RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100)

Running and fatloss

Hey guys,
    this is my first post so please excuse if i'm on the wrong thread. But I was wondering what REALLY is the point of running when cutting/trying to cut fat. Lets say my basal metabolic rate was 1600 calories and I'm aiming for 1300 a day, from what i've been told, the way you lose fat is to have a calorie deficit, so as opposed to eating 1600 calories and burning of 200 through running, why not just eat 1300 and not run?

TLDR: What are the positive affects of running (aside from obvious like cardiovascular health)

Thanks In advanced.

Tobester4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RKiller View Post
    Hey guys,
    this is my first post so please excuse if i'm on the wrong thread. But I was wondering what REALLY is the point of running when cutting/trying to cut fat. Lets say my basal metabolic rate was 1600 calories and I'm aiming for 1300 a day, from what i've been told, the way you lose fat is to have a calorie deficit, so as opposed to eating 1600 calories and burning of 200 through running, why not just eat 1300 and not run?

TLDR: What are the positive affects of running (aside from obvious like cardiovascular health)

Thanks In advanced.
    Running simply adds to your caloric deficit. Some people actually enjoy it if you can believe that.

BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BryUgalde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tobester4 View Post
    Running simply adds to your caloric deficit. Some people actually enjoy it if you can believe that.
    I'm pretty sure it sparks your metabolism along with many other things. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge can post in here.

RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100) RKiller is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BryUgalde View Post
    I'm pretty sure it sparks your metabolism along with many other things. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge can post in here.
    Yeah I did some research, I guess what happens is you burn up your fat nicely with running. So I guess you could say when you're cutting your ratio of fat/muscle loss is higher.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BryUgalde View Post
    Not true - other than the energy you burn while doing it - and possible EPOC effect if you do sprints. However, this is all small beer compared to the impact you can have by controlling your calorie intake. What's more, eating less takes less of your time not more... leaving you extra free time. I use my extra time that I don't spend jogging effectively; I do more weight training

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeah I did some research, I guess what happens is you burn up your fat nicely with running. So I guess you could say when you're cutting your ratio of fat/muscle loss is higher.
    Sorry, incorrect.

You burn a greater proportion of fat vs. glucose when sitting on your arse.

It just so happens that your overall expenditure is not very high.... but this is risking overcomplicating things. Looking at individual bodily processes out of context of everything else that's going on can lead to false conclusions.

Bottom line: weight changes are down to calories in vs. calories out. Just make sure you know how many extra calories cardio REALLY burns.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    actually...lifting heavy weights, along with enough protein consumption, will help you retain a higher portion of muscle rather than more cardio activity.
    Stern Crew

SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SKINS32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Muscles burn sugar/carbs/glucose under load/exercise. Muscles burn fat at rest. Eat enough carbs and protein to build muscles from working out and at rest you will burn more fat. Don't eat any dietary fat other than what comes in your protein sources. The more muscle you have, the compound interest effect works to burn fat. Fat is tapped into under anaerobic bursts (sprints/weightlifting), muscle is tapped into under endurance (running/biking/swimming).

T

Registered User SimplyShreddies's Avatar
    SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500) SimplyShreddies is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SKINS32 View Post
    Muscles burn sugar/carbs/glucose under load/exercise. Muscles burn fat at rest. Eat enough carbs and protein to build muscles from working out and at rest you will burn more fat. Don't eat any dietary fat other than what comes in your protein sources. The more muscle you have, the compound interest effect works to burn fat. Fat is tapped into under anaerobic bursts (sprints/weightlifting), muscle is tapped into under endurance (running/biking/swimming).

T
    Da fuq did I just read?