oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Anyone experience gas/bloating/sudden weight gain with Mirena IUD?

Just got the Mirena last week. From what my doctor said, it has nearly no bothersome side effects. Some people experience spotting and whatnot, but issues are uncommon...

My experience so far includes constant cramping, bloody yucky discharge, discomfort with squats/deadlifts, water retention, gas and severe abdominal bloating. I'm up 5 lbs since insertion, which I'm assuming is from hormonal fluctuations, but was unexpected.

I'm just curious what others have experienced. I'm already considering yanking this thing out myself! Doc says give it 3 months or so to normalize?!?!?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    Just got the Mirena last week. From what my doctor said, it has nearly no bothersome side effects. Some people experience spotting and whatnot, but issues are uncommon...

My experience so far includes constant cramping, bloody yucky discharge, discomfort with squats/deadlifts, water retention, gas and severe abdominal bloating. I'm up 5 lbs since insertion, which I'm assuming is from hormonal fluctuations, but was unexpected.

I'm just curious what others have experienced. I'm already considering yanking this thing out myself! Doc says give it 3 months or so to normalize?!?!?
    I didn't have the Mirena IUD, but I did have the Paragard (copper) one. All you're experiencing aside from the discharge and pain doing exercises sounds like it could be hormone related...maybe the discharge too, but I've never heard of hormones making it painful for you to exercise like that. It does take a godawful amount of time to get used to, and that's if it's going well. I had them take mine out...my cramps kept getting worse until I was to the point of having pains that made me scared to drive or even lift. I don't think I'll ever have another one. Can you still feel your strings? That's a good way to tell if it's still in place, but if you still continue to have physical pains like that (not just cramping), you might have them check it.
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need to go back to your doctor and get them to check it. The water retention and bloating sound very hormonal but the discomfort and discharge need checking out. I'm on my second Mirena and love it. Sure everything will settle down but go get checked out just to be safe.
    *N.A.S.M CPT*

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds - Orison Swett

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by britchick884 View Post
    You need to go back to your doctor and get them to check it. The water retention and bloating sound very hormonal but the discomfort and discharge need checking out. I'm on my second Mirena and love it. Sure everything will settle down but go get checked out just to be safe.
    I gave them a call and apparently some discharge and cramping is normal. I go back in 6 weeks for a follow up, and honestly, if it doesn't improve I'm taking it out.

So today I finally requested to be seen on a more urgent basis as the pain is not getting better. They couldn't find the strings! So they did an ultrasound and the IUD appears to be at least partially perforated, so I am getting ready to head into surgery this evening. I'm glad I didn't wait for another 3 months.

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So today I finally requested to be seen on a more urgent basis as the pain is not getting better. They couldn't find the strings! So they did an ultrasound and the IUD appears to be at least partially perforated, so I am getting ready to head into surgery this evening. I'm glad I didn't wait for another 3 months.
    Damn that sucks. My gf just got Mirena 2 weeks ago and they were explaining it all and perforation is pretty rare. It is a good thing you followed up and are getting that taken care of otherwise it would get nasty serious.

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OMG!! I'm so sorry So glad you didn't wait either...hopefully you don't have any further complications!
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did you tell them that you lift? As in deadlift and such? I have had two Mirena IUDs, both took a couple of months to settle down with the spotting/cramping, but the end result was well worth it as I had no side effects after that nor do I even get my period (yay). But definitely a newly inserted IUD takes a bit of time for your body to adjust to.

The perforation could very well have happened with the deadlifting, it creates a huge pressure increase in your lower pelvis area and even "normal" women sometimes experience breakthrough bleeding as a result. Putting that pressure on a newly inserted device which is causing swelling and such around the cervix could be detrimental. Or not, of course. You could have just been that one in however many that had a bad side effect.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Did you tell them that you lift? As in deadlift and such? I have had two Mirena IUDs, both took a couple of months to settle down with the spotting/cramping, but the end result was well worth it as I had no side effects after that nor do I even get my period (yay). But definitely a newly inserted IUD takes a bit of time for your body to adjust to.

The perforation could very well have happened with the deadlifting, it creates a huge pressure increase in your lower pelvis area and even "normal" women sometimes experience breakthrough bleeding as a result. Putting that pressure on a newly inserted device which is causing swelling and such around the cervix could be detrimental. Or not, of course. You could have just been that one in however many that had a bad side effect.
    I told them that I lift heavy weights - most docs don't even know what a squat/deadlift are, and heavy to them might mean 25 lbs, lol. They told me it would be fine... Anyways, I spent the night in the hospital and had to be intubated and everything for the procedure, so it was really unpleasant. I'm back to square one with bc... was thinking NuvaRing.

Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh my gosh...so glad you didn't wait and pushed to be seen! Hopefully you are feeling somewhat better now. I thought about doing NuvaRing, have heard good things about it. However it is possible for it to come off and get temporarily stuck around the guy... I'm pretty sure you can pull it back off easily, but the bf didn't like the sound of it either way lol. And a friend of mine that used it said it could be a real pain in the ass to get in at first.
    MFP: mkjbarreto
    Insta: barretosupreme
    Personal Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162859401

*Femme Nutrition product log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167407101

Originally Posted by Madi-J View Post
    Oh my gosh...so glad you didn't wait and pushed to be seen! Hopefully you are feeling somewhat better now. I thought about doing NuvaRing, have heard good things about it. However it is possible for it to come off and get temporarily stuck around the guy... I'm pretty sure you can pull it back off easily, but the bf didn't like the sound of it either way lol. And a friend of mine that used it said it could be a real pain in the ass to get in at first.
    Nuvaring is like a jelly bracelet-easy to insert and much bigger than the avg sized penis, so unlikely to get stuck on a dude... I don't like them though because they give me heavier discharge.

Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Madi-J is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nuvaring is like a jelly bracelet-easy to insert and much bigger than the avg sized penis, so unlikely to get stuck on a dude... I don't like them though because they give me heavier discharge.
    Hmmm...if it weren't for the heavier discharge I might reconsider...but discharge grosses me out as it is.
    MFP: mkjbarreto
    Insta: barretosupreme
    Personal Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162859401

*Femme Nutrition product log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167407101