friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How many carbs knocks you outa ketosis?

On the average - how many carbs will knock an average individual out of ketosis. Just want to know.

Just for knowing - like if one day I accidentally get hidden carbs in via something. Like are you out keto if you go above 30g a day - or is that just a daily guideline to keep you safely in keto?

Thanks guys

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by friedrice683 View Post
    On the average - how many carbs will knock an average individual out of ketosis. Just want to know.

Just for knowing - like if one day I accidentally get hidden carbs in via something. Like are you out keto if you go above 30g a day - or is that just a daily guideline to keep you safely in keto?

Thanks guys
    depends how how much anaerobic activity you do on the day you go over

unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000) unkept_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Test waters, that's pretty much it.

I used to freak out if I had more than 25g a day, but I found after testing waters, around 50g is my maximum threshold, spread out carbs of course .

Also depends on bodyweight, muscle, metabolism, exercise, activity, and several other factors, so one size does not fit all.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Totally depends.

If you are doing lots of activity, you can eat a fair bit of carbs and not be affected. If you are watching tv, then only a few could make the difference. Also, the type can make a difference too. It would take a lot of broccoli carbs to knock you out, but chicken wings with a sugary coating could do it very easily.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Registered User RockySavagewolf's Avatar
    RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok let's say I burned 904 calories on the elliptical this morning. How many carbs can I eat and not even come close to knocking myself out of ketosis?

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RockySavagewolf View Post
    ok let's say I burned 904 calories on the elliptical this morning. How many carbs can I eat and not even come close to knocking myself out of ketosis?
    You don't take carbs after cardio.

For most people, about 100 grams is the general carb requirement for the body to support the brain and internal organs. After you are fat adapted, it will drop to 70 grams or so.

A significant portion of these carbs can and will be converted from glycerol and protein which is part of the reason that for most people the general rx is for them to start with 30 grams or less a day from dietary sources. It insures that even a couch potato will obtain a hormonal profile that supports fat/weight loss and eventually enter ketosis, which by the way is a side effect not a primary determinant for fatloss.

For those who are active, the 30 grams can be exceeded and even should when you consider the use of peri-workout nutrition. The normal rx is about 15-30 grams PWO if you decide to use them. I will rx pre-workout carbs as well. 5-15 grams with whey or BCAA's will get you somewhere in the ballpark.

What is safe? If you want a rx to calculate from use 5 grams of carbs per 2 WORK sets assuming you are using 6-12 reps per set. This amount should allow you to maintain performance levels and help with recovery but still let you lose fat/weight. Just make sure you start on the low end of the calculation and prove you need more before adding.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    You don't take carbs after cardio.

For most people, about 100 grams is the general carb requirement for the body to support the brain and internal organs. After you are fat adapted, it will drop to 70 grams or so.

A significant portion of these carbs can and will be converted from glycerol and protein which is part of the reason that for most people the general rx is for them to start with 30 grams or less a day from dietary sources. It insures that even a couch potato will obtain a hormonal profile that supports fat/weight loss and eventually enter ketosis, which by the way is a side effect not a primary determinant for fatloss.

For those who are active, the 30 grams can be exceeded and even should when you consider the use of peri-workout nutrition. The normal rx is about 15-30 grams PWO if you decide to use them. I will rx pre-workout carbs as well. 5-15 grams with whey or BCAA's will get you somewhere in the ballpark.

What is safe? If you want a rx to calculate from use 5 grams of carbs per 2 WORK sets assuming you are using 6-12 reps per set. This amount should allow you to maintain performance levels and help with recovery but still let you lose fat/weight. Just make sure you start on the low end of the calculation and prove you need more before adding.
    All of this.

Plus you didn't really burn 904 calories on an elliptical machine.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those machines are lying bastards. The machines which show the highest calorie burn get used most often, and replaced most often, so all of them now slow silly calories burned.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

DenaliEast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there, I've been lurking this site off and on for a couple years, recently joined and this is admittedly my first post... still not sure how to figure out "which diet for me" (because of all the competing and conflicting info out there without being a licensed nutritionist I am spinning in circles) but I'm getting pretty close to defaulting to keto; how did you calculate carbs functional /workout? Can you pour me in the direction of literature to figure that out? Or a good diet resource that is reliable and helps me figure out which one is right for me? Kinda worried that if i go full keto it'll kill me at the gym and murder my motivation in the cradle.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DenaliEast View Post
    Hi there, I've been lurking this site off and on for a couple years, recently joined and this is admittedly my first post... still not sure how to figure out "which diet for me" (because of all the competing and conflicting info out there without being a licensed nutritionist I am spinning in circles) but I'm getting pretty close to defaulting to keto
    Why?
    ; how did you calculate carbs functional /workout? Can you pour me in the direction of literature to figure that out? Or a good diet resource that is reliable and helps me figure out which one is right for me? Kinda worried that if i go full keto it'll kill me at the gym and murder my motivation in the cradle.
    If you want to try keto you should keep your net carbs below ~30 grams per day.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

matt11390 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    All of this.

Plus you didn't really burn 904 calories on an elliptical machine.
    True the machines lie but if the OP is wearing a heart rate monitor 904 can be close to accurate

Democrats are terrorists cncman's Avatar
    cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    3 guinness beers did not knock me out of keto

Registered User chriscarvalho89's Avatar
    chriscarvalho89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by friedrice683 View Post

Thanks guys
    It depends from individual to individual but the general rule is 50 grams of net carbs or less per day. I have heard of some people that can have 75-100 grams of net carbs per day and still remain in ketosis. However, i personally am more cautious so when i do keto, i aim for below 25 grams of net carbs a day that way if i have a few extra grams from sauces i don't have to worry about if i messed up. occasionally i end up at 5-10 grams of net carbs anyway. The goal should always be to get as close to zero as possible on keto. Why chance it?
    No advertising in sig line