TayUniversal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why do i always get nauseous on leg day?

Every week when i do leg day i always get dizzy, lightheaded and feel like im about ready to vomit towards the end of my workout, so i have to stop. I have been training for 7 months now and this phenomena hasnt gone away. i am 170 and consider myself lean, and my diet is very healthy. will this ever stop or will i always feel sick when doing a leg workout? is there anything i need to change? or is this normal

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    because working out legs is pretty damn exhausting... also, at 6', 172 lbs I'd imagine you're not really eating as much as you should. It could be not drinking enough water or not eating enough, or a million other things.

I was told by a couple of older brahs that old school gyms used to keep buckets next to every squat station, so if you're getting a little dizzy and you feel like vomiting don't stop, just make sure there's a garbage can near by

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Normally, it would be due to a conditioning issue. And, while it still could be, the fact that you've been experiencing this issue for nearly a year suggests it could be something else: your diet, hydration, etc.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

liorelr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if the weight youre lifting seems sensible to you, the symptoms *may* appear if you have a medical condition such as low iron in blood, anemia or abnormalities in blood pressure, affecting the oxygen flow especially during leg exercise.
    a simple blood test may answer that
    Last edited by liorelr; 05-23-2012 at 04:19 PM.

cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cap10raygun is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you taking a pre-workout supp? Also, when I used to smoke and barely did any cardio, I would feel nauseous after squats or deads.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TayUniversal View Post
    is there anything i need to change?
    Some possibilities:

If you're taking a pre-workout supplement, stop using it and see if that cures the problem.

If you're eating a big meal right before training, dont.

If you're training fasted, try eating a small meal an hour or two before training.

If you're holding your breath during an entire set, rather than taking a breath between reps, stop holding your breath.

If you huff and puff like a steam engine during your workout, you're out of condition; start doing some cardio.

If none of the above helps, you may have some medical issue. See your doc.

or is this normal
    No, not normal at all to be sick during training. And it's nothing to aspire to either.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icebrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The same thing used to happen to me while I was still able to train intensely. The theory I learned and makes sense (but cannot back up scientifically at the moment):

The three main consumers of oxygen are your muscles, your digestive system and your brain. During a high intensity workout your muscles are going to be screaming for more oxygen. So the body has to redirect some of the oxygen flow from other sources. Seeing as the other main sources are your digestive system and your brain, but your body will always prioritize the brain you won't get as much oxygen into your digestive system. I'm not acquainted with the specifics of this part but because of the reduced oxygen flow to your digestive system you get that nausea effect.

So if you improve your cardiovascular system you should be able to have more intense workout sessions.

OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OldschoolBB99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Every week when i do leg day i always get dizzy, lightheaded and feel like im about ready to vomit towards the end of my workout, so i have to stop. I have been training for 7 months now and this phenomena hasnt gone away. i am 170 and consider myself lean, and my diet is very healthy. will this ever stop or will i always feel sick when doing a leg workout? is there anything i need to change? or is this normal
    Dude same thing use to happen to me, even threw up once or twice. Its not something to be proud of because it means you lack the stamina and strenght to go through a set of squats. I mean leg training is hard dont get me wrong, but not that hard.

I would guess that your body isnt "set up" right to do squatting movements properly and its taxing you much more engergy. Do you find you have bad balance, and poor hamstring flexibility? Or your quad development imbalanced or not as good as you want?

If that sounds like you, you have to fix up these problems before you find your squats start improving, man there is a nigh/day difference for me compared to when I had these probs. hope that helps

JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JSNeves has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so i have to stop.
    You don't have to stop you chose to stop, push through a few times and it will get better. Puking after a set of squats is something to brag about

rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get the burps after going hard on a set. My stomach doesn't feel upset, but I defiantly feel the food coming up if I dont burp cautiously... Leg muscles equal BIG, when you work muscles blood goes to them...Too much blood in the legs can result in oxygen deficit in the brain which could be the reason you are nausea, although I normally just get dizzy. And I do not recommend holding your breath the whole way through a set....you will get VERY dizzy and possibly collapse.

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it is normal to get dizzy on leg day, it happens because most people exert themselves a lot more on leg day than on all other days -- and that is a good thing!

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Large compound movements maybe. Weighted hip exercises tend to make me nauseous throughout the next couple of days.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    *nauseous.

darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darinaldi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JSNeves View Post
    Puking after a set of squats is something to brag about
    Only if you're a CrossFitter.
    ***Anyone With "Crew" in Their Signature Sucks Balls Crew***

ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowWolfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    its from high exertion. theres nothing wrong with you. Your body is pushing a ton of weight for lots of reps, its taxing on your body and cause you to feel dizzy. Its also possible your holding your breath while doing the movements which will make it worse.