BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrightNail is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Prostate Health Supplement that works, any advice?

Hey All,

as I am getting on in years - 42! I am noticing lack of pressure in urine stream. And for the first time ever, I tried to pee but couldn't until after like 4 seconds. I haven't experienced that again and perhaps it was because I was sitting on my arse for hours and had to go suppppper bad whatever. The fact is, I want to get on the road to prevention rather than waiting till I have issues.

I read that some supplements can help then recently started reading some studies that show no improvement when taking supplements.

I know Saw Palmetto is suppose to work, but I havent' located any high rated, high quality of pro-prostate health.

Anyone know of an awesome supplement for prostate health?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ron Paul

larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) larryinpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm interested in this too. I take saw palmetto; I think it works a bit, but would like better. You should see a urologist just to make sure it's just age related...
    -Currently on Stronglift 5X5 Program

"The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify what it does is evil" John 7:7

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have tried them all over the years: SUPER BETA PROSTATE, by NEW VITALITY, has been the best...
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Beta sistosterol has been shown effective in BPH. However, you should first see your doctor to be sure you are experiencing BPH and not something more serious.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10368239
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22512478

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BrightNail View Post

Anyone know of an awesome supplement for prostate health?
    I know of only one. It called visiting your doctor for prostate exams.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

Going for strong and lean jtroster's Avatar
    jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000) jtroster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Go see an urologist. Mine put me on Avodart.
    Joel

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

My 2014 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159562211

desidhakkan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by larryinpa View Post
    I'm interested in this too. I take saw palmetto; I think it works a bit, but would like better. You should see a urologist just to make sure it's just age related...
    I'm interested too. How is Maca Root?

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I read research some years ago about a prostate formula that included was high in saw palmetto. For years I have used it, and twice a year my blood tests show a very low test, even surprising my doctors who sim;ly say "keep it up".
    Do what's right.

thanew30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is only my second post, but I've been on the site for a few years. I used stinging nettle when I was having problems with flow. I didn't even use the whole bottle. It made me have to urinate more frequently, but it didn't take long (a few weeks) to notice a difference. It's been a good ten years since I took it, and I haven't had any return symptoms.
    I still have to say see a doc!

philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) philipj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just sommented on another thread about the Proanthanol Bio complex & Prostrate Formula that I have used for years.
    Do what's right.

Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000) Robosco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone here have tried Prostate Health Complex by Trunature (Costco brand)?

SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000)
    Short version: See an urologist.

Long version: Back in 2006 I developed a constant feeling of needing to pee, a weakened urine stream and lots of lovely painful other symptoms. After much investigation it turned out to be prostatitis aggravated by a high bladder neck. I had an incision in March 2007 and things cleared up pretty much over the next year or so. I still get occasional flares (maybe two or three a year) for about a week where it feels a bit burny and I need to pee every hour but that's chronic prostatits for you. Compared to what it was like I'll happily take that.

On the other hand it might just be BPH and saw palmetto or alpha blockers might sort you out.

Bottom line is you need good medical advice to know the difference.
    Squat (noun) A means of helping men understand what it feels like to give birth.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I personally dont trust supplements nor do I trust drug companies. I think they are more dangerous then people realize.

You would think with the abundance of information, supplements and drugs that we have access to that everyone would be in top physical condition but we know thats not the case.

lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lensperson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jtroster View Post
    Go see an urologist. Mine put me on Avodart.
    Seriously... Precious few are qualified to diagnose, and even fewer to effectively treat prostate issues...
    My urologist prescribed Tamsulosin HCL albeit after careful review of its side effects I have elected to wait until after cataract surgery before given this a try...

Another thing to be aware of is the value of PSA screening is now in being contested by many (only urologist currently defend it, but they have a dog in the fight) in the medical community in as it been statistically shown (numerous analysis please do your own research here) not to be an effective means of preventing cancer deaths when done over age 55 (younger 40 to 55 it does appear to have merit)

I would also highly recommend reading the articles from NIH (links posted in this thread) in as they are informative... albeit a sizable amount of grant monies for NIH come from pharmaceuticals so bias is always of concern even if a government source.

Remember you'll have to live with this issue for the rest of your life, please do invest the time to become well informed... and continue to do so since there is a huge amount of research in BPH. While there are no easy answers yet, hope springs eternal...

All the best on your journey...