buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

what is 24hr fitness looking for when training

I have another interview with them and I will be training one of the managers. What will they be looking for? I am somewhat of a quiet person. I know my stuff but I don't know what type of personality they are looking for. A video would be nice.

KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) KodiakClaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buknasty View Post
    I have another interview with them and I will be training one of the managers. What will they be looking for? I am somewhat of a quiet person. I know my stuff but I don't know what type of personality they are looking for. A video would be nice.
    Trainers at my 24 Hour give off the 'want to help' vibe, very low pressure sales pitches. Dunno if that's what 24 hour coporate wants or if its different gym by gym though.
    http://www.iron-sanctuary.com/forums/index.php

buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KodiakClaw View Post
    Trainers at my 24 Hour give off the 'want to help' vibe, very low pressure sales pitches. Dunno if that's what 24 hour coporate wants or if its different gym by gym though.
    i would love to do that.

but i got the vibe from the manager that when im training someone i should be like some richard simmons hippie, hoppin around and yelling like and idiot on *******. that will be harder for me.

i want to sell more my knowledge than my personality but it sounds like they want it to be the opposite

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CrossFit is the preferred certification.. they'll definitely take NASM and NCSA but they prefer crossfit.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

JammieJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just train how you would normally train people. Would you really be happy with the job if they forced you to change your training style?

nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50) nlsecor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JammieJ View Post
    Just train how you would normally train people. Would you really be happy with the job if they forced you to change your training style?
    THAT.
    And, Treat him how I would suggest you treat your client. Ask questions about what is important to him. Don't assume you know what he is looking for. Ask why it is important to him to train etc. But don't ask like an exercise. Ask like he is your real client and you are planning on training him forever.

Semagt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Just be yourself man

fitnow707 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They are basically looking to see how personable you are when your are training your clients. So, you should obviously be explaining to that potential client why they are doing that exercise and how it will help them get to their goal. Working at 24 Fitness, especially in the PT arena, you are sales driven no matter what anybody says, but obviously don't sound like a used car salesman. Think about it this way, you know that your clients will get faster and efficient results more often when they train in the gym on their own and when they train with you. That's why its important to "plant the seed," and for you as a trainer to literally paint a picture of who they can possibly become 3 months from now, 6 months, 1 year, etc. So, don't cold sell your potential client, talk about their goals, and actively engage with him/her on how you plan on getting them there, and be specific as to what is expected to get there. Hope that helps. FYI, don't scream at your clients like your a drill sergeant. Most clients want to train with someone that can push them but also be comfortable with talking about other thing besides training. Trust me, you'll be talking about so many tangents when your are training your clients, that's why you should be personable.
    NASM Personal Trainer Certified, FitNow
    http://www.fitnowextreme.com
    info.fitnowextreme@gmail.com
    follow us on instagram at #fitnowextrme

oToMiXaRi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got hired today by 24Hourfitness...

When I had asked what set me aside from the other interviewee's the PT manager said I was really enthusiastic during the training session and showed a sincere concern for his goals and found a nice way to work around his unwillingness to try new exercises. "We were role playing me approaching one of those safety hazard people in the gym"

Talking about how comfortable you are in a sales environment and how you work well under pressure would be a good idea.

I had 5 interviews with Equinox previously and they didn't like the idea of me having never actually personal trained in a gym environment.

I will most likely keep these forums updated with my experiences.

Good luck!

Eric