MikeDeez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine + Fat Burners

What's up everyone? First post here.

I have a general question about some supplements and when I how I should cycle them properly.

As a little background, I'm not bodybuilder nor am I trying to be. Just a dude who's trying to get in shape, burn fat, maintain muscle and get ready to be on the beach in about a month!

My workout routine: I've been doing morning cardio sessions and lifting heavy about 2 times/week in the evening. On non-lift days I do cardio in the evening. And one cardio session on the weekends. Also, my diet is pretty clean.

I've been taking creatine for about 3 weeks and I have about two more weeks left on that. Afterwards, I was going to take some fat burners (perhaps Animal Cuts) and switch to all cardio and maybe lifting 1 day/week.

Question I have is, would it be good/beneficial to cross the two cycles over, as opposed to stopping one and starting another? Should I continue the creatine into my cut? (I'm guessing that defeats the purpose).

Also, I've taken plenty of fat burners (Oxyelite, animal cuts, and even the ephedras back in the day). I recall Animal Cuts working the best for me with tons of cardio, plus I like the fact that it's only a 3 week cycle. But I'm open to suggestions to better fat burners if you guys have them!

Thanks all, sorry for the long post!

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My workout routine: I've been doing morning cardio sessions and lifting heavy about 2 times/week in the evening. On non-lift days I do cardio in the evening. And one cardio session on the weekends. Also, my diet is pretty clean.

Your diet is going to determine your fatloss; so by stating its just clean isn't enough. What's the breakdown of your macro/micros

I've been taking creatine for about 3 weeks and I have about two more weeks left on that. Afterwards, I was going to take some fat burners (perhaps Animal Cuts) and switch to all cardio and maybe lifting 1 day/week.

I think your focusing on the wrong things here. Creatine and animal cuts, or supplements in general are NOT going to give you the success your looking for for losing fat.

Also, I've taken plenty of fat burners (Oxyelite, animal cuts, and even the ephedras back in the day). I recall Animal Cuts working the best for me with tons of cardio, plus I like the fact that it's only a 3 week cycle. But I'm open to suggestions to better fat burners if you guys have them!

Looking at your stats, your 5'10 230. I'm going to venture to say that you have a fair bit of fat to lose. Here's an option; drop the supplements for a couple months. Focus on your diet. Eat less then what your body requires and the fat will melt off. Then when you begin to get lean, maybe you can start looking into supplementing your diet with extra things that will give you that 'edge'. But for now, I think it's just a matter of staying on top of your diet.
    www.grazethesky.com

Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Aside from agreeing with all that ^^^^

Creatine doesn't have anything to do with fat gain, and it's not a stimulant, and you get it from food... So what specifically are you worried about happening if you take it with a fat burner? And you seem a little overly worried about your "cycles", it's not cell-tech.

venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50) venom55520 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post

Your diet is going to determine your fatloss; so by stating its just clean isn't enough. What's the breakdown of your macro/micros

I think your focusing on the wrong things here. Creatine and animal cuts, or supplements in general are NOT going to give you the success your looking for for losing fat.

Looking at your stats, your 5'10 230. I'm going to venture to say that you have a fair bit of fat to lose. Here's an option; drop the supplements for a couple months. Focus on your diet. Eat less then what your body requires and the fat will melt off. Then when you begin to get lean, maybe you can start looking into supplementing your diet with extra things that will give you that 'edge'. But for now, I think it's just a matter of staying on top of your diet.
    this
    Originally Posted by Ammex View Post
    Aside from agreeing with all that ^^^^

Creatine doesn't have anything to do with fat gain, and it's not a stimulant, and you get it from food... So what specifically are you worried about happening if you take it with a fat burner? And you seem a little overly worried about your "cycles", it's not cell-tech.
    and this.

also, being a big guy myself "pretty clean diet" sounds like my excuse of "oh i only have mcdonalds once every two days" or something. at your weight, diet is EVERYTHING. literally. i've dropped 38lb's in about a month and a half being careful with my diet. i took an EC stack for about 2 weeks and did notice a difference but it wasn't worth the risk factors for me.

also, are you trying to gain muscle or lose fat? you can't do both at the same time, so...just a heads up.

Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Braxley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nothing wrong with taking either of them, creatine gives you added strength and saturates your muscles with water, once you get off it then you'll start to lose a fair bit of water weight. Fat burns are kinda meh, just get a good diet ( mark every single calorie you eat and hit the right amount of carbs, protein and fats) and keep up your training and youll be fine. But to address the question creatine + a fat burner will have no other effect taken together than taken separately so you might as well stack them if you are dead set on it.

MikeDeez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Trust me, I know my diet isn't perfect. But To clarify, When I say "mostly clean diet" I mean just that....high amounts of good protein, veggies, fiber in the form of whole wheats/grains. I allow myself one cheat meal a week, but I don't get out of control...usually get some sushi, maybe some pizza...and the occasional beer (bad, I know). I'm not out here pounding double cheeseburgers....haven't had fast food in well over a month.

I probably average about 1,500-2,000 calories a day. Perhaps I'm not getting enough with the two workouts? Or too many? Too many carbs maybe?

But to address my original question about the creatine and fat burner, I was just kinda wondering if they might offset each other since creatine keeps water on you/your muscles where as a fat burner with a diuretic would take it out of you.

I like the way the creatine has been helping in my muscle recovery, particularly with doing two workouts a day. And I've been lifting heavier than I ever have before.

Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MikeDeez View Post
    But to address my original question about the creatine and fat burner, I was just kinda wondering if they might offset each other since creatine keeps water on you/your muscles where as a fat burner with a diuretic would take it out of you.
    Water, is still, only water. So, when you say offset each other I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Fat burners are often just stimulants an possibly appetite suppressants. Though I don't have specific sources to quote, I'm pretty sure the whole Creatine/Caffeine controversy spawned from a fairly poor study and has sense been shown to be just yet another myth.

Creatine, well, there is enough information around on how it works.

If your question is simply about fluid intake, yeah you'll probably have to ramp it up. If I'm taking any stims and creatine, I'm usually at 8L or so a day.

BRB urinating.