Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My journal.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gonna get in about 2 hours of striking tonight... soley working on combos and setting them up with footwork

Also working on my conditioning.

Gonna do a bud jeffries deal (he has great ideas) today and get in max free weight squats and push ups in 20 minutes and I will hit some burpees afterwards, get 20g of carbs or so and do practice.
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what a random day... here is my girlfriend who happened to meet and hangout with Carlson Gracie Jr while she was in spain.

Not the greatest pic of her, but you get the point. So freaking odd and yeah I am jealous... also for the fact she is working on a cruise line now as a doctor...

Another detail? I am a new and proud member of Team Alliance here in SP now onto my workout for today...

Back from my max day... and well I had an awful workout. I had 0 stamina because my dumbass drank lastnight. I had a good first set in all exercises but after that i was toast

ME: close grip inclines, pretty high angle... missed 265, hit 2 reps with about 250
    incline dumbbell press 12 with 90 (**** form) 13 with 90...and as i said...5 with 90 for 3rd
    overhead one arm extension... just did 6 sets of whatever with about 40 or so (damn kilos)
    5 sets of pause rows 15,12,6, 10, 12 ---****ed with weight some
    2 sets of pulldowns with 200 for 10 easy and 6 reps
    v bar poushdowns 2x8 and 12
    face pulls 3x10
    band pull aparts 3 sets easy
    shoulder press close facing grip 15,10,8
    band curls 100 reps
    rear neck 2x20/ side neck 1x15
    did a set of front raises with 40 pounds x 10 each

adding volume 2 weeks before deload

Going back for cardio later....

doing a crossfit deal.. no hate

5 sets of...
    400 meter run
    push press 15 with 135 (cake lol)
    10 push ups

I like some crossfit stuff, but I will ONLY do things that correlate with my goals as far as exercises... and you wont find me doing 100 snatches with 50 pounds either lol. I think the concept is great, just some people are way too random with it.

After I will slowly jog for 3 miles to work my aerobic system and for active recovery. ME day tomorrow for legs and im still sore from DE day

Today is just going over basic takedowns, especially mentally and hitting some reps in the upper body to condition my muscles because I wont nail upper again till wed.

Workout:
    200 band rows
    200 band presses
    100 tricep extensions
    50 pull aparts
    30 laterals
    50 hammer curls
    30 total reps rear neck

hurt like a mother...

resting up now, BJJ tomorrow at my new place

here is a HL of the team

and my gym (I think they expanded it since this its bigger)

WELL another update... started at my new school Team Alliance Sao Paulo... had a great time, even though the teacher won't let me spar yet... I got to turn the heat up when playing Jogos... or game with the technique he taught... and I must say, the teacher has a lot of stripes on his black belt lol...I am really happy with the quality of technique and the size of the gym here.

We pretty much worked on defending the side control, getting the foot in the far bicep and regaining control of the person standing up outside of your guard...

I used too much strength stepping back into the gi and my knuckles are raw now.. but its alright.

I then went to do my weights but i was so weak after jj... i think it was because i got dehydrated somewhere in the middle of class as it is getting hot in brazil now.

So all I did was DE bench and worked up to a heavy single with 245 pounds and a lot of band tension..I think it was close to 400 at lockout, but i set up the bands so you dont really feel how ****ing heavy they are untill the last few inches.

sORRY BRAHS, BEEN BUSY BUT BEEN TRAININ... Yesterday we did some opposite side armbar sit ups and gi sweep stuff... today was nogi and class kicked my ass, I have a long way to go in conditioning, but I tend to catch up fast. Did some shooting and sprawl drills, from there we did a shoot to body lock takedown, from there we did a shoot to high crotch (locking hands on triceps)... Then we did some bag slams and of course my trainer made me go get the 6 foot thai bag while everyone else was using some 60 pound joint lol, I really need to work on my over the shoulder throws... I wanted to turn it into a wrestling style throw, no good... then we went live and I got a few takedowns, whenever the guy would stand up while we were fighting for control, I would duck under him and turn the corner, that was good... I was so exhausted though I really tapped out just from exhaustion when he nearly got a sub, if I had the energy to fight it I would have... I was just with a lack of sleep, plus I need to do more work... I feel amazing though. Guy I went against was a beast so I was happy to get some reversals, takdowns, he defended my ankle lock well, I got an elevator throw... etc etc he choked me once sorta tho... wasnt so deep but i was done. He def won but I dont feel bad

Boring stuff:
    max effort bench with a good amount of tension 265 + band x1
    close grip pause inclines 4x5
    Elevated wide grip, DEEP stretch push ups 2x15 (hands elevated too)
    Overhand chest rows 12,10,10,5,5
    Overhead extensions 5 sets on the minute heavy weiught starting with 10 reps, ending with 5
    Rear delts 3x10
    Pushdowns 3x8,8,10
    Lateral raises 2 sets
    Rope curls 3x10-12

dat christmas deload weak...

chilled the **** out, then grabbed some bands and....
    standing heavy band press 9x3
    Band close grips light 3x8
    band pushdowns 3x15
    band rows 3x10

why all bands? gym closed

BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice training bro. you'll be a beast in no time training with alliance!
    531 for Wrestling: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150559883

52 books challenge: 9
    Currently reading: "I am Legend"

Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    nice training bro. you'll be a beast in no time training with alliance!
    Thanks killer, they are very detailed with their technique... its almost science. They are a bit different than other gyms ive been too... technique wise also, but i really like it.

Ran an hour at dawn today... waiting for the gym to reopen...

sorry im so awful with my blog

mma GYM IS STILL CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS SO oops caps... I have to make due with getting in shape stuff till it re-opens.

Just got back from a max effort upper body workout... I am throwing in a lil more hypertrophy stuff
    Steep incline, close grip 230x1, 235x1, 220 x3 makes my 5 reps at around 90%
    explosive singles seated press 4x1 up to 170 (full rom to chest, pause an push)
    3x suspended wide grip push ups 3x6-8 with a band
    Dumbbell hammer grip overhead 40 pounds, 5 sets max 45 seconds between
    Flye machine 3x8 (I am weak off the chest still so im focusing more on chest and yes westside guys DO flyes)
    pushdowns 2x12 40s rest
    heavy rows 4x6 (60 rest)
    face pulls 3x10 (30s rest)
    Laterals 1x4,1x10
    frontr aises 2x6
    between sets I did cable waist twists 3x6 and calves

as you can see for all of my accessory work I am not resting for more than a minute with the exception of heavy presses. That will help me work a bit on hypertrophy and cut down on time
    I have more to do ...

GPP as of today
    circuit
    push ups - 10
    sumo high pulls - 10
    strict press - 10
    good morning - 10
    unweighted jump squat - 10

3 rounds as fast as possible

150 push up variations

200 power punches
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 01-02-2013 at 05:21 AM.

well only boring stuff till monday... I went out of the city toda so gettig back late i only had time for strength work which included dynamic effort lower body.

Squat...went heavier than normal for de 7x2
    deadlft 10x1/215
    pulldowns 3x6
    Good morning...worked up to a moderate triple wth 220.. the gym was closed for nearly 2 weeks. gotta be careful
    70 pound swings 3x6 supersetted with hip machine 3x10
    Weighted knee tucks 3x6
    Ass to grass hack squat (I have a quad weakness) 3x6

that it

More boring stuff - recovery work.

2 rounds of a barbell complex with 115 pounds
    bench, high pulls, good morning, push press, jump squat - 10 reps each

10x1 power cleans with 160 every minute

2x10 minute run slow speed, trying to clear out some pain in my legs

that it, studying technique, stretching later, tomorrow is a light practice day, monday is classes again.

BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000)
    complex sounds good, nice training dude!

how long have you been training bjj/mma etc for?
    531 for Wrestling: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150559883

52 books challenge: 9
    Currently reading: "I am Legend"

Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    complex sounds good, nice training dude!

how long have you been training bjj/mma etc for?
    Well I did different kinds of karate and kickboxing in my teens, first stepped into an mma gym at 24, in and out since. Thanks... headed to do BJJ in a couple hours.

First episode of strength work: Dynamic effort lower body

I am getting a little more adventurous with DE days as my 4 day week is spread out into 3x week training. I don't get anywhere close to a MAX, but I ramp up the weights a bit.

Started with DE squats, first 3 sets were olympic depth jumps, slowly added weight over 10 sets to 210 and a wide box squat jump at top.
    DE sumo deads on a deficit with small plates also (bar rests on foot) I am slow slow the first 3-4 inches so I did these today and worked up to 232 pounds x1 over 10 sets.
    Sumo stance good mornings. Ramped up to a decent set of 5
    V bar pulldowns started with stack x6, did another set every 45 seconds removing a plate for 4 sets.
    Hack squats with close stance 3x6
    hip abduction 3x10
    EZ bar curls 4x5-8
    leg raises 2x15
    shrugs 2x6-10 (held bar in hands at the end for 10-20 sec, this is my grip work)

On all sets where upper body hypertrophy is concerned i normally only rest 45 sec between sets... maybe up to 2 minutes on lower body depending on number of reps. 9-120 sec on anything below ten

After BJJ I am going to do a kettlebell workout doing different stuff, no real plan, just do maybe 250 reps. or so I will also do some nexk bridges and maybe run an easy 2 miles.
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 01-14-2013 at 08:37 AM.

just been workingon basic jitz past few days... basic body drops, collar chokes, arm locks, bridges... **** like that. I need to go to the classes that aren't as busy so I can roll with some of the more advanced guys.

DId what i planned doing yesterday... today was a recovery sort of day, stayed clean calorie wise and just did a few short circuits and a 10 minute run
    5 power snatch, 400m run, 20 squats....repeated 3 times. Didnt bother resting between. Tomorrow will be a busier day for sho

basic weights:
    Dynamic effort bench may work up to a few fast singles with a medium weight
    low incline bench press 4-5x5-8
    long bar rows 5x8-12
    dips 4-5x
    Lying triceps 5x
    rear delt 3x
    shoulder press 3x
    Upright row 3x

Later: BJJ

Post BJJ:
    10x3 light hip cleans (70% of hang clean weight) a set every minute
    Javorek complex
    Run
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 01-15-2013 at 04:16 PM.

BJJ lastnight consisted of a judo throw, arm lock from guard, escaping side control and some finer details and getting bitched at to come to class more lol...

today is recovery day for upper and lower body

10x10 hip cleans with light weight...around 95 pounds
    5x15 bench with 30% load
    bodyweight abs
    ankle weight leg curls for high reps
    stretching

BJJ

tomorrow
    3x10 bench, 40% load
    max effort leg day: conventional pull with small plates: 5 reps at over 90%
    zercher squats
    good morning variation
    2x10 swings
    2 sets of reps for hypers
    Max effort row
    biceps
    abs
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 01-17-2013 at 05:52 AM.

switched up my workout today...my back has been bothering me so i did low bar wide good mornings instead to hit the hips and hams as my ME move
    then did zerchers to a heavy set of 5
    then strapped on a tight belt and did high rep sumo partials..thsoe hips again 3x10-15 with 250 no straps no fatigue in hands...just for hips and grip, so i dropped hypers and shrugs from today
    max effor t-bar row..5 reps over 90%
    knee tucks with a dumbell 3x8
    machine curls 3 sets (tendonitis)
    100 reps with ankle weights...leg curls, then 50 each leg ext
    one leg calves 3 sets

that it

today im gonna hit nogi and gi class but only to drill technique, my back is a bit tore up. I need to stretch more and do more recovery work after GPP

Everyone is complimenting me on my weight loss now... feels good man
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 01-18-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Its gonna be a **** couple of days i can tell... somehow my close grip went from 300 down to like 270 and i am on a deload week. I must be doing something wrong... I think I am the type of person that really needs more volume in his main lifts to do well. For example...I am training back HARD up to 4x week and I am consistently getting stronger there. So I am going to structure my program to totally **** myself up from now on.

so yeah, deload and i have to travel for two days. so I will hit jits hard wed-sat

deload schedule:

today:
    close grip max: 270 about
    3x10 easy pushdowns
    ab circuit: side bends, waist twists, dumbell knee ins, leg raises
    some calves (I need bigger calves) 3x10

wed
    max effort zercher
    hypers 3x10 no weight
    light rows 3x10 50% effort
    abs

friday
    9x5 bench de
    neck
    abs

saturday 10x2 squats
    hypers 3x10 10 pounds added
    pulldowns 2xfailure
    leg curls 1x100
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 01-21-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Duke Nukem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post
    Just an online place to log my progress.

Currents... weight (we will see in the am)
    Goals...drop to sub 15% bodyfat.

athletic goals... get in better shape for mma, grappling, kickboxing. I have been around martial arts for most of my life, but I have yet to compete professionally... this is the highest goal of mine. I am almost 33 now, while it's not technically OLD, it is knocking on the door of "I wish I did that when I was younger" ... and I don't want to get any older with that ringing in my mind.

I am staying in Brazil now, for a few months. Going to get in some quality training. I will also log that and some other experiences. I would like to compete professionally within the year or very close to it. Then, who knows... It would be nice to inspire people and collect a paycheck doing something I love and feel the most at home doing someday.

hitting the hay on day one of this blog...
    Awesome journal! I am in a similar position to you. I turn 29 in may and really want to have a few amateur boxing bouts before i get " too old ". I ve just started training and will be starting a log next week, feel free to have a look and offer any advice you think will help me out.

Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
    Awesome journal! I am in a similar position to you. I turn 29 in may and really want to have a few amateur boxing bouts before i get " too old ". I ve just started training and will be starting a log next week, feel free to have a look and offer any advice you think will help me out.
    I will check it out.. 29 isn't old, you're not even at your peak yet. Marciano didn't fight till 28, too many people get paranoid about age... sure, i ams tarting going PRO late, but ive been around it forever so if I get a good record I doubt I will have a problem. Put in the performance and let it speak for itself..good luck.

I am thinking I need to switch to something different for strength work. I love westside.. I just am not sure about my results lately as I am raw and I am not sure how it applies to my goals exactly. not sure... I am probably overthinking...

Tomorrow I will do some bodyweight circuits, stretch and practice... deload is done with

Pull ups AMRAP to push ups x 10 to dips x 10 9 sets.
    bodyweight abs: crunches, leg raises

stretch

practice

I was doing some pondering about this...
    mon
    squat max effort 1-3reps, back off 80% 3x3
    good morning..working to a moderate 5 rep
    squat assistance and hypertrophy work
    incline press moderate effort 3x8-10
    abs
    neck
    grip

wed
    bench max work, 3x3
    military max
    squat light 3x3
    bench assist 3-5 sets
    military assist 1-2 sets
    abs
    lats

friday
    deadlift..starting light, adding weight weekly to a max, back down to 60% repeat.
    speed squats
    speed bench
    back,tricep,shoulder, bicep hypertrophy
    abs

Well I got some bad news.... irritated my back again cleaning the house lol... I realized i have to build up the work capacity of my spinal erectors so I am back in action, doin rehab before i hit heavy squat **** again. I wanted to try out my own split, but I dunno...**** it for now...

Today:

Dynamic effort bench 10x3 various grips 40% + band tension
    2 board close grip pause lockouts 3x5 moved from very close to normal close grip.
    Stretch incline dumbell presses: kept hands facing and really went low, felt the stretch then press 2x10-6
    Pushdowns 2x8,6
    Facepulls 4x10
    military on machine 2x5 (remember my back hurts)
    rear neck with rope in mouth 2x15 easy with 45 pounds

rehab
    pelvic tilts, 3x20 reps
    lying knee rotation 3x10ea
    bridge and hold: 3 sets
    hamstring stretch 3x one minute holds
    hip stretch 3x one minute holds

gonna review some technique and study portuguese today as well..

may have to sit on the sidelines taking notes nextweek

Yesterday and today

Max incline press + 4 singles at 90% close grip
    one and a quarter bench 2 sets normal, 1 set close x 6 reps
    facepulls 3x10

and today

MOBILITY BABY... I am happy because my back really feels kinda ok for the first time in a week... I did some manual traction moves and damn did it help

using a traditional hyper i hung off the end to stretch my spine 30 seconds stretch, 30 relaxed - 3 sets
    Pelvic tilts 3x10, bridges 3x10, reverse hypers 3x10, cable crunches, crunches on mat, easy planks with hand walks forward and back..
    got on the hyper again and did various traction moves, stretches, relaxes to the sides and front, got on a swiss ball and stretched spine, hammie and hip stretches... then did some shoulder dislocations and went home. Feels good man.

2nd rehab session focusing on strength a bit... Gonna have to hit strength rehab2-3x week and stretch daily until my lower back catches up...

hypers 3x10 with 2 second pause focusing on flexing and contracting spine (put pad on the pad to make a bigger curved surface and didnt flex too low with hips, this caused pain anyways))
    reverse hypers 3x15, pause at top.
    hip machine 3x10, contracting ass
    pause crunches supersetted with lying leg rotations 2x20, 2x10... spine cracked so good,
    leg curls with light weight 3x8
    sissy squats 2x10
    inverted rows 2x10

home to eat

I have had some ideas as far as balancing out my strength... I really need to have lumbars, hips the focus of my leg routine now. bridges between benches, maybe when i totally heal fat bar zercher holds or wearing a belt trying to round and contract soley the upper spine with lighter weights... for upper back endurance, different types of rotations and hyper bench work.

Wink

More lazy posting by me but today is a full day...

Cleaning the body a bit hittin some agua, relaxing then headed out...

Gym
    close grip max
    1 and 1/4 rep bench wide and close grip - 4 sets - assistance lift

Prehab, rehab
    Rotator cuff and my back rehab
    Traction, hyper extensions, pelvic tilts. stretches, crunches, leg rotations,

All lifting done with a belt for now ***
    Pec flyes - low rest focusing on peak contraction. 30 reps or so total
    Tricep death: Pushdowns and dumbell extensions - 100+ reps total
    Mixed pulldowns 3 sets switching from weakest to strongest grip rest pause style.
    face pulls - 5 sets 8-10 reps focusing on form, not failure
    side raises 3 sets
    front raises - 2-3 sets

in the future my schedule will be done as follows as I just had the brilliant realization that I should have done it this way before lol...

Main lift and assistance lift -a
    light prehab or rehab - b
    GPP and conditioning -c
    bodybuilding and other acessorry work -d

Going to BJJ later on to take notes until back heals this is my deal
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 02-13-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Well, spent the night at jits, going over basics...

today is just a rehab day
    traction on a hyper bench
    various stretches on a ball and on the floor
    bridges ... got a full gymnastic bridge today it was awesome... back is getting better.

later just LIGHT GPP (I dont wanna tax my recovery yet)
    3 push ups every 10-20 seconds for 10 minutes
    1-3 squats every 5-10 seconds for 10 minutes
    band rows for 3 minutes
    band shoulder raises... all light
    band chest press... very light
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 02-15-2013 at 03:38 PM.

GLutes of peace...lately i realized just how important they were, recovering from my injury which is 90% now...

Hip thrusts 5 x 10 man i am bad at these... only 70 pounds
    hyper extensions 3x10, just went easy
    cable crunches 3x15
    hammy stretch and that concludes strength rehab
    then just some pulldowns 6 sets various grips
    finished with some horizontal shrugs 3x8

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU - K the IOC

Just back from my strength training deal... feeling good as ****, I decided to up the volume today some as Im not doing musch else with my body...

STanding press to a moderate 3: just 160 it was kind of a warm up
    6x3 explosive bench... worked up every set with a heavy band
    7x3-5 close grip partials with a squat pad and a band.. got 180 + band x 3 last set very close grip
    face pulls 3x8
    wide grip static contraction rows... reversing the bench motion and a moderate weight just rowed in and squeezed the hell out of my back 3x10
    Leverage press 2x8-10
    incline push ups 3 sets between bars
    machine curls 3 sets low rest
    plate curls 1x30
    rear neck 2x15 with 52 pounds
    pinch grip with 2 - 22 pound plates 5 sets low rest
    behind the neck press - seated 170 -- 2x8 moderate effort here, range of motion work.
    rope pushdowns 1x8 w/100, 2x10 w/88 leaning forward

stretching the spine A LOT later... some bodyweight abs and a push up circuit of doom... 3 push ups every 15 seconds for 20 minutes: 240, I am going to try to get to 500 in 20 minutes...

I am going to do a lot of studying for wrestling technique also... why the post title..**** them seriously
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 02-16-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Max effort upper body and BJJ day

Max banded bench 250 + heavy bands then dropped the bands and did 275 for a few singles easy supersetted with rear delt machine and then wide pause rows 3 sets of each of those.
    2 board bench 3x3-5
    leverage bench press 2x 10-6/ 100kg/220
    overhead ext 2x5-8
    wide upright rows 2x6
    band pull aparts 3
    subscap rows 2x

BJJ at 5:30, gettin my new blue Koral gi today

HIt some guard passing drills and two side chokes while stuck ion half guard... some sneaky ass ****

Well I decided that over the next month or so that I will stay away from heavy compound lifts on legs involving the lower back... but i will ease into 70% effort deadlifts and do speed work while doing more ridiculous things for leg strength max days untill I feel my lower back has come into balance and i wont get hurt again... also my upper body days pulling will specifically focus on rear delt strength, mid back size and scapular health... on leg days i will do more lat oriented exercises. I need to bring everything into balance and this was a good idea...

Rest/study day, BJJ, leg day tomorrow both non gi and gi

Tomorrow:
    Max leg press.. yeah i know
    hypers 7 sets
    standing abs
    - crunches
    -twists
    pulldowns - 6 sets
    neck - rear and sides

Its timmmmeee

Well today will be an interesting day... I am forced inside by massive amounts of torrential rain here in SP BRAZILLL... serious, have you ever seen a major city flooded? Its wild.. I had to walk home in 2 feet of water once and its not clean water either... DID a nice session of strength training, no BJJ today... once a month my trainer does volunteer work with some poor people here. So just S/c and watching fights... tomorrow is gonna be a stretching and prehab/deep tissue massage sort of day.

Who you all got for the fights tonight? I really hope hendo drills a hole in machida's face...

Well onto todays deal.
    Dynamic effort upper body
    Walked nice and slowto gym and got to speed bench... I kept it very dense, no bands, added weight per set every minute or less to a 260x2 double, now its time to back down again. I will run 3 weeks of 5's then hit a max 3-5, reset with 3's again. Speed bench, I basically consider it failed when I cant do the positive in under one second.
    After that I did
    Military... just hit a moderate 3 with 86 kilograms.
    Lateral shrugs (workin that romboid and mid traps) 3x10 all paused
    Leverage chest press 12,8 with 106 kilos then 110 for 5
    Face pulls focusing on ext rotation 3x10
    Rear delt raises 3x10
    CUrls 2x, reverse curls 2x, band hammer curls...statics 2x
    internal rotations 3x10
    cable crunches 3x10-15

and done. Today is a higher calorie day... recovery mode. Gonna eat about a pound and a half of lean-ish steak

My training will be a little more dense as far as assistance..lower reps, more weight... then I will cycle back to higher reps later..maybe in another 4 weeks

Youw ill notice that I will be doing a ton of scapula stabilization and rotator strengthening. I dont really see anyone doing this. during the week I will be doing all of these, spread out over all 4 workouts... I will probably run cycles, build up volume for 3 weeks, then down again in waves. seems to be the best way to adjust volume.

Light pull overs, to stretch the shoulder a bit
    band pulldowns
    dumbell and band external rotations
    internal rotations with a band or cable
    push up pluses
    face pulls
    supraspinatus raises
    dislocations 2-3x week
    and a ****load of rear delt

2 or 3 of these every workout except for friday when i only do the band pulldowns
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 02-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.