calories lol.