TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Any good books/resources on hormones and exercise/nutrition for the gym trainer?

I fall a little behind in conversations of how hormones affect (may halt) weightloss. I have yet to read something detailed, and credible, on this. Suggestions?

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Charles Poliquin is quite out there when it comes to hormonal work.

Mike Mahler has a Hormone Optimisation online course too that I enrolled on. A lot of my time is spent researching info on hormone optimisation now too.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd start with the anatomy and physiology text first. From there, once you have a REALLY good working knowledge of the hormones and processes involved, I would head over to PubMed and read science articles about the influence of weight loss and the hormones involved.

The books you are going to buy are either going to be based on these articles if they are good, or anything else would just be theory and/or bull****.

At least if you start out the way I suggested, when you start reading these materials, you will both have a better understanding, and you might be able to sniff out some bull****. I find it amazing how many people are involved in this field without a working knowledge of the sciences.

superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yea i agree with SFT. I'd first try and get a better understanding of anatomy and physiology -> nutrition -> then look at how exercise and nutrition influence hormones in the body. Gotta start from the bottom up.
    NASM and NFPT-CPT
    Misc Med 2017

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    I'd start with the anatomy and physiology text first. From there, once you have a REALLY good working knowledge of the hormones and processes involved, I would head over to PubMed and read science articles about the influence of weight loss and the hormones involved.

The books you are going to buy are either going to be based on these articles if they are good, or anything else would just be theory and/or bull****.

At least if you start out the way I suggested, when you start reading these materials, you will both have a better understanding, and you might be able to sniff out some bull****. I find it amazing how many people are involved in this field without a working knowledge of the sciences.
    This, this, this.

But honestly, unless you're training elite competitors, you should recognize that you're a) not an endocrinologist and b) not working with people for whom this information will be important. 99% of the time when you hear someone say that their "hormones are out of balance" and that's impeding their fitness goals, they're lying to cover for the fact that they're not eating or exercising correctly. If they really do have a severe hormonal problem, they need an MD, not a trainer; if they don't really have a severe hormonal problem, then there's no point in trying to incorporate that knowledge into your training plan. So bear that in mind - this research you do should probably be to satisfy your curiosity, not to impact the way you train people.

helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50) helenawf will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You on a Diet By Dr Oz

Dr Oz addresses hormones affects on weight loss in his book called You on a Diet. It has been a year or two since I read it but check it out.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Championship bodybuilding is a must read for anyone!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Starting the Slow Cut CertifiedMuscle's Avatar
    CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) CertifiedMuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try reading "Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism" 5th ed (6th ed should be out soon). It's pretty good.
    Alba Gu Brath

ISSA CFT

Civil Engineering '13

May The Force be with you, always.

TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks guys!

Dr. Oz however...haha, I want credible!

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    lexinak has it. This stuff is useless to you. You need to know about communication, exercise performance and coaching.

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Low test, high cortisol, high insulin etc you can only fix to the extent that you can get them to exercise more, eat better, sleep better, stress less etc, stuff you should be doing anyway. If someone has serious issues from nutrient deficiencies or more serious problems then they need injections, pills and stuff you can't give them anyway. So not much point trying to study heaps of it.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    lexinak has it. This stuff is useless to you. You need to know about communication, exercise performance and coaching.
    Why is it useless? It's related to my field. I don't hope to play around with my clients' hormones.

pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TrainBetter View Post
    Why is it useless? It's related to my field. I don't hope to play around with my clients' hormones.
    It may be useful scientific knowledge but it has little application for the fitness world. You're not going to change an exercise plan based on their leptin levels.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's irrelevant to your work. It's like asking for good books on existential cinema; it might be interesting to you, but is not useful to you as a trainer.

The goal is to keep the goal the goal. If you want to become a better trainer, focus on stuff that helps that, not on this other bullsht.