andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Gained too much fat while on a bulk, what do?

Ive been lifting seriously for about 2-3 months and have gained roughly 20 pounds 130-150) I look alot more filled out rather than the skinny **** i used to be and gained a fair bit of muscle in that time frame. (will upload before/after pics on bs) but theres a problem, my fat storage is right at the bottom of my belly and looks weird as hell, like a lump that isnt suppose to be there.

I dont know what to do, i dont want it there. I'm debating to cut for a little bit so its not so noticeable then clean bulk as slow as i can, suggestions?

JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by andrew-pd View Post
    Ive been lifting seriously for about 2-3 months and have gained roughly 20 pounds 130-150) I look alot more filled out rather than the skinny **** i used to be and gained a fair bit of muscle in that time frame. (will upload before/after pics on bs) but theres a problem, my fat storage is right at the bottom of my belly and looks weird as hell, like a lump that isnt suppose to be there.

I dont know what to do, i dont want it there. I'm debating to cut for a little bit so its not so noticeable then clean bulk as slow as i can, suggestions?
    You shouldn't have gained 20 pounds in 3 months, of course a large amount of it is fat when your body is capable of maybe gaining 6-7 lbs of muscle in that time frame. pounds in that time frame. Looking filled out because of extra fat is not that great, skinniness look better than fat-filled imo. How many calories you're eating. You should decrease those calories a fair bit

a mini-cut cycle is not a bad idea, there are people who bulk for 6 weeks and cut for 2 weeks, over and over and they keep gaining muscle without ever getting too fat

andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew-pd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JaredPunch View Post
    You shouldn't have gained 20 pounds in 3 months, of course a large amount of it is fat when your body is capable of maybe gaining 6-7 lbs of muscle in that time frame. pounds in that time frame. Looking filled out because of extra fat is not that great, skinniness look better than fat-filled imo. How many calories you're eating. You should decrease those calories a fair bit

a mini-cut cycle is not a bad idea, there are people who bulk for 6 weeks and cut for 2 weeks, over and over and they keep gaining muscle without ever getting too fat
    In all fairness is what probly like 1.5months. (look at my bodyspace, theres a before and after i just uploaded) that mini-cut cycle seems like a great idea. Cutting is just eating less calories right? or should i go for runs and stuff while ofc lifting

JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JaredPunch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In all fairness is what probly like 1.5months. (look at my bodyspace, theres a before and after i just uploaded) that mini-cut cycle seems like a great idea. Cutting is just eating less calories right? or should i go for runs and stuff while ofc lifting
    yes less calories, start with 500 less calories than maintenance
    keep lifting but decrease sets a little
    throw some cardio there but not too much, like 20 minutes if intermittent high intensity and 40 minutes if steady state

DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's all about being on a calorie defictit. Cardio helps you reach the deficit or gets you into more of a deficit.

yes less calories, start with 500 less calories than maintenance
    keep lifting but decrease sets a little
    throw some cardio there but not too much, like 20 minutes if intermittent high intensity and 40 minutes if steady state
    Originally Posted by DanBBz View Post
    It's all about being on a calorie defictit. Cardio helps you reach the deficit or gets you into more of a deficit.
    Awesome, cheers.

So on a deficit i should slowly lose fat?

Awesome, cheers.

So on a deficit i should slowly lose fat?
    yes like 1 pound 1.5 pound a week depending on your deficit
    you can either cut till you're satisfied with your level of definition then bulk again, gaining weight at the rate of 1 pound per week and stopping when
    you lose too much definition, or you can keep doing the small bulking and cutting cycles, bulking for few weeks to build 2-3 pounds of muscle and cutting for 2 weeks to lose the 1 pound of fat you gained, then bulk again... that way you will have more mass and still low fat after many cycles

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You might have gained around 10 pounds of water in that time, so it's not that bad..

yes like 1 pound 1.5 pound a week depending on your deficit
    you can either cut till you're satisfied with your level of definition then bulk again, gaining weight at the rate of 1 pound per week and stopping when
    you lose too much definition, or you can keep doing the small bulking and cutting cycles, bulking for few weeks to build 2-3 pounds of muscle and cutting for 2 weeks to lose the 1 pound of fat you gained, then bulk again... that way you will have more mass and still low fat after many cycles
    This sounds like just what i need, thanks very much. So what do i do with my lifting while im cutting? im doing a push/pull/leg 5x5.

MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50) MeSKAline will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and this is why people clean bulk. Obviously OP has not read most of the studies which suggest that getting fat as **** whilst bulking just makes your body more accustomed to storing bodyfat, you should still stay at around 10-14% on a bulk dude
    -= * Olympian Health Representative *=-

ששש בלי דמעות, רק חלומות Mullahz218's Avatar
    Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mullahz218 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's just fat in the stomach, i'm pretty sure everyone has it and believe it or not we get A LOT of this kind of threads every week, people asking if they should stop bulking because they see abit of stomache fat.

Btw, I've gained about 15 pounds in 3 months, and I wish it could be more. If you've gained muscle, just keep at it.
    "Better to run than curse the road"

Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodge4this will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Up to you tbh i would just keep bulking another 2 months then cut and then rebulk once i got to around 10% bf

Originally Posted by Mullahz218 View Post
    Btw, I've gained about 15 pounds in 3 months, and I wish it could be more.
    no, you wish you could have gained more muscle, but it wasn't going to happen anyway
    I don't think you wish you could have gained 25 pounds in 3 months even if 10 extra pounds was 100% fat
    or are numbers so important for some people that weighing more it's always a great thing even if it's all fat?

Originally Posted by MeSKAline View Post
    and this is why people clean bulk. Obviously OP has not read most of the studies which suggest that getting fat as **** whilst bulking just makes your body more accustomed to storing bodyfat, you should still stay at around 10-14% on a bulk dude
    I'm not fat as **** just have some weird ass fat storage genetics which makes my fat store in my lower abs

This sounds like just what i need, thanks very much. So what do i do with my lifting while im cutting? im doing a push/pull/leg 5x5.
    Bump instead of making new thread, need this answered

Bump instead of making new thread, need this answered
    it's your choice
    what worked during a bulk will work during a cut too, just do less sets as it will be harder to recover if the volume is too high
    since 5x5 is to increase strength quickly and you won't increase strength quickly when on a deficit and you won't be able to increase the weight as often, maybe something as 3x8 would be a better idea during a cut

it's your choice
    what worked during a bulk will work during a cut too, just do less sets as it will be harder to recover if the volume is too high
    since 5x5 is to increase strength quickly and you won't increase strength quickly when on a deficit and you won't be able to increase the weight as often, maybe something as 3x8 would be a better idea during a cut
    Harder to recover? Thanks for the quick reply. Awesome so the same program just 3x8? And as I'm not getting as much calories increase weight slowly? Might do 5x5 (or 8x8) for bulk and 3x8 for cut.

actruelove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Im late i know...

From personal experience, you should switch rep and weight ranges only to break plateaus, not to accommodate the cut. Lift the same weight you lift for 5x5, and accept the fact the weights won't go up every week, while on a deficit. If you lower the weight, just for the cut, you can't gauge if there's a lot of strength loss. That's the main thing to look for on a cut. So if the weights stay the same, your fine.

Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bezzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Clean bulk it up, but do it legitimately or else your going to end up with the same problem and it'll be less salvageable to lose more fat.
    A simple hello can lead to a million different things.

Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000) Dirtymoney5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You shouldn't have gained 20 pounds in 3 months, of course a large amount of it is fat when your body is capable of maybe gaining 6-7 lbs of muscle in that time frame. pounds in that time frame.
    False.