android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Chasing down my abs. PLEASE HELP

Morning all,

So I've been slimming down for the last few weeks after reaching my goal weight of 210lbs. I've decided I no longer want to be big and have my "chubby clothes" and "skinny clothes". Buying clothes is getting expensive, so I'm going to stick with getting as lean as I can and just stay healthy... Ok ok ok plus I'm about to be 30 yrs old. ha

So here is my current diet:

Meal 1
    1.5 Scoops of Protein Powder
    1 Scoop of DAA
    4 Caps of BCAA
    Mixed with Barenaked 4oz and 6oz of water

Meal 2
    6 egg whites
    2/3 cup of raw oats
    1/4cup of blueberries
    2 strawberries

Meal 3
    8oz of chicken
    8oz sweet potato
    1 cup of brocolli
    BCAA's (caps)

Meal 4 (pre-workout)
    2 scoops of Protein Powder
    1 cup of raw oats
    1/4 cup of blueberries
    2 strawberries
    1 Scoop of DAA

Meal 5 (post workout)
    2 scoops of Protein Powder
    1 Scoop of dextrose
    4 scoops of xtends

Meal 6 (1hr later)
    8oz of chicken
    8oz sweet potato or 1cup of Brown Rice
    1 cup of asparagus or brocolli

Meal 7
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese

This is my daily diet, it has been working for me for a while but I've recently hit a plateau. My fear is losing my legs with the weight loss so I'm trying to do everything in my power to prevent that. I currently do a split routine Upper body one day, REST, Lower body one day and then rest, and repeat. I'm unsure of my BF% at this time as its around 12 if I had to guess because my upper abs are clear and define, I have veins in my legs, chest, shoulders, neck, arms, and some in my oblique area. I do cardio on my two of my rest days usually for 30min.

My only problem is my lower abs and love handles. I can't get them to go away for NOTHING. I do know that if I hammer cardio every day and cut my calories they will go away as I've done it before but I lost EVERY BIT of leg and waist size. The summer I did that I got down to a 28" waist. Any help on how I can continue knocking this fat off without sacrificing my legs? I've thought about adding a fat burner but never been a fan of thermogenics because I have hyperhydrosis and it makes it incredibly worse. lol

My stats:
    Height: 6'1"
    Current Weight: 190ish lbs

I know this is long winded but I like to have everything out there for the individuals willing to help. Thanks

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why so many supplements? Eat real food

Looking at your meals, it looks like you're getting more protein than your body needs.

Lelaki Bangunan Seksi LengthyLifter's Avatar
    LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And ditch the BCAAs unless you're training fasted. Save your money.
    [Watdo? Crew] - GET HENCH!

android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50) android04 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been thinking about taking out the protien powder in meal 4 and adding in some Chicken to replace. I drink a shake in the morning because getting up at 4am and cooking before work is one hell of a task. Especially with a kid! Doing this would only limit me to Two Shakes a day.

Thanks for the replies guys
    Don't let anyone change YOU; Find YOU, Be YOU, Do YOU! If they love YOU then they l-o-v-e YOU....

benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in the same boat bro... My love handles/lower stomach are a pain in the ass. Since you can't spot reduce...the only thing to do is stay patient and continue eating at a deficit. They will show eventually..I hope haha
    How's your burger, bro?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by android04 View Post
    I've been thinking about taking out the protien powder in meal 4 and adding in some Chicken to replace. I drink a shake in the morning because getting up at 4am and cooking before work is one hell of a task. Especially with a kid! Doing this would only limit me to Two Shakes a day.

Thanks for the replies guys
    You could just wait until later and eat, therefore not having to worry about cooking before work
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ndr535 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have you tried interval training, i do it every now and then, as long as it doesnt mess with my leg days but its great for fat burning as well as preserving muscle mass.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You could just wait until later and eat, therefore not having to worry about cooking before work
    Yeah I was thinking about doing that. Just cook my eggs in the morning and eat them when I get to work along with the rest of my meal. Might try that starting this week.

Originally Posted by ndr535 View Post
    have you tried interval training, i do it every now and then, as long as it doesnt mess with my leg days but its great for fat burning as well as preserving muscle mass.
    You know I always tell myself I'm going to start doing some interval training but then I never go through with it. haha I'll do it a few times and then go back to normal boring cardio. If you don't mind me asking (if you do it) what durations do you do and for how long. I was doing walk 4min sprint 30sec (repeat) for a total of 25min.
    Don't let anyone change YOU; Find YOU, Be YOU, Do YOU! If they love YOU then they l-o-v-e YOU....

icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) icmedia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5 scoops of protein for your first meal of the day? There's 1200 calories right there; cut that down to 2, and you will be shaving off around 5000 calories a week...you'll probably see a difference in just a couple of weeks.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You may want to check this out: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the...n-fat-solution.

He describes an interesting approach using a cyclic ketogenic diet (weekly refeeds) to burn stubborn fat. I understand people have had a lot of success with it.

Originally Posted by icmedia View Post
    5 scoops of protein for your first meal of the day? There's 1200 calories right there; cut that down to 2, and you will be shaving off around 5000 calories a week...you'll probably see a difference in just a couple of weeks.
    Not sure if I confused everyone with my diet but my first meal was only 1.5 scoop. But thanks for looking out..

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    You may want to check this out:

He describes an interesting approach using a cyclic ketogenic diet (weekly refeeds) to burn stubborn fat. I understand people have had a lot of success with it.
    Thanks man I'll check this out now.

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how many calories is all this? that could be your problem.
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*