George351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lack of energy during workouts!!

Hi guys

newb 23 y.o male and weighing around close to 80kg checking in.. Question i want to ask whilst working out with my bench pressing im usually tired by the 3rd set. Only supplements i take is WPI and thats it.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lack of sleep?
    lack of nutrition?
    try a preworkout or coffee?
    be more motivated/mentally?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    preworkout or lack of carbs

Thanks for that
    But it only happens to me when benching. Squatting, Deadlifts, Leg Presses etc. i can do no problem with around a minute rest between eat set. But will take everything into consideration.

Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you should try the alan aragon preworkout..... coffee mixed in with protein and ice + banana + handful of almonds

for more endurance though maybe try creatine monohydrate and beta alanine
    Arnolds Modern Book of Bodybuilding... a must read for anyone into fitness --> http://amzn.to/1hjtHTq

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by George351 View Post
    Thanks for that
    But it only happens to me when benching. Squatting, Deadlifts, Leg Presses etc. i can do no problem with around a minute rest between eat set. But will take everything into consideration.
    Notice the common theme for these? They are generally compound lifts and the hardest lifts (taxing) on the body....
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Notice the common theme for these? They are generally compound lifts and the hardest lifts (taxing) on the body....
    Should've worded it a bit better. BB Flat Bench ill warmup on 20kg (bar only) 40kg (bar + 2x10kg plates) then 60kg (bar + 4x10kg plates) and by the end of that set i'm absolutely stuffed and the rest of my workout suffers after that.

Squatting i warmup on just the bar then move into 50kg inc. bar and max on 80kg inc. bar and the only thing that lets me down are my bad knees. I just really struggle on the bench. If my issues come down to lack of sleep and get a better diet i'd be happy.

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    It was 2 sentences:

But it only happens to me when benching.
    Squatting, Deadlifts, Leg Presses etc. i can do no problem with around a minute rest between eat set.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try moving your bench to the end of the workout for a couple of weeks.
    See if that makes a difference. True, we like the big compounds to be at the beginning of the workout but it might be worth moving it to see if it makes a difference. You can always move it back later.
    Another thing you could try doing is just lowering the number of reps or lowering the weight for a couple of weeks. Sometimes a quick deload can help.

Not AfricanAmerican (srs) JayC24's Avatar
    JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000) JayC24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you cutting? Restricting calories can be draining enough over time, and if your cutting calories, your most likely going to be cutting back on carbs also which can be even more taxing on the energy levels.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^ Shouldnn't be the problem here. If it was lack of calories, he'd be suffering across the board on all lifts. Seems to be just his bench though.
    That seems to point to him just trying to push beyond his limits. Not a bad thing in itself, but if it's then affecting the rest of his workout, he needs to tweak the lift itself.

SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SrNG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only time I have energy for workouts anymore is when i'm in a surplus. Try a pre-workout supp. Should help a lot.

Pharmaceutical Grade JCarruth130's Avatar
    JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by doueveneat View Post
    preworkout or lack of carbs
    ^ this. Many people like adding some glycomaize or a waxy maize to their intra WO drink and swear by it. Plan on doing this with my two tubs of glyco maize by ON.
    "Knowledge is Muscle."

runonsentencesareawesome Indivdude's Avatar
    Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000) Indivdude is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Should've worded it a bit better. BB Flat Bench ill warmup on 20kg (bar only) 40kg (bar + 2x10kg plates) then 60kg (bar + 4x10kg plates) and by the end of that set i'm absolutely stuffed and the rest of my workout suffers after that.

Squatting i warmup on just the bar then move into 50kg inc. bar and max on 80kg inc. bar and the only thing that lets me down are my bad knees. I just really struggle on the bench. If my issues come down to lack of sleep and get a better diet i'd be happy.
    Not a nutrition guy but this just seems out of place to me. Are you getting less sleep the day before your bench day or the days you normally bench? Are you eating less that day? Are you trying to bench too much weight? What's your max? How often do you bench? Do you have a physically demanding job or do more physical work on the days of or the immediate day before your bench day(s)?

Just asking random questions because it doesn't seem like it'd be a nutrition thing if its just one lift since squatting and deadlifting takes more out of you and requires more energy. It might be how you eat/sleep/prepare on the days or day before you usually bench. My first guess would be that you're trying to bench too much weight but it'd be just that, a guess.
    R.I.P. Mainsqueeze530

Better listen to this guy. He has the most trustworthy beard I've ever seen. -bigfor15

[A]LPHA [B]EARD [C]REW

Originally Posted by Indivdude View Post
    Not a nutrition guy but this just seems out of place to me. Are you getting less sleep the day before your bench day or the days you normally bench? Are you eating less that day? Are you trying to bench too much weight? What's your max? How often do you bench? Do you have a physically demanding job or do more physical work on the days of or the immediate day before your bench day(s)?

Just asking random questions because it doesn't seem like it'd be a nutrition thing if its just one lift since squatting and deadlifting takes more out of you and requires more energy. It might be how you eat/sleep/prepare on the days or day before you usually bench. My first guess would be that you're trying to bench too much weight but it'd be just that, a guess.
    My sleeping patterns have been like this for quite a long time now. Im off to bed between 10:30pm - 11:30pm being the latest and i always seem to wake up at around 5am for no apparent reason :\

For bench my max is 70kg and 80kg spotted and i only bench once a week. I'm at the gym 3x a week and play bball 2-3 days a week. I work as an Architectural Draftsman so its not so much physical just stressing, but if that was the case, wouldn't say my squats and deadlifts suffer as well?

As for my diet;
    Breakfast a mug of oats with milk and honey
    Lunch either a large (170g) can of tuna with lemon and 2 slices of bread or 4 grilled chicken fillets with a handful of cauliflower and broccoli.
    Dinner usually whatever parents have cooked at home.

Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ampoliros will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As for my diet;
    Breakfast a mug of oats with milk and honey
    Lunch either a large (170g) can of tuna with lemon and 2 slices of bread or 4 grilled chicken fillets with a handful of cauliflower and broccoli.
    Dinner usually whatever parents have cooked at home.
    You're probably not eating enough. If you intend to lose weight, your lifts will suffer.
    Why aren't you gaining? A small guide:

1. Eat more.
    2. Lift better.

Result: Gains.