Thread: Upper Chest

jnewlin3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upper Chest

I've recently realized that my upper chest is VERY underdeveloped and far behind the rest of my chest. What are some good upper chest exercises to help it catch up, I already do incline presses and flyes (at a lot less weight) Any tips!?

gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gethuge367 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when doing incline bb bench, bring the bar down to your collarbone/neck area (dont bounce! lmao) when i do this i feel it in my upper chest a lot more. if i bring the bar down to around mid pec, it seems my upper chest gets less activation and my triceps take over the work.

be sure to be careful when doing this. the first time id suggest a spotter, since its possible the bar will hit the pins as youre going up, which competely throws off any momentum and puts you off balance. a very dangerous situation. once you get the hang of them you wont need a spotter. also- use the smith machine if you hit the pins every time, some gyms have the kind that stick way out

davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What ive come to realize, is that targetting upper chest is more mental than anything. For instance, when doing flat Barbell Benchpress, most people instinctively position themselves with their backs slightly arched, and the bar a few degrees forward over their middle chest because this is the strongest possible stance, and allows the biggest lifts. However, if you keep your back flat and bring the bar straight above your collar bone (paying attention so as not to hit rack) you will notice that its much easier to isolate upper chest. Not because its a different exercise, but because you are paying attention to how you are lifting.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's you're workout outline involving incline bench press?

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of it is genetics

Do pec minor dips. I superset pec minor dips with regular dips all the time
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidbrogdon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gethuge367 View Post
    when doing incline bb bench, bring the bar down to your collarbone/neck area (dont bounce! lmao) when i do this i feel it in my upper chest a lot more. if i bring the bar down to around mid pec, it seems my upper chest gets less activation and my triceps take over the work.

be sure to be careful when doing this. the first time id suggest a spotter, since its possible the bar will hit the pins as youre going up, which competely throws off any momentum and puts you off balance. a very dangerous situation. once you get the hang of them you wont need a spotter. also- use the smith machine if you hit the pins every time, some gyms have the kind that stick way out
    This is perfect as you can get for incline benchpress form my friend. this is just my opinion, but its what i would suggest. :

Incline BB press (bring bar down to collar as mentioned above)
    Flat BB benchpress (keep back flat and arms at 45degree angle to body bring bar down to right below collar bone)
    Incline DB flyes (try to keep mind focused on upper pecs)
    Pecdec flyes (try not to lean back, if anything lean slightly forward)
    reverse grip benchpress (ive never had any luck with these to date, but some people have..)

maybe one workout do normal chest day. then next time do this. You should see some decent results in 10-15 workouts i would say. hope it helps

luciobrazil007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do elevated pushups for upper chest

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by luciobrazil007 View Post
    i do elevated pushups for upper chest
    So do I, but my upper chest doesn't grow! How high do you put your feet up?