JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does this make sense?

So I was making meat loaf and was using extra lean beef. Total of 2120g, 3638 calories cooked then drained the fat that was sitting on top and around in a cup. Came out to 292g so 292 X 9 is 2628. So minus that from 3638 and thats how much calories is left in the ground beef, yes?

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JackTheRaker View Post
    So I was making meat loaf and was using extra lean beef. Total of 2120g, 3638 calories cooked then drained the fat that was sitting on top and around in a cup. Came out to 292g so 292 X 9 is 2628. So minus that from 3638 and thats how much calories is left in the ground beef, yes?
    Did I catch a niner in there? Where did that come from? Weigh it raw and call it a day.

JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JackTheRaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by miacanesfan25 View Post
    Did I catch a niner in there? Where did that come from? Weigh it raw and call it a day.
    what?

miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miacanesfan25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what?
    That's what I said. When I cook my chopped meat, chicken, steak, or whatever I weight it raw and use one of the many online sources like mfp, fitday, etc. etc. to determine it's calories and macros by how much it's weighs.

Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Krohawk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it would probably be more accurate to let the 292 grams of drippings cool and separate in the fridge, then take the solidified fat off the top and weigh just that. otherwise you're probably weighing a lot of water too. i've never done this, so i don't know how it all works out.

That's what I said. When I cook my chopped meat, chicken, steak, or whatever I weight it raw and use one of the many online sources like mfp, fitday, etc. etc. to determine it's calories and macros by how much it's weighs.
    I understood that i didnt understand the "did i catch a niner in there". lol

but i understand what your saying

Originally Posted by Krohawk View Post
    it would probably be more accurate to let the 292 grams of drippings cool and separate in the fridge, then take the solidified fat off the top and weigh just that. otherwise you're probably weighing a lot of water too. i've never done this, so i don't know how it all works out.
    Thats very true didnt thing of that all well to late now thx both you guys for the help

I understood that i didnt understand the "did i catch a niner in there". lol

but i understand what your saying
    It's a joke lol I didn't understand how you arrived at 292x9.

It's a joke lol I didn't understand how you arrived at 292x9.
    Ohh lol haha, I just drained the fat in a cup on a scale and it came out to 292g so i figured it was all fat so just X 9 lol but didnt think about the water it would be carrying so that would make it shot. I asked because it didnt seem right that most the calories came out (in the form of fat) witch would make more than half the ground beef fat even thought it was extra lean lol. But ill just go with the weight before cooked.

I was looking for away to make the calories even lower so i could eat even more.

Ohh lol haha, I just drained the fat in a cup on a scale and it came out to 292g so i figured it was all fat so just X 9 lol but didnt think about the water it would be carrying so that would make it shot. I asked because it didnt seem right that most the calories came out (in the form of fat) witch would make more than half the ground beef fat even thought it was extra lean lol. But ill just go with the weight before cooked.

I was looking for away to make the calories even lower so i could eat even more.
    I see now you're doing 292gx9 calories per 1g/fat. Yea I don't know dude like I said I just weigh it raw and call it a day. Plenty of crap drips off from my foreman but I don't even really consider it. It appears to be mostly water to me anyway like I think has been said.