Work2Skim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to working out and need help

So I have been in to board sports my whole life, skimboarding, longboarding and snowboarding but I've realized im now 19 and weak as **** compared to my friends. So now I feel I am way behind on getting strong compared to everyone around me, but I am obviously about to do something about that I just need a little help getting started.

I weigh 180 and am 6'3'' and in no way fat or overweight but my arms are skinny as hell (all those board sports gave me legs like a horse but did nothing for my arms sadly)

So now I am just looking for a way to spend my summer (with a lot of free time) to gain muscle mostly in the chest, back and arms and a little work on the abs could always help. BUT I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE what kind of work out or what supplements to take to help me with my goal.

Any advice is appreciated.

lastly i have access to gym and dumbells at home so i would like to do some kind of working out once a day but not go to the gym EVERY day.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Okay. Well, firstly, it doesn't matter that you're starting "so late", lol - trust me on this.

I was also a skinny/skinnyfat bastard (at your age, just skinny). Not an issue. And my legs were stronger than my arms to begin with, too (I mean, more than is usually the case, given how much bigger legs are). Again, meh.

What you don't want to do is neglect lifting weights for your legs, regardless. I think you'll find that your, say, barbell squats are not any better - or not much better - in the scheme of things, than your bench press or OHP. Just for example. Lift weights for the whole body, or risk becoming misshapen, and even (potentially) dangerously unbalanced.

Check the stickied threads, like "Routines and Advice". As for supplements, you don't need any - again, I speak for experience here, and a lot of other folks here and locally that I've talked to, don't take any either. Of course, you *can*, if you want to. If you do, I suggest sticking with a simple multivitamin, some whey iso, and maybe fish oil or whatever. That should see you covered, I guess. Though, IMO, it's better to do all that via quality food.

And regarding "working out" every day - sure. Just keep the stuff in between lifting days relatively light on, as far as taxing the muscles goes. As you'll discover soon enough, this is not really just a wise choice - it's what your body will demand, lol.

Work2Skim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks man ill get on that ****!