Closed Thread
    Wriley2015 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Certain side effects of Cellucor C4?

I love Cellucor C4 and have been taking it for about 4 weeks (not everyday). I usually use about 1 - 1/2 scoops. And, I've never had any side effects except for burning sensation the first few times I took it. So, I decided to up the dose to 2 scoops today, no side effects, until about 3 hours ago, I've been experiencing some pain in my heart. Is this something that's just in my head? Or is it time to start worrying? I've never had heartburn so I'm assuming it's not from anything I've eaten. Has anyone else had this problem?

degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wriley2015 View Post
    I love Cellucor C4 and have been taking it for about 4 weeks (not everyday). I usually use about 1 - 1/2 scoops. And, I've never had any side effects except for burning sensation the first few times I took it. So, I decided to up the dose to 2 scoops today, no side effects, until about 3 hours ago, I've been experiencing some pain in my heart. Is this something that's just in my head? Or is it time to start worrying? I've never had heartburn so I'm assuming it's not from anything I've eaten. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Stimulants can f uck with your heart. Go stem free with hemavol or greenmag with citrulline malate for a stim free preworkout.

Alright, I'll definitely look into them, but uh.... Is this something I need to worry about, or talk to a doctor about?

TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000) TimMason91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    everyone responds differently to stims.

Drink lots of water, deep breathes, relax.. If it continues, or gets worse see your doc.

Don't worry about it, worrying will only freak you out more.. you will be fine
    Driven Sports Craze Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144676431

Pre-Workout FAQ and Information thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144588521

Weight gainer help and FAQ: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145111141

Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bro, the exact same thing is going on with me rigghhht now.... it hurts more like when u exhale kinda to the left of your sternum? ive never had problems so idk what exactly it could be.

Originally Posted by Sky77 View Post
    Bro, the exact same thing is going on with me rigghhht now.... it hurts more like when u exhale kinda to the left of your sternum? ive never had problems so idk what exactly it could be.
    whatever it is, is likely to dissipate soon. I feel fine now, no heart pain. Like Tim said, relax and drink water.

Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sky77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whatever it is, is likely to dissipate soon. I feel fine now, no heart pain. Like Tim said, relax and drink water.
    yeah man it went on for a couple days and i woke up today and its way better, thanks for the heads up tho.

kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000) kingskipper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At your size and age 2 scoops seems like too much. As pointed out above, just stay super hydrated.
    Peace and the Third World War: gnosticteachings.org/books-by-samael-aun-weor/the-social-christ/692-peace-and-the-third-world-war.html

CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CrystalLake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    15 years old, 144lbs., and wondering why your heart is racing after 2 scoops of C4?

That "burning sensation" is the Beta-Alanine kicking in
    part-time artist, full-time superhero: http://joneallen.com

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When it says to assess tolerance, this is pretty much the idea. Starting with a lower dose, and working your way up. 2 scoops is fair dose if you can handle 1.5 scoops, but 2+ scoops simply can push people to over-stimulation mark, and that is why you have to increase slowly over time. There is a limit to what a good pre workout can do, before it starts to increase cortisol and such.

Its a reason why so many people like to only use them on workout days, or limit stimulants on off days, etc...

To the point though, it will subside like drinking too much coffee ( cold water and cool air always helps me calm my breathing), but its a clear sign that you may not be ready for the max dose of C4. Nothing wrong with that I personally use 1.5 scoops myself even at 250lbs. I have always been stim sensitive. I sometimes use GABAergics or anti-histamines to calm my "allergies" and they seem to change my sensitivity to stimulants as well. My tolerance seems to improve, so I can use higher doses, but I need to readjust doses when I stop taking them. Each person is a little different, so I try to give the means to figure it out for their own physiology. Trial and Error can be tedious, but its worth it to never by a product you know will give you unwanted sides.

Cellucor always tries to formulate within a range of 1 scoop for stim sensitive, and 2 scoops for avg-resistant users, and of course its not suggest, but people take doses past 2 scoops, but they seem to know their stimulant resistance, and take the risk for long term sides upon themselves. At the end of the day its about being safe in my book, not even as an employee, but as a general life principle

You may want to check out M5 2in1, since you get 60 servings on top with stims and pump, and then 30 full dose serving on the build portion. Its basically a C4-60 and a M5-30 for about $70 bucks or less with the right coupon code.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ce...me-2-in-1.html
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 15 I also hope your parents are monitoring your use, and have provided permission.
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

seblofer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Alright, I'll definitely look into them, but uh.... Is this something I need to worry about, or talk to a doctor about?
    I took this product for a few weeks and didn't experience anything. No focus, no pump, nothing. So I went to 1.5 scoops: same thing. The ONE day I tried two scoops I got a horrible headache through out the workout and the rest of my day. In fact, it took away from my work out.

This is the first pre workout I buy. I am not a fan of lab stimulants and the NO3 is not particularly healthy for you. I just posted this question on HealthTap MD and im waiting for a reply from doctors. I provided the link to the BB.com store product.

If I were you I would check with your doctor before taking nay pre workouts just to be safe. Your bes stimulant is a cup of coffee before the gym or a good diet and sleep.

When i get an answer I will post it for you!

Blacktar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    'Heartburn' isn't characterized by a pain in your chest. It's the layman's word to describe acid reflux, or the burning sensation you'd feel in your eso****us if you had acid reflux. It isn't heartburn. However, I just started taking C4 30 minutes before my insanity workouts, and I HAVE been experiencing heartburn. I have a history of acid reflux, and its gotten bad during my workouts after taking C4 the past few times. My calories have been the same, so it's definitely the C4. I'm getting a refund.

Elvsss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys.. Do you guys recommend me to take this or not? I am a female, 22, and weight about 118lbs.. Or would this be too much for me? I've asked a couple people and they said I should be fine, but just wanna get some more thoughts on this. Thanks!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Elvsss View Post
    Hi guys.. Do you guys recommend me to take this or not? I am a female, 22, and weight about 118lbs.. Or would this be too much for me? I've asked a couple people and they said I should be fine, but just wanna get some more thoughts on this. Thanks!
    will be fine
    i would suggest it pre-workout as stated on the tub and start with 1 scoop. I would suggest dosing either first thing upon waking for early training or about 60-90 minutes after a pre-workout meal prior to your workout to allow your food to digest and get the effectiveness of the stim.

Please let me know how it treats you and what you think, its a very popular pre-workout and it won pre-workout of the year because of its popularity! Thank you for considering the product.

QueenofCalfs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Burns

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    will be fine
    i would suggest it pre-workout as stated on the tub and start with 1 scoop. I would suggest dosing either first thing upon waking for early training or about 60-90 minutes after a pre-workout meal prior to your workout to allow your food to digest and get the effectiveness of the stim.

Please let me know how it treats you and what you think, its a very popular pre-workout and it won pre-workout of the year because of its popularity! Thank you for considering the product.
    I am a female. 21 years old. 5'10”, 125 lbs. It made me burn everywhere. (EVERYWHERE. o_O). The first time I took half a scoop with 16 oz of water. I felt nothing. No boost of energy or anything like that. Also no burning. The second time I think I took a whole scoop with 8 oz of water. Same results. The third time I took a whole scoop with 6 oz of water. No energy boost but i felt an uncomfortable burning sensation, down there, but no place else. I thought it was just my imagination. So this time i took a full scoop with 4 oz of water. HELL NO. After a few minutes I started tingling all over. I was scratching at myself like a crack addict. My ears, arms, legs, face, and genitals. I just want to know when I'm going to get my boost of energy.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The tingling is from the Beta-Alanine
    if you want some extra energy try stacking a caffeine tab with your 1 scoop
    The amount of water you use makes no difference in the effects of the product.

vzarzano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Blacktar;1099334903]'Heartburn' isn't characterized by a pain in your chest. It's the layman's word to describe acid reflux, or the burning sensation you'd feel in your eso****us if you had acid reflux. It isn't heartburn. However, I just started taking C4 30 minutes before my insanity workouts, and I HAVE been experiencing heartburn. I have a history of acid reflux, and its gotten bad during my workouts after taking C4 the past few times. My calories have been the same, so it's definitely the C4. I'm getting a refund.[/QUOTE

Same with me. Pain in my heart kind of. I thought I was having a heart attack. Took a tiny bit more than 1 scoop. I am 5'7 female. 137 pounds. Now I am scared to take it!!!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Blacktar View Post
    Same with me. Pain in my heart kind of. I thought I was having a heart attack. Took a tiny bit more than 1 scoop. I am 5'7 female. 137 pounds. Now I am scared to take it!!!
    People respond differently to stimulants, you can try just taking a caffeine pill for a pre-workout if you need an energy boost; should eliminate any issues you get from other things.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

SPhoenix97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sky77 View Post

I used to have the same problem playing basketball. It seemed to only happen when i was extremely exhausted. Did you workout harder?

JRox29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 scoops is equivalent to chugging 3-4 cups of coffee in a short time span so of course you'd get chest pain. Thats not including any other caffeine you may or may not have had already in your system. You'll be fine, just be careful on your dosing and monitor if it happens again/keeps occurring.

23mcastillo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do agree that people's body does respond differently to stimulants, so I can only speak from my experiences. I took C4 for 2 weeks straight as I wanted longer and more energetic workouts in the gym. I was going strong for about an hour prior to C4, but then I'd die down and on the recommendation of another gym guest I began taking C4. The 5 days I worked out, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep even though I was physically drained. I would go to bed at around 11:00pm, and would toss and turn to about 4:00-4:30am. People would tell me that it was due to a new meal plan, or that I was having killer workouts which created more energy. In week 2 I experimented to see, and in fact on days I didn't use C4 I slept fantastic, days I did (3 days) I again could not fall asleep, and in fact on one occasion I stayed up all night, morning, and crashed at 1:00p.m. the following day. Loved the energy it brought for me while at the gym, just not the insomnia it presented to me. Must rely on natural energy at the gym now, finding different forms of staying motivated and energized while taking nothing.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by 23mcastillo; 01-15-2017 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Incomplete sentence

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 23mcastillo View Post
    I do agree that people's body does respond differently to stimulants, so I can only speak from my experiences. I took C4 for 2 weeks straight as I wanted longer and more energetic workouts in the gym. I was going strong for about an hour prior to C4, but then I'd die down and on the recommendation of another gym guest I began taking C4. The 5 days I worked out, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep even though I was physically drained. I would go to bed at around 11:00pm, and would toss and turn to about 4:00-4:30am. People would tell me that it was due to a new meal plan, or that I was having killer workouts which created more energy. In week 2 I experimented to see, and in fact on days I didn't use C4 I slept fantastic, days I did (3 days) I again could not fall asleep, and in fact on one occasion I stayed up all night, morning, and crashed at 1:00p.m. the following day. Loved the energy it brought for me while at the gym, just not the insomnia it presented to me. Must rely on natural energy at the gym now, finding different forms of staying motivated and energized while taking nothing.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Your sleeplessness is likely a sensitivity to the stimulants (Caffeine). You should try working out/taking it earlier in the day so the stimulants fade away well before bedtime. Also try reducing the dose. It's not a bad thing to start with 1/2 scoop to assess your tolerance.

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)

gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000) gmach2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    so many people that subscribe to the "more is better'" belief in supplement use. if the prescribed dosage isnt working perhaps the problem is you and not the the supplement. SMH
    "I Support MuscleTech"

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you aren't normally into stimulants or have kept away, your heart can speed up quite a bit, just use the minimum or half dosage for really any pre to see how it works for you. As for the burning sensation, thats beta-alanine, its completely normal and will subside with time.

A friend of mine worked at a chain nutrition store, he'd have so many people return pre's most of which was C4. Since his company policy was to discard open products, he'd benefit by taking all the returned tubs and use them! Don't worry brow, just lower your dose and work up!
    Engineering Master Race

LuWannaReed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol same thing happened to me, female age 51, I am clawing at my ears, face and arms...holy my holy! I was given a sample scoop in hopes that I would buy it...hell no...I'm miserable right now. BUT, it did allow me to finish strong...the pump was enormous, I was able to lift my heaviest. The itching is real though and it hits in waves and I scream like I'm on a Rollercoaster...not fun and no purchase sorry.