Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000)

*** The Official Misc Domain Name Thread ***

OK brahs, after the interest in my old thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=144625321) and loads of requests, I've spent pretty much all weekend writing up a 2.5k word introduction to domain names, and how to make money from them in general, plus giving you a list of all the tools you need to make money.

Read it here: http://domainfill.com/introduction-to-domaining/
    And all the sites you'll ever need: http://domainfill.com/recommended-domain-resources/

CLIFFS:

- Buy good domain names
    - Sell at higher price
    - ???
    - PROFIT

Any questions, fire away. If it is clear that some things are missing (and not just a specific question), then I will update it. The plan is to write long blog posts on specific aspects if it is clear there are confusing parts, etc.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

p.s. Would be good to see names that people register / sell to keep this thread interesting and alive. Quote the name in your post so that it isn't indexed by Google and let us all tell you what we think...
    Last edited by _gnasher_; 05-20-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added recommended resources
    Bodybuilding is like Fight Club...I was on a plane, sitting in my seat at the back. I looked up and saw a guy get on...big guy. I knew he lifted. I knew he ate oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast. He looked at me. He knew I lifted. He knew I had a protein shake before bed. We didn't say one word ('cause he was at the front and I was in the back), but I knew...and he knew. Now that's some cool, Fight Club type ****. Bodybuilding is the best thing since sliced bread...whole grain bread that is.

khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000) khasp is just really nice. (+1000)
    in.

_gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000) _gnasher_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    A few domains I've registered this week:

CollegeUpload.com
    ChameleonBreeders.com
    PictureHamster.com
    LanguageButton.com
    InternshipTalk.com
    ChaletSkiHolidays.com
    ManchesterUnit.com
    KissShirt.com
    FoodFriday.com
    CanadaWanted.com
    OrangeJumpers.com
    JobWarning.com
    FootballMasks.com
    Bodybuilding is like Fight Club...I was on a plane, sitting in my seat at the back. I looked up and saw a guy get on...big guy. I knew he lifted. I knew he ate oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast. He looked at me. He knew I lifted. He knew I had a protein shake before bed. We didn't say one word ('cause he was at the front and I was in the back), but I knew...and he knew. Now that's some cool, Fight Club type ****. Bodybuilding is the best thing since sliced bread...whole grain bread that is.

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting thread, subbed.

The only domain name I have is mynamefitness
    Misc Cologne Crew

1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    spot for sale pm me for rates

likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what about "readytorumble.com"? would that be a good one? Its up for auction.

Originally Posted by likeawashboard View Post
    what about "readytorumble.com"? would that be a good one? Its up for auction.
    I like it brah (srs)

likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by _gnasher_ View Post
    I like it brah (srs)
    Cool. And you know on that godaddy site, are the ones available owned by anyone?? And then it says there are premium ones as well going for thousands, are they owned by sellers? Or are the available ones not owned by anyone, I'm completely new to this and dont understand why some available names are so expensive if they are in fact available. I have a few good names so far,

Will rep endlessly for help OP lolz

porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) porsche11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats up man, thought you gave up on this good to see your back. Domainfill was very informative thanks. Whats your view on SedoMLS?? Worth it or no? I have my domains parked on sedo but they only go on auction if someone finds it and makes an offer. What about afternic or namepros for auction? Thanks!

Cool. And you know on that godaddy site, are the ones available owned by anyone?? And then it says there are premium ones as well going for thousands, are they owned by sellers? Or are the available ones not owned by anyone, I'm completely new to this and dont understand why some available names are so expensive if they are in fact available. I have a few good names so far,

Available aren't owned by anyone, hence why it is only $7.

Premium, however, are (and why they're like $1k).

Srs ReadytoRumble would be worth $xxx

Hey brah, thanks for the positive feedback - will add more stuff to it if people want, etc. Have been so busy with my day job that domains were put to the side for a couple of weeks, now back to it though!

Absolutely use SedoMLS. Basically, you want to have as much exposure for your domain as possible. If you register names with GoDaddy you can get more exposure as well by listing them as 'premium' (it's free to use).

I tend to stay away from auctions completely, ever since I sold a name for $300 in an auction on Sedo and afterwards I found out the buyer was a multinational corporation (ffffuuuuuu).

Available aren't owned by anyone, hence why it is only $7.

Premium, however, are (and why they're like $1k).

Srs ReadytoRumble would be worth $xxx
    Thanks man.

So it says I can add it to backorder, until it becomes available.

I'm just registering now, will just use ,my full name as the company name?

Appreciate your help bro, repped

Thanks man.

So it says I can add it to backorder, until it becomes available.

I'm just registering now, will just use ,my full name as the company name?

Appreciate your help bro, repped
    Don't backorder (it's a scam srs).

Only register if it's available to register now

Don't forget to look at the recommended resources page -- it shows you a link to Namepros where there are discount codes for you brah!

I would use a shortened first name so that people can't google you.

Don't backorder (it's a scam srs).

Only register if it's available to register now

Don't forget to look at the recommended resources page -- it shows you a link to Namepros where there are discount codes for you brah!

I would use a shortened first name so that people can't google you.
    Hows it a scam?

Ok awesome, thank you for all your help, will rep again when I can.

Hows it a scam?

Ok awesome, thank you for all your help, will rep again when I can.
    Because you pay $18 and then you never get the name! There's a whole process in between when a domain name expires and when it becomes available to register again, when people will buy it ahead of someone who backorders (it's called drop-catching).

Thanks for the reps brah - repped back.

Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Interesting thread, subbed.

The only domain name I have is mynamefitness
    If it's a common name then that's actually a very good domain to own brah - a lot of people setting up independent fitness companies.

Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on this.

I have a collection of primarily blogging and small business related domains that I've acquired over the last couple years... doing me nothing but sitting there at 9$ a year.
    - You have a scar on your left knee.
    ಠ_ಠ

Originally Posted by Interact View Post
    In on this.

I have a collection of primarily blogging and small business related domains that I've acquired over the last couple years... doing me nothing but sitting there at 9$ a year.
    Have a read brah -- at the very least park them. Will take you 10 mins max and costs you nothing!

Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000) Interact is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have a read brah -- at the very least park them. Will take you 10 mins max and costs you nothing!
    true dat. The registrar I use doesn't have ad parking though. And years ago Google banned me from Adwords/sense due to foolishness on my part double-checking click effects.. (stupid on my part, but dumb of Google to not detect it's me, like they do already on Analytics. Ah well)

My newest domains ar
    • BrutalExercise.com
    • ExerciseSmartly.com

The problem is once I get on a domain kick (part time SEO/Web Designer here) I come up with so many good ones I can't buy them all, ya know?

Reading your resource articles. Some good stuff I didn't know. Measly reps brah. Thanks!

btw Name.com has a promo now "fortune" gets you $.50 off each domain registration.
    ಠ_ಠ

Originally Posted by Interact View Post
    true dat. The registrar I use doesn't have ad parking though. And years ago Google banned me from Adwords/sense due to foolishness on my part double-checking click effects.. (stupid on my part, but dumb of Google to not detect it's me, like they do already on Analytics. Ah well)

My newest domains ar
    • BrutalExercise.com
    • ExerciseSmartly.com

The problem is once I get on a domain kick (part time SEO/Web Designer here) I come up with so many good ones I can't buy them all, ya know?

Reading your resource articles. Some good stuff I didn't know. Measly reps brah. Thanks!

btw Name.com has a promo now "fortune" gets you $.50 off each domain registration.
    No problems brah.

For info, you don't need your registrar to have domain parking! Read the recommended resources page - sign up with whichever one of those you want, and then you forward your domains (from your registrar) to the parking company and make $. (all the parking companies have in-depth instructions!)

No problems brah.

For info, you don't need your registrar to have domain parking! Read the recommended resources page - sign up with whichever one of those you want, and then you forward your domains (from your registrar) to the parking company and make $. (all the parking companies have in-depth instructions!)
    Cool enough will do. Thx man!
    ಠ_ಠ

av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000)
    In!!!

Here to help anyone who's looking to get into domaining

Some resources I recommend:

Registrar: UnitedDomains.com for gTLD's (.com/.net/.org, etc), Marcaria.com for country-code top level domains (ccTLD)

Forums: DNForum.com, NamePros.com

Marketplaces - Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy Auctions

Broker/Domain Experts (for premium names): Toby Clements, Adam Dicker, Rick Schwartz

Various useful tools:

-Sales History - DNJournal.com, DNSalePrice.com
    -Whois lookup - DomainTools.com
    -Interviews/Knowledge - DomainSherpa.com
    -Finding domain names (potential buyers) similar to yours - ZFBot.com, RefLeads.com
    -Keyword Strength - Google Adwords Keyword Tool, SEMRush.com
    -Domain Parking Programs - Voodoo.com, Bodis.com
    -Drop-catching - NameJet.com

Most of this post is mentioned in OP's well written articles, however, so take a look at both
    Last edited by av1atic; 05-20-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    please respond

mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mbroeckert is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is there any way to find out the most common misspellings of popular sites to try to catch some typo traffic and do a 301 redirect to a site?
    Get 25% off a Hostgator Website Hosting Plan w/ Coupon "MISC25PERCENT"

Rep back 200+, leave link

rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbb1986 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it ok to park a domain while the website is under construction? So spend a few months building on PC, then 'unpark' and publish the full site?

Originally Posted by mbroeckert View Post
    Is there any way to find out the most common misspellings of popular sites to try to catch some typo traffic and do a 301 redirect to a site?
    DomainTools have a similar tool. Otherwise, there is software that does it.

Originally Posted by rbb1986 View Post
    Is it ok to park a domain while the website is under construction? So spend a few months building on PC, then 'unpark' and publish the full site?
    Absolutely fine, actually advisable - I do exactly that with sites I develop!

joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100) joe447 is not very well liked. (-100)
    innnnn
    Tiktok-johnsmith8603

Height: 5'7" Bodytype: Endo/Meso Currently:cutting
    Current Weight : 190 Goal- get my BJJ purple belt

Originally Posted by mbroeckert View Post
    The most spelling errors come from people typing too fast. In cases like this, they either hit keys that are close by the one they want or they hit one key twice.

I've found a couple good domains this way. It takes times to do it yourself though. But, if you're starting in this business it's better than paying for a service right off the bat.
    ಠ_ಠ

drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000) drum_muscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    i own drumsurplus.com not sure to sell it or what to do with it.

also own dietnfitness.com

Originally Posted by av1atic View Post
    In!!!

Here to help anyone who's looking to get into domaining

Some resources I recommend:

Registrar: UnitedDomains.com for gTLD's (.com/.net/.org, etc), Marcaria.com for country-code top level domains (ccTLD)

Forums: DNForum.com, NamePros.com

Marketplaces - Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy Auctions

Broker/Domain Experts (for premium names): Toby Clements, Adam Dicker, Rick Schwartz

Various useful tools:

-Sales History - DNJournal.com, DNSalePrice.com
    -Whois lookup - DomainTools.com
    -Interviews/Knowledge - DomainSherpa.com
    -Finding domain names (potential buyers) similar to yours - ZFBot.com, RefLeads.com
    -Keyword Strength - Google Adwords Keyword Tool, SEMRush.com
    -Domain Parking Programs - Voodoo.com, Bodis.com
    -Drop-catching - NameJet.com

Most of this post is mentioned in OP's well written articles, however, so take a look at both
    Repped - good job brah!

av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000) av1atic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Repped - good job brah!
    Thanks brah, got you on recharge. Spending my Sunday afternoon getting hundreds of drafts ready to email out to end-users this week. finding good leads=feelsgoodman
    please respond