BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000) BamaSwim is just really nice. (+1000)

Need help! Post-******** weight/fat gain & no more gym membership

A few months ago I stopped my prescription on ******** 30mg XR daily. Before taking ********, I was roughy 139-142 lbs, muscle and fat, at 5'8" (Started last September)

The lowest weight I unwillingly and subconsciously reached on ******** this winter was about 121
    Lbs (BAD) with both muscle and fat loss.

I realized how bad ******** was for my body a few months ago and I stopped. Right now, I'm about 132-134 lbs and extremely unhappy. My body is completely out of shape and tone and it depresses me on a daily basis when I think about what I COULD look like and should at my age ( I'm 18)

Anyways, I need some guidance so I know what to do exactly. Loose tips or advice isnt really going to help me I need some strict guidelines or specific routines that I can do besides a diet. That's where the other part comes in, I don't have a gym membership anymore and won't until this August. Everything I do to lose weight will have to be done outside or in the house, so I also need some workouts I can do without a gym or that equipment.

My overall goal for as soon as I can possibly achieve it is to lose FAT, and gain lean muscle and look toned. If I can do this, I won't be concerned about the numbrr on the scale as much as how my body looks in the mirror. I just want to look healthy and athletic and toned/tight instead of how I am now.

Any help is very much appreciated!
    Flyers ~ Phillies ~ Eagles

Alabama Crimson Tide
    *Roll Tide Roll*

fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fit4aprincess is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im not a professional and have no proper education, so i can't guarantee my advice is 100% correct or that it is the best. But here is what I have to say from my own personal experiences

about your ******** usage(this is off topic, but it might help in a mental sense) :
    I was on ******** and had dropped down to a sickening weight. i am 5'4, and i used to be under 105 pounds! with barely any muscle, i looked emaciated. It was not good. I got off ******** and switched to vyvanse, and I gained weight but not too much. I got to a healthy weight, and just made the attempt to stay active. Perhaps you should talk to your doctor about switching to a different medicine for ADHD/ADD (I assume thats why you used ********.. could be wrong though haha), which might help you feel better (i know that my ADD makes me unmotivated, unable to concentrate, and rather depressed when I'm not being treated.) However, you shouldn't rely on a stimulant to make you lose weight.. its not healthy and most of the weightless comes from a calorie deficit caused by your suppressed appetite. and in my own experience, that deficit = starvation. which is never good

diet wise:
    i can't say much, because i have no proper education. I try to limit carbohydrates, eat lean meats, and chose fresh foods whenever possible (it just makes me feel better and my energy better)

exercise:
    you don't need a gym membership to get in shape! there is plenty you can do at home. if you're looking to gain muscle, your best bet is to work on that first, before you reduce your caloric intake. I have found it extremely difficult to gain muscle when i eat at a calorie deficit. So eat a bit above maintenance, and focus on strength and muscle building at first. here are easy things you can do at home-

--Planks!
    right side plank, left side plank, and center plank. 3 times for each 3 side. a total of 9 planks. start at 30s a side, and work towards getting to 1 minute. you should look up proper form though, because you never want to do an exercise the wrong way or else you risk injuring yourself.
    --Push Ups!
    you can do girl pushups if you need to, your goal is to make YOURSELF stronger. you're not competing with anyone but the person you were yesterday. really, that needs to be your mantra because it will allow you to push yourself, see the changes, stay safe, and be proud of your progress.
    i recommend starting with 3 sets of 10 pushups. But DO THEM WITH PROPER FORM! butt squeezed n down, back flat, etc. you can look this up on youtube/google, plenty of videos to teach you.
    --squats/lunges
    again, basic, but can be done in your backyard, driveway, street (watch for cars haha), etc.
    --russian twists
    work obliques/abs, and you can really feel them working when your form is good. if you find that your own body weight isn't challenging enough, hold a medicine ball or a weight. i usually do 3 sets of 25. but do whatever you're comfortable with and work your way up! better to go slow and steady than rush and hurt yourself
    --hollow holds & v ups
    i love these. i do this in a "pyramid" form. so i hold a hollow hold 2 s, 2 v ups, hold hollow 4 s, 4 v ups, hold hollow 6 s, 6 v ups, do this all the way to 10, then go down 8, 6, 4, 2, 0.
    --calf raises
    do you have a porch? stairs? a surface higher than ground level? step on it. let your heels hang off a bit, and do the calf raises. works best against a wall, but either way: it does its job.
    --dips
    find a stable chair. do dips on it. it works, I've tried and resorted to this many times haha

there are plenty of others you can do at home, these are just some of my basic favorites. take a rest day, and a cheat day. you need it, trust me. for me, it not only allows me to enjoy my favorites, but it gives me motivation to workout that week.

when you're trying to gain muscle, limit cardio. ALWAYS warm up, i usually jog/walk for 10 minutes, do 25 jumping jacks, do a light stretch, and then get started with strength training. personally, when I'm trying to gain muscle I do cardio twice a week. and only 20 minutes each time, I just go for a an easy run or walk uphill on the treadmill, 15% incline and 3.8mph.
    **when gaining muscle, try to up your intake of protein. its vital to muscle recovery, and it will be your best friend in terms of gaining that muscle mass. I'm not a professional, so I am not comfortable making a statement on how much protein you need, cause i have no idea. I only know what works best for me, and that was learned through trial and error. of course, there are others on the forums who are going to be a lot more helpful that i will be in that sense.

fat loss:
    when you have gained some muscle mass, it might be a good idea to start trying to lose the fat that is covering those muscles. thats what i do. when I try to lose fat, i start adding cardio, lowering my caloric intake to 100-200 below maintenance, but continue with strength. Personally, I do cardio 5 days a week, 2 of which are lower intensity, 2 are HIIT, and 1 is what i like to call "alternative cardio." for lower intensity, you can go outside, and just run/jog/walk/skip/crawl/whatever. just get your heart rate a bit faster than normal, and go for about a half hour. for HIIT, i have to ways. my first is a run. I go jog for 1 min, sprint for 45s, walk for 15s, repeat. I continue this for about 20min. the other, is more fun in my opinion. I jump rope at a slower pace for 1 min, then really hard and fast for 30 s, and repeat for 20-25 min. for the alternative, I turn on music, and dance my heart out for a half hour. its fun, you can do it with friends, and its easy. I always do a 5 min warm up walk/jog + light stretch, and a 5 min cool down walk + stretch. before I cool down, I do my strength routine. Personally, I do upper body monday alternative(its monday, i need something to brighten the day!), lower body tuesday HIIT, upper wednesday light cardio, lower thursday light cardio, HIIT only friday, full body strength (no cardio) saturday, and rest on sunday. I have read that is bad to work the same group of muscles too often, so I think you should research that to avoid a possible injury.

if you don't like to run, or you're not looking for a total transformation, you can make small changes in your life that will add up to a big difference. opt to walk instead of driving, ride your bike, roller blade, go for nightly walks with friends, etc. Be conscious of your diet, and enjoy yourself! I am 17, and I have never been happier than I am now that I have made fitness part of my life, but in no way do I let it interfere with my life. You're 18, you don't need to be worrying about your body and ruining each day wishing it would change. You're finally an adult, and the possibilities are endless-- go out and do what you enjoy while making the fitness lifestyle a positive challenge. one final note-- don't turn to some crazy fad diet hoping that you will see instant results. You will be even more miserable if you try and take the unhealthy route, and you will be SO much more proud of yourself if you do this through hard work. Just stay focused and believe it, and don't give up! If you have a bad day and don't workout or eat poorly, use it as motivation the next day. It takes time but it is well worth the wait. I hope that I have answered your questions and been helpful to you! Best of luck to you and your fitness journey!

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    [QUOTE=BamaSwim;886309391]

Anyways, I need some guidance so I know what to do exactly. Loose tips or advice isnt really going to help me I need some strict guidelines or specific routines that I can do besides a diet.

[QUOTE]

I gotta wonder why you even came here. No one is going to give you a tailored specific guideline or routine. Most of us make a living doing this and we dont generally give tailored routines and strict diet plans to people who are not willing to pay us for the time and effort it takes to do so.

Now advice, we do give.

Start with your diet, see the stickies in the nutrition section on calculating calories. It wont mater how you are training unless your diet is on point.

Then you want to find a good lifiting routine, and no you dont need a gym to "workout". Plenty of things you can do with little to no equipment.

But sorry, no one on here is going to write you a specific program and diet tailored for you. That is not what this site is about. Do some research, spend some time reading, if you have questions or get confused then ask. But we are not going to hand you all the answers wrapped in a pretty little bow. You have to do some work yourself.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you get off any drugs in general, your body needs some time to adjust. You are only 18, so you will bounce back in no time! You lose your appetite on adderral big time, so you were probably undereating for a while. Go to a nutritional sticky here and figure out what your maintenance is. I would stay there for a while, let your body and your mind stabilize. Pick a program and stay with it. You will gain in the beginning, it is your body getting the nutrients that it was lacking. It is totally normal. I would stay at maint for a while and then re-evaluate. Maybe bulking will be good for you, maybe you will decide to do it slowly or maybe more agressivelly.

Congrads on making changes now. Trust me, it is much harder when you are older and your body is dependent on substances. You will look and feel amazing!