View Poll Results: How many pounds of LBM did you gain in the first 2 weeks on V-12?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

4 28.57%
  • 1-3

4 28.57%
  • 4-6

4 28.57%
  • 7-9

2 14.29%
  • 10+

0 0%
    biointervette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much MASS did you gain using V-12?

I did a full search on V-12 (and swole). People frequently state they feel an awseome pump and are making good strength gains. This stuff sems very good for creatine non-responders. However, only twice did someone actually state how much their LBM increased.

For myself, I AM a creatine responder. I can take pure powder, with no grape juice or insulin spiker, and in 2 weeks I will have added 7 lbs. That is just the way it is with me, take creatine, gain 7 pounds. I have done this many times. I am wondering if I would gain more on V-12. Pump itself is not important to me, LBM gain is.

So, how many lbs. of LBM did you put on in 2 weeks of using V-12?
    Last edited by biointervette; 07-10-2003 at 05:38 AM.

HK45USP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creatine does NOT directly add lean body mass whatsoever.
    Creatine refuels the ATP/ADP cycle which allows your muscles to go a little further. You're able to squeeze out a few more reps and you will have explosive strength at the gym. Training at a higher intensity with creatine will tear more muscle fibers which in turn will ultimately lead you to more lean mass gains if your diet is in check.

So to answer to question, it will depend on your calorie intake and diet. The only thing V12 will do for you is increase your intensity at the gym.

Creatine does not directly add lean body mass. Your diet will determine that. Just make sure you're eating above your calorie maintenence level with lean meats, complex carbs, and essential fatty acids. Don't rely too much on supplements.

neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HK45USP,

While I will agree with some of your post.. I will have to disagree with your statement on how creatine does not add lean body mass.

Creatine is pulled into the muscles creating PhospoCreatine where it is used as an energy source ATP, obviously this will help you to lift more in the gym helping to build more strength and lean body mass.

Creatine also produces a super-hydrating effect filling the muscle cells with water giving the muscles a bigger and more full look. I would equate this effect with lean body mass, although it is water giving the effect, it is much more appealing to the bodybuilder than fat mass.

And of course, diet and water intake are extremely important as well.

NC
    When in doubt..Choke em out

Jean-Jacques Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Tarzana, Ca.

Marcelo Alonso Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Seattle, Wa.

Fairtex Muay Thai/San Francisco, Ca.

Originally posted by HK45USP
    Creatine does NOT directly add lean body mass whatsoever.
    Creatine refuels the ATP/ADP cycle which allows your muscles to go a little further. You're able to squeeze out a few more reps and you will have explosive strength at the gym. Training at a higher intensity with creatine will tear more muscle fibers which in turn will ultimately lead you to more lean mass gains if your diet is in check.

So to answer to question, it will depend on your calorie intake and diet. The only thing V12 will do for you is increase your intensity at the gym.

Creatine does not directly add lean body mass. Your diet will determine that. Just make sure you're eating above your calorie maintenence level with lean meats, complex carbs, and essential fatty acids. Don't rely too much on supplements.
    If, from your first-hand experience, you did not gain LBM from creatine, then you are simply a non-responder. Although, my post count is 4 or something like that, I have over 8 years of training under my belt, over 8 years of experience using supplements, and am a biologist. But, you don't need a biologist to know that your scientific explanation of the actions of creatine are lacking. This has been re-hashed a million times already - think "cell-volumization," like Butt Plug called it in the early days. In addition, re-read my initial post - every tine I take creatine, I put on 7 lbs. of LBM (with no change in diet and exercise). I have also done cutting cycles taking in WELL under my maintenance calories and put on mass on creatine. Oddly enough, the one thing I have noticed is, that for me, creatine requires a high intake of protein (and only enough carbs to keep me out of ketosis) to be its most effective.

Paul

Message Board King BallerPimp69's Avatar
    BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i dont respond to creatine at all, hardly even in dtrength gains, anyway i dont truely velive any1 is gaining 5 ibs off of taking calorie free creatine supps, it is miost liekly due to a bodybuilding diet rich in calories
    U might be able to lift more than me, but ill break ur ankles on the court

neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10) neckcrank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BallerPimp,

Is calorie free creatine anything like diet beer?

You may just be a non responder....but for the thousands who do respond...creatine will put the mass on you. If you still don't believe try V-12, this product will work for responders and non responders.

NC
    When in doubt..Choke em out

Jean-Jacques Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Tarzana, Ca.

Marcelo Alonso Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Seattle, Wa.

Fairtex Muay Thai/San Francisco, Ca.

Hatedflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

V12 S.a.n results

Who has taken this supplement? If anyone has post me and tell me bout ups and downs let me know... asap ! thx bros

Well, by the looks of results of this poll so far, V-12 DOES NOT cause a greater increase in LBM than good old creatine. I can go without the transient 2 hour pump and save $30. Thanks to all the members and bodybuilding.com forum. This site is a truly great resource.

Paul

Message Board King BallerPimp69's Avatar
    BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    theres another post right baove this one on the same thing, use search also

but to not be a dickhead, i use it, it tastes great and it gives creatine responders great pumps/results, i dont respond to creatine, and instead it just makes me a lil stronger (or at least it gives me a mental edge)
    U might be able to lift more than me, but ill break ur ankles on the court