Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Maxsuzaka View Post
    Why? Do you feel there is not enough room to do some of your lifts? I think it would look odd having the 1 ft gap and would give you something to trip on. I would either use the 6ft piece then you can have more space inside the rack or you can add another piece of platform to make it stretch out another couple of feet.

Why did you go with the W-4 over the R-4? Just curious how you made that decision. It's a nice looking set up.
    Hmm, good question. I guess I liked the look of it being connected to the wall. I didn't really consider the R4, although it does look like it's a bit more expensive. I don't do much bench press, (i don't even own a bench currently) and I'm comfortable dumping the weight off my back on squats, so the power rack just never really appealed to me.

As for moving the platform, the only lifts that i've had issue with is on split jerks i have had my back foot come off the platform once. I also had the same idea as you that I could just use the longer crossbars and work under the rack rather than outside of it for shoulder presses and jerks, but that would involve re-setting the rack into the concrete floor in a new location. If I just slide the platform out, i just have to drill thru the plywood and use the existing holes in the concrete.

Before I do anything I'm just going to see how often it's even an issue (my foot coming off the platform). It's possible that the one time it happened I was just farther back than I really should have been and since it's a new platform I didn't realize I shouldn't have been that far out
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Maxsuzaka View Post
    Also how do you like those bumpers? I am planning to get the hi-temps by rogue because of price and durability but damn I like the looks of those, especially The competition colored bumpers, nice
    That was something I did put a lot of thought into. As you can see, one side of the platform has a wall pretty close to it. I didn't want the barbell putting holes in it on a weekly basis, so the low bounce was pretty much a requirement for me. I was able to grab the non-competition 25 pound ones off the site (they are almost constantly out of stock and I emailed them over and over asking when they would be in stock but I kept getting the answer "in 3 weeks"), and then they just had a clearance sale for bumpers that were used in the crossfit regionals, so I got the 35 and 45 plates from that at a discount. Still pricey, but i just bought this house and this will be my gym for a long time to come, so I figured I could invest in it now.
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931