Spartan2118 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stoppani's 12 Week Shortcut to Size Program

I'm about to begin this work out program and wanted to hear some reviews from others who have either already done it or already doing it before I begin. I'm not new to working out nor am I am beginner when it comes to supplements or exercises, just wanted a program already put together due to lack of time to put together my own.

crzycat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont do his exact workout but something very similar, which has made decent gains

week 1 i do reps of 12 (size)
    week 2 i do reps of 9 (strength and size)
    week 3 i do reps of 6 (strength)

first 3 weeks ill do 4 sec positives and 4 sec negatives
    second 3 weeks ill do 2 sec positives and 2 sec negatives

It keeps my body confused, growing and getting stronger, and changing the speed helps with working different fibers
    Last edited by crzycat; 05-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.

I'd Rather be Lifting... STL_Lift's Avatar
    STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crzycat View Post
    i dont do his exact workout but something very similar, which has made decent gains

It keeps my body confused, growing and getting stronger, and changing the speed helps with working different fibers
    Do you do fullbody workouts? Or 4 day splits?
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 198lbs

HST FTW

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crzycat View Post

lol you don't need to confuse your body. All you need is progressive overload and enough calories.

I'd Rather be Lifting... STL_Lift's Avatar
    STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It’s not really about “confusion”… working progressive load into various rep ranges allows you to get the best of both worlds. Higher reps for hypertrophy (starting at 60% of max with progression) and lower reps for strength, (80-95% of max with progression).

My last routine was 3 full body per week, alternating “hypertrophy days” with “strength days”. Hypertrophy days would be 4 x 10 with 45 seconds TUT, and strength would be 5 x 5 with a much faster tempo. All with progression of course (upping the weight every workout), and taking 10 days off after 6 weeks.

I like the idea of the micro-cycles. Doing the same rep range and same weight per week, then upping every week for the month, then starting again with an overall progression. But I don’t like a 4 day split, my body still responds best to full body.
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 198lbs

HST FTW