BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Will I be a good DE, LB, or RB?

I'm 16 years old, junior
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 175
    Bench: 225lb 3x5
    Squat: 255lb 3x5
    Deadlifts: 345 1x5
    Military Press: 125lb 3x5

I have long arms, I was born with really big and strong legs. What position would I be best at?

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well I don't play football but if your looking to play at the next level then DE and LB are out of the question because of height so I'm thinking running back, how fast are you?
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.

BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BornAChampion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thenewguy23 View Post
    Well I don't play football but if your looking to play at the next level then DE and LB are out of the question because of height so I'm thinking running back, how fast are you?
    I'm not sure. I've never had a 40 timed. Football starts in August, so I might get a bit taller. I put up my height/weight so you knew my body type.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He is 16 years old - has a lot of growing to do still probably.

SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SixStarPro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BornAChampion View Post
    I'm 16 years old, junior

I have long arms, I was born with really big and strong legs. What position would I be best at?
    BAC, have you played football before? If so, what positions have you played? What position do you want to play? What's your football IQ? That will dictate a lot. Obviously, a lot of questions to answer before you can pigeon hole a position for yourself.

That said, having long arms certainly helps for both DE & LB but you still need to grow into those positions. Ultimately, coach will decide where you play so get familiar with all positions!

Luke -
    Team Six Star
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Rep

SixStarProNutrition.com | ********.com/SixStarNutrition | @SixStarPro | YouTube.com/SixStarNutrition

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Kid play what ever position you want to play. Your coach may change it if he see's you have a skill set that fits somethign else. Don't worry about the next level many people don't play the same position that they played in high school.Enjoy the game and play what ever you want.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm 16 years old, junior

Your numbers don't determine what position you should play nor how good you will be at a specific position. You don't play your games on paper. You play them on the field. And everything you just listed means nothing on the field. It's all about how you play, your intelligence and determination.

Play the position that you enjoy the most and play the position that you think you will do the best in.

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Your numbers don't determine what position you should play nor how good you will be at a specific position. You don't play your games on paper. You play them on the field. And everything you just listed means nothing on the field. It's all about how you play, your intelligence and determination.

Play the position that you enjoy the most and play the position that you think you will do the best in.
    Thanks for all the answers guys, I truly appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm probably one of the most determined people on the team. Coach said since it's my first year playing he'll put me on JV and if I play good move me up to Varsity. These three are my favorite positions, but if I had to choose the one I'd be best at it's LB, but I also really want to rush the passer so maybe have some plays at DE every game. By IQ, does the coach teach you the basics or do you have to learn at practice or on your own?

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for all the answers guys, I truly appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm probably one of the most determined people on the team. Coach said since it's my first year playing he'll put me on JV and if I play good move me up to Varsity. These three are my favorite positions, but if I had to choose the one I'd be best at it's LB, but I also really want to rush the passer so maybe have some plays at DE every game. By IQ, does the coach teach you the basics or do you have to learn at practice or on your own?
    If you are on jv then 5'8 170 is just fine as a LB or DE. The people who say its not are the ones who think that kids these age are full developed lol. Also a lot of people think that you need to be a college recruit in order to be good for your high school team. Play because you love the game, not because you just want to get a scholarship. If you do what you love, good things like scholarships may come your way. but that shouldnt be your sole purpose. Its something to work for but not THE reason why you are playing.

A good coach should teach you the fundamentals. But you should also do your own research and learning outside of practice.

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can play rb, have you ever played before, cuz u might not even start. or if your real good, u can start 2 positions, i started dline and fullback

30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly its going to depend on your skill set. Become a master at one of these positions instead of a jack of all trades on your own. If you really want to play RB work on your skill set for that. If you wanna play DE develop your pass rush moves. Dont base it on your body size because whose to say you wont be 6'2 220 by the time you graduate.
    www.TrainWithSykes.com

Check out my Youtube Channel: TrainWithSykes

Please like the ******** Page: www.********.com/ITrainWithSykes

If your not getting better your getting worse. There is no in-between.