TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000)

Weight Gainer FAQ

To many threads regarding weight gainers, hope this answers your questions fellas.

Frequently Asked Questions regarding Weight Gainers

Q: When should I take my weight gainer serving?
    A: When ever you want. It doesn't have to be pre-workout, post workout, morning, night etc.. Anytime throughout the day you can consume your gainer servings.

Q: How many scoops should I take?
    A: How ever many you need to meet your daily macros. If you are short on calories/protein at the end of the day, take an additional serving. Some days you may not even need to take your serving, if you meet your macros in your diet.

Q: Are weight gainers worth the money?
    A: In my, and many others opinion. No. Weight gainers are expensive, and usually filled with sugar. Check the nutrition section for great gainer recipes, such as:

Milk (2 cups)
    Natural Peanut Butter (2 tsp)
    Banana (1, large)
    Whey protein (2-3 scoops)
    Oats (.5-1 cup)

*Blend until smooth, enjoy

Q: Should I mix my weight gainer in water, or milk!?
    A: Either, doesn't really matter. If you want additional protein/calories etc.. Mix it with milk, if you just want what the label says, mix with water. Most gainers taste 10X better when mixed with milk.

Q: Can I add Whey Protein to my weight gainer for additional protein?
    A: Yes. Adding an additional scoop of protein to your weight gainer can be beneficial.

Q: I can't consume all 4 scoops the label recommends, can I split them into different shakes?
    A: Absolutely. That is a lot of power/calories to be consuming all at once anyway, you can split the servings into as many shakes as you wish.

Q: I feel sick after drinking my gainer, why is this?
    A: Some people have this problem, and it can be caused by either drinking it to quick, or not using enough water. My recommendation, is to either split up your servings, into 2 shakes, and drink slower, as if you were eating a meal.

Q: Will I put on weight with a gainer?
    A: It's possible. If you are eating at a calorie surplus, yes. You will gain weight. If you are eating at a calorie deficit, you probably will not gain weight. After all, weight gainers are designed to help you reach your caloric intake throughout the day. If you are not achieving this, you are wasting your money.

Q: I have whey protein, and a gainer, when should I take them?
    A: Personally, though nutrient timing does not matter. I would take my Whey protein in the morning, with my breakfast. And I would take my weight gainer either post workout, or before bed.

Q: There are so many options, which gainer do I choose?
    A: Preferably none.. It's always healthier/cheaper to simply make your own. Though, if you got cash to blow, do research on each one. Find out which one has the best nutritional profile/price ratio.

Q: Okay, well i'm no genius, what am I looking for in a "nutritional profile"?
    A: Look for a gainer that isn't to expensive, yet contains a well proportioned amount of core macronutrients such as carbs, protein, essential fats, etc.. Also, the first thing you should look at in the nutritional facts is the Sugar content. A good weight gainer should be low in simple sugars, and high in complex carbohydrates. Also, it should contain a high quality protein, such as Whey, or Casein.

Q: My gainer was working good, but not getting any more gains?..
    A: Time to up your calories, which unfortunately if you're used to getting your calories in through a gainer, will also cause you to spend more $$$. Adjust your diet, and save money.

Bed time, more coming tomorrow. some answers i didn't really think through, most are off the top of my head, i'll further research+add more Q's tomorrow.

Driven Sports Craze Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144676431

Pre-Workout FAQ and Information thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144588521

Weight gainer help and FAQ: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145111141

Good-Bro Original DiabeticLifter's Avatar
    DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good post, but be serious, no one uses the search bar, you wasted your time.
    You ain't nothing but a piece a cheese without the corners. In other words, you ain't never gonna be a slice, bitch

TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DiabeticLifter View Post
    Thank you,

and I know lol.

I do not mind, I know there is one guy out there that will eventually use the search bar, and find his answer in this, or another thread. Without making one! Or so I hope.. I cannot stand all the threads
    Driven Sports Craze Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144676431

Pre-Workout FAQ and Information thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144588521

Weight gainer help and FAQ: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145111141

Good-Bro Original DiabeticLifter's Avatar
    DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DiabeticLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TimMason91 View Post
    Thank you,

and I know lol.

I do not mind, I know there is one guy out there that will eventually use the search bar, and find his answer in this, or another thread. Without making one! Or so I hope..
    i admire your enthusiasm
    You ain't nothing but a piece a cheese without the corners. In other words, you ain't never gonna be a slice, bitch

sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DiabeticLifter View Post
    This unfortunately. 90% of this board is the same 10 questions over and over again.
    weight = 69.9kgs (154lbs) ---- > 82.4kgs (181lbs) ----> 85.1kgs (187lbs)
    ___________1/2/12____________1/12/12____________1/3/13

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DavidBowie View Post
    You are ignoring the main fact why people post threads.. They want attention

Even if they read your crap they still will make the thread so they can think out loud.
    truth. people do search more than we think they do, but still create a thread because "their thread" will provide the ultimate answer to a question without an ultimate answer

Originally Posted by DavidBowie View Post
    You are ignoring the main fact why people post threads.. They want attention

Even if they read your crap they still will make the thread so they can think out loud.
    Yes, well, if I can help then why not. It's better the information is here, then if it was not. The fact that is here means someone, eventually will see it. And who knows, 1 out of 1,000 people who read it.. Will take from it, and learn.. Without making a thread

Or, post in this thread, any questions you may have

and i'm falling asleep. good night everyone.

edit: your pictures are going to give me nightmares..

justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justfive is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TimMason91 View Post
    Yes, well, if I can help then why not. It's better the information is here, then if it was not. The fact that is here means someone, eventually will see it. And who knows, 1 out of 1,000 people who read it.. Will take from it, and learn.. Without making a thread

Or, post in this thread, any questions you may have

and i'm falling asleep. good night everyone.

edit: your pictures are going to give me nightmares..
    atleast now you can just copy pasta what you wrote up to the multiple threads which will spawn today on this topic

Originally Posted by justfive View Post
    atleast now you can just copy pasta what you wrote up to the multiple threads which will spawn today on this topic
    Indeed, or copy/paste the link.

I'd Rather be Lifting... STL_Lift's Avatar
    STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I found this using the search!

My buddy was asking me about weight gainers because he cannot gain weight to save his life. Hi diet is good, and looks to be right around 4000 cals a day with the marco’s in check.

I’ve never used gainer, and that stuff is expensive!! I think something like the shake listed in OP’s post is prolly the way to go, I did the math on that and its 1345 Cals, 43 fat, 135 carb and 106 Protein… this was with whole milk so I’m sure you could go fat free to cut out some of the fat.

Way cheaper alternative.
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 198lbs

HST FTW

Originally Posted by STL_Lift View Post
    I found this using the search!

My buddy was asking me about weight gainers because he cannot gain weight to save his life. Hi diet is good, and looks to be right around 4000 cals a day with the marco’s in check.

I’ve never used gainer, and that stuff is expensive!! I think something like the shake listed in OP’s post is prolly the way to go, I did the math on that and its 1345 Cals, 43 fat, 135 carb and 106 Protein… this was with whole milk so I’m sure you could go fat free to cut out some of the fat.

Way cheaper alternative.
    It is, I'm glad you found out before wasting your money!

dommyy13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question about home made gainer:

When you say add oats, does that mean just add uncooked plain oats into it? I have steelcut oatmeal at home, can I use that?

galanghabiby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a very helpful article. I hope we can share ideas for solutions together.

RWatkins08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Just found your post Via Google.

That shake recipe is awesome! And the caloric math puts it right up there with the best gainers. The cost really depends on the protein you use, but even if you don't use 2-3 scoops, you still get a solid 1000 calories. Is there another thread there is just full of recipes like this? Guess I'll start browsing

Great Post.

Sorry to revive such an insanely old post.