gtim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there a point ot bent-over rows if my gym has seated row stations?

I've been doing dumbbell bent-over rows as part of my routine for a while, but find the form difficult. I have issues such as trouble keeping my stabilising leg still, not rotating the torso too much and making sure my back does the work.

My gym does have seated row stations, both with cable and lever. (I'd post pics but need 50 posts for that.) Could I do either of them instead, or would I be missing out?

I suppose this is differnet form the general free weights vs machines war, since there aren't many important stabilisers involved in the row. (correct me if I'm wrong)

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gtim View Post

Is there a point ot bent-over rows if my gym has seated row stations
    It depends on what else is in your back routine. For some guys, Barbell Rows provide the only lower back/PC work they get.

Conversely, following Deadlifts with any type of unsupported Rowing can be a problem.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    It depends on what else is in your back routine. For some guys, Barbell Rows provide the only lower back/PC work they get.

Conversely, following Deadlifts with any type of unsupported Rowing can be a problem.
    My back work consists of deadlifts, bent-over rows, chins and back squats. Would I cover enough of the back if I substituted the rows for seated rows? Hadn't thought of the problems with doing unsupported rowing after deadlifts, thanks.

Also, what's PC?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    My back work consists of deadlifts, bent-over rows, chins and back squats. Would I cover enough of the back if I substituted the rows for seated rows?
    I don't see a problem with the substitute you mention; your lower back is getting plenty of work from Deadlifts alone.

Also, what's PC?
    Posterior Chain; including, but not limited to, the spinal erectors, hamstrings, etc.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

I see. Thanks a lot!

Registered User Proposturalized's Avatar
    Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My back work consists of deadlifts, bent-over rows, chins and back squats. Would I cover enough of the back if I substituted the rows for seated rows? Hadn't thought of the problems with doing unsupported rowing after deadlifts, thanks.

Also, what's PC?
    Why do you include squats on your back day?
    "Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all your weak."

Originally Posted by Proposturalized View Post
    Why do you include squats on your back day?
    The squats are on my leg day, the rest on my pull day.