ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000) ON1 is just really nice. (+1000)

CeliaGotMuscle's Road to the 2012 NPC Southern States with Optimum Nutrition

Hey All,
    I'm just here to kick off this thread (and pop in every so often to offer up some samples of some of the ON products talked about in this thread and possible run some product giveaways) and introduce you to an amazing athlete and an amazing person - Celia Romero (http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/celiaromero/) - as she preps for the 2012 NPC Southern States.

Celia has an amazing physique transformation story on her path to becoming a bodybuilder and some amazing achievements including an Overall Win at the 2009 All Forces Military Bodybuilding, Fitness and Figure Championships.

Moreso, I think Celia brings some incredible experience and insights as to what it is like to come to the US from another country, to lose a parent at a very young age, to succeed as a female in the US Military, and to be a successful athlete while a full time student living on your own.

At this point I'll kick it over to Celia to post her thoughts and plans about her prep and her journey - training, diet, supps (many from Optimum Nutrition of course) and everything else that plays a factor in her success and of course her progress pics.

So this is your chance to follow this very amazing athlete and person and ask her anything (appropriate) about what fuels her drive.

And of course I'll be back from time to time to give away some free stuff to some of you who choose to interact here...
    Jay
    "I have never been especially impressed by the heroics of people who are convinced they are about to change the world. I am more awed by those who struggle to make one small difference after another."

I don't do samples.
    That would be consumer@optimumnutrition.com

CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Hi everyone!
    Just wanted to say hello and officially introduce myself. Jay and I have been friends for over 2 years now, and he's such a great person who believes in me more than I believe in myself, I think.
    We wanted to start this thread in order to help anyone who needs some motivation, who might be thinking about competing, who is just starting out in the fitness world, or whatever your situation is, you're more than welcome here.
    After a long break from competing, I decided to go at it again. The reason I stopped back in 2009 was because I didn't find a good fit with the categories they had for women. I had to choose between figure, or bodybuilding; and I could not fit in either one. Luckily they created the new Physique division for women who, like myself, did not "fit in." I'm very excited about my show coming up July 13-14 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. It is only 7 1/2 weeks away!
    I will be posting pictures, videos, talking about my diet, supplements, or just rambling on about how crappy I feel and how I need some food! haha Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll be more than happy to answer to the best of my abilities.
    Celia
    P.S. Attached it's a picture at 8 weeks out.
    2012-05-20 22.12.02.jpg
    Get on the fit train!

jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10) jbunton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Celia, I'm so happy that you have decided to compete again. You are one of my biggest inspirations! I have a question. I'm 32, and the older I get it, the more difficult it seems to lose any weight and the more plateaus I hit. What is one piece of advice that you can give me to help me jumpstart my progress?
    ~NEVER GIVE UP~

CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CeliaGotMuscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jbunton View Post
    Celia, I'm so happy that you have decided to compete again. You are one of my biggest inspirations! I have a question. I'm 32, and the older I get it, the more difficult it seems to lose any weight and the more plateaus I hit. What is one piece of advice that you can give me to help me jumpstart my progress?
    Thanks Jaz!
    Without sounding too harsh... Are you doing everything you're supposed to be doing in order to make progress? Most of the time we lie to ourselves saying we work hard and we do this or that and our diet is pretty good, but seriously, are you eating clean 90-95% of the time? It's not about never eating junk, but how often are you eating it? I know you have kids, and it's hard not to have it around, but you have to exercise self control. Heck, I live alone and it's still not easy. It's also not about working hard in the gym, but what you do outside of the gym that matters most.
    With that being said, take a good look at everything you're doing, and re-evaluate. What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish? Lose fat? Get stronger? Only you can answer those questions.
    Once you've taken a good look at your routine, let me know how I can help.
    Xoxo
    Celia
    Get on the fit train!

So I am 7 weeks out today. I weighed 164 this morning. Just started doing 2 hours of cardio yesterday. I thought my prep was hard, but it's only getting harder. The next 7 weeks are going to be hell, but so worth it in the end. I figured I have about 14 more lbs to lose or so. I think I'll be pretty good around 150 before depleting and dropping water. I'll post pics later tonight.
    Xo
    Get on the fit train!

Current Diet- Since I have a lot of work to do to get in shape in the next 7 weeks, this is my current diet. Don't try this at home. ;-)
    meal one:
    2 whole eggs
    6 egg whites
    .5 cup oatmeal

meal two:
    1/4 avocado
    4oz chicken
    2cup veggies broccoli or asparagus

meal three: (pre workout)
    5 oz chicken 2 cups veggies

Immediately after workout or cardio(if done at this time):
    BCAA powder

meal four: (about an hour later)
    4oz chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice

meal five:
    4oz tilapia
    1/4 avocado
    2 cups cooked veggies

meal six:
    1 tbs almond butter
    1 scoop protein
    Get on the fit train!

Just like I promised, here is an update. Just took this pic, I am 7 weeks out now.
    Feel free to ask any questions.
    Xo
    Get on the fit train!

Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000) Eric-B is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey Celia just here to say I'm rooting for ya!
    NSCA-CPT, CSCS

Owner/Coach @ Balanced Bodybuilding

********.com/Balancedbodybuilding

Originally Posted by Eric-B View Post
    hey Celia just here to say I'm rooting for ya!
    Thanks Eric! I'm excited.
    Get on the fit train!

Here is a back shot taken the same day. Just under 7 weeks to go.
    Get on the fit train!

This is what everybody's grocery's list should look like.
    Attached Images
    Get on the fit train!

Getting it done.
    Attached Images
    Get on the fit train!

How are you guys doing? I'm now 5 weeks out from the show. I've lost 22 lbs since I started prepping 8 weeks ago. I'm so excited! I haven't been 160 in years! Now I'm looking forward to dropping into the 150s as I approach the show. I will be posting more pics soon. I switched to keto last week and also changing my lifestyle to a paleo approach. If you have questions feel free to ask.
    Xo
    Get on the fit train!

Taken around 5 1/2 weeks out. Making some improvements...
    Attached Images
    Get on the fit train!

PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAtoVA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CeliaGotMuscle View Post
    Taken around 5 1/2 weeks out. Making some improvements...
    How's prep coming along celia. I've followed a lot of your training for a bit. Found this recently. Good luck at your next show.

Originally Posted by PAtoVA View Post
    How's prep coming along celia. I've followed a lot of your training for a bit. Found this recently. Good luck at your next show.
    Thank you so much! There has been a change of plans so I'm pushing for a show later on, but training is going well!
    Last edited by CeliaGotMuscle; 07-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Get on the fit train!