Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Burnzy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Business is going BIG! But what do i call it?

Hi there guys,

Haven't posted in here for a few months. Here is my story why..

I started my own business last year (September) to which i was trying a few things here and there, and found these forums. Took a hell of a lot of information from it and worked my arse off! Where has it got me? I am now fully booked with clients (looking into employing a PT) All of of my fitness classes are nearly always full! I have just signed for a warehouse yesterday and waiting to hear back for the keys. The dream is happening! I am opening my own warehouse and converting it into an old school place where i can teach all my classes (Boot camps etc.) and Personal Training.

Now i need your input, i cannot come up with a name for the place! My business is called 'Personal Individual Fitness' however i can't help but feel the warehouse/gym needs a good 'catchy' name for it!

I look forward to some response!

Ross

jrdunassigned has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Burnzy7 View Post
    Hi there guys,

Haven't posted in here for a few months. Here is my story why..

I started my own business last year (September) to which i was trying a few things here and there, and found these forums. Took a hell of a lot of information from it and worked my arse off! Where has it got me? I am now fully booked with clients (looking into employing a PT) All of of my fitness classes are nearly always full! I have just signed for a warehouse yesterday and waiting to hear back for the keys. The dream is happening! I am opening my own warehouse and converting it into an old school place where i can teach all my classes (Boot camps etc.) and Personal Training.

Now i need your input, i cannot come up with a name for the place! My business is called 'Personal Individual Fitness' however i can't help but feel the warehouse/gym needs a good 'catchy' name for it!

I look forward to some response!

Ross
    The first thing you need consider is who your target audience is. Once you figure out that, a good rule of marketing is to use alliterative text. I'll just show you what examples of that are instead of trying to explain:

Coca Cola
    GooGle
    lady GaGa
    Dunkin' Donuts

Names with repetitive sounds have a tendency to stick in peoples minds. If your name was Willy, you might name is Willy's Warehouse. Personally, if I were a serious lifter, I would avoid going to "Willy's Warehouse" as much as I avoid going to Planet Fitness, but that's why it is important to identify your specific target market first.

TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TRUBA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seems like the sign above the warehouse should be 'Ross' Rumpus Room'
    Manual Trans Crew
    Traditional Wet Shaving Crew
    Russian brah

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    to be honest dude, I was the same when i started. i spoent so long working on my business name and logo but the truth of the matter is, the name of your business really means very little. Sure if you are trying to be a big global brand you need something like jrdunassigned mentioned but at the end of the day your clients (and prospective clients) dont care what the name of your studio is nor do they care what your logo is. All they care about is results and what you can give them.

When I send out marketing materials, my business name is usually in small print at the very bottom corner of the page.

caddz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Brutal Force Fitness

Or take a survey with your original classes, gather a few names and do a little survey, may work?
    Age - 15
    Weight - 13st9 (around 190lbs)
    Height - 6ft0

JammieJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd follow caddz suggestion and speak to the people you already train and ask for their input if you're looking for a business name.

Sometimes they come up with ones you really like and would never have thought of yourself!