football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) football24/7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Taking a preworkout supplement before football game for energy

Taking a preworkout supplement before football game for energy , and adrenaline , good or bad , and it keeps you focused

konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is it?

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    all depends what is in it???
    Sleepy.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And where you play football at... NCAA still bans caffeine, I believe this includes energy drinks.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/complian...ducational.pdf

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    And where you play football at... NCAA still bans caffeine, I believe this includes energy drinks.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/complian...ducational.pdf
    They don't ban caffeine nor energy drinks. They ban excessive amounts of caffeine. The level your caffeine intake needs to be in order to get in trouble is something like 8 cups of coffee the day you take the piss test.

They dont actually ban caffeine. Student athletes are allowed to drink soda and coffee. They just ban caffeine "doping" but no one is going to drink that much coffee in that little time coincidentally an hour before you've been randomly selected for a piss test.

So to the OP, an energy drink isn't going to get you in trouble. The ncaa regulates stimulants, like caffeine, but you will only get in trouble if they are at an extremely excessive amount.

supposedly Jack3d has ingredients that are banned by the ncaa, but the d-1 team I was on, there were a few dozen people using jack3d and they never got in trouble. And that was probably because they werent taking the supp 5 times a day. Most just took it right before practice and right before games.
    Last edited by SDOptimist; 05-10-2012 at 12:41 AM.

willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250) willkacsur has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No matter what we say, OP will still do it.
    Arizona State '15

ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by football24/7 View Post
    Taking a preworkout supplement before football game for energy , and adrenaline , good or bad , and it keeps you focused
    What are you taking? I agree with the others here. It depends on what supplement you're taking. Generally those things get you hyped and pumped up. But when it wears out, you'll feel that like you're totally beat.
    -=*That Gal Zoey*=-

nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel like absolute garbage if I do high intensity cardio while I am amped up on caffeine. But that's me, you should try it to see how you like it.
    I got a vision for the life that's right in front of me
    I got a right, I got a reason, got a destiny
    I know exactly where I'm headed and I’m never looking back.

30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 30Sacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive done it before but it usually only lasts a quarter or 2. But try it see if it affects you different. The NO type stuff I didnt like as much before the games as Gatorade Prime, coffee

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    They don't ban caffeine nor energy drinks. They ban excessive amounts of caffeine. The level your caffeine intake needs to be in order to get in trouble is something like 8 cups of coffee the day you take the piss test.

They dont actually ban caffeine. Student athletes are allowed to drink soda and coffee. They just ban caffeine "doping" but no one is going to drink that much coffee in that little time coincidentally an hour before you've been randomly selected for a piss test.

So to the OP, an energy drink isn't going to get you in trouble. The ncaa regulates stimulants, like caffeine, but you will only get in trouble if they are at an extremely excessive amount.

supposedly Jack3d has ingredients that are banned by the ncaa, but the d-1 team I was on, there were a few dozen people using jack3d and they never got in trouble. And that was probably because they werent taking the supp 5 times a day. Most just took it right before practice and right before games.
    There's a difference between consuming soda or coffee daily and taking a preworkout sup before a game.

The bans for in game.. and yes there is a ban against some energy drinks in game. The amount banned equals about 5 cups of coffee... If you get tested with higher then allowed levels of caffeine you will be suspended.

Now as for jacked3 the old version with gernium oil (1,3, Dimethylamyaline) is on the banned list to, it's also banned by WADA. It also has a history of causing false positives on other drugs which will can get you suspended.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There's a difference between consuming soda or coffee daily and taking a preworkout sup before a game.

The bans for in game.. and yes there is a ban against some energy drinks in game. The amount banned equals about 5 cups of coffee... If you get tested with higher then allowed levels of caffeine you will be suspended.

Now as for jacked3 the old version with gernium oil (1,3, Dimethylamyaline) is on the banned list to, it's also banned by WADA. It also has a history of causing false positives on other drugs which will can get you suspended.
    You can drink an energy drink before a game. No energy drink is going to have the levels of caffeine in it that will get you in trouble. As for pre workout supps, yes I know its different than soda and coffee lol. But again, you would have to take extreme levels to get in trouble for caffeine levels. Now if that pre workout contains an ingredient that is banned, then that is a different story.

People just need to know the ingredients in the supplements they are taking. There are tons of effective pre workout/pre game supplements that dont contain any banned ingredients. And you can drink any of those energy drinks you get at gas stations or groccery stores. Some contain very high levels of caffeine, but yet still not enough to reach that level which will get you in trouble.

here is a very good article:
    http://150.174.33.55/~jjunot/special...rogrambook.pdf

As a NCAA student athlete, you rarely ever get tested. And when you do, you will be notified a couple days in advance. Its not like as you are running out onto the field for the game someone will grab you to take a test. The only time you will ever get tested at a game is during championship games, tourneys, bowl games, etc.

So ya if you are taking something actually illegal, like hgh or roids, then theres really no way around. Pretty simple, dont do it. But as for the caffeine level, you will never reach that banned level, and if you do, there is a near impossible chance of you getting pulled aside to take a piss test since most people take there pre workout right before games, and like I explained, you wont be tested anywhere around this time. And also, you are given a couple days in advance when you do have to take a test. Therefore, just dont take your pre workout supp that day if you are worried about its caffeine levels. As for other ingredients, thats your responsibility to find out if they are banned or not.

So in short, dont worry about the caffeine part of supplements. Worry about the other ingredients for your pre workout supp. If you are just taking an energy drink like Amp, red bull, rockstar, etc.. you won't test positive for them, even if you drink 10 of them prior to a game. Your caffeine level would be beyond that restricted level lol but like I said, you dont get tested prior to a game or during a game (unless its the post season, then you can get tested whenever)

The only way you will get in trouble for high levels of caffeine is if you purposely drink 5 red bulls prior to your piss test, which you were given 2 days in advance warning of that test. LOL so in other words, you would just be sabotaging yourself.

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    You can drink an energy drink before a game. No energy drink is going to have the levels of caffeine in it that will get you in trouble. As for pre workout supps, yes I know its different than soda and coffee lol. But again, you would have to take extreme levels to get in trouble for caffeine levels. Now if that pre workout contains an ingredient that is banned, then that is a different story.

People just need to know the ingredients in the supplements they are taking. There are tons of effective pre workout/pre game supplements that dont contain any banned ingredients. And you can drink any of those energy drinks you get at gas stations or groccery stores. Some contain very high levels of caffeine, but yet still not enough to reach that level which will get you in trouble.

here is a very good article:
    http://150.174.33.55/~jjunot/special...rogrambook.pdf

As a NCAA student athlete, you rarely ever get tested. And when you do, you will be notified a couple days in advance. Its not like as you are running out onto the field for the game someone will grab you to take a test. The only time you will ever get tested at a game is during championship games, tourneys, bowl games, etc.

So ya if you are taking something actually illegal, like hgh or roids, then theres really no way around. Pretty simple, dont do it. But as for the caffeine level, you will never reach that banned level, and if you do, there is a near impossible chance of you getting pulled aside to take a piss test since most people take there pre workout right before games, and like I explained, you wont be tested anywhere around this time. And also, you are given a couple days in advance when you do have to take a test. Therefore, just dont take your pre workout supp that day if you are worried about its caffeine levels. As for other ingredients, thats your responsibility to find out if they are banned or not.

So in short, dont worry about the caffeine part of supplements. Worry about the other ingredients for your pre workout supp. If you are just taking an energy drink like Amp, red bull, rockstar, etc.. you won't test positive for them, even if you drink 10 of them prior to a game. Your caffeine level would be beyond that restricted level lol but like I said, you dont get tested prior to a game or during a game (unless its the post season, then you can get tested whenever)

The only way you will get in trouble for high levels of caffeine is if you purposely drink 5 red bulls prior to your piss test, which you were given 2 days in advance warning of that test. LOL so in other words, you would just be sabotaging yourself.
    I do agree that people need to be informed about what they take, what the rules and what the possibilities are. What he does with that info is completely up to him.

But first whether he would test positive for high levels of caffeine would depend on great many factors.. including other fluid intake, his metabolism, ect.. that's on individuals to make that call.

IDK where he plays football but the players I know would get booted for taking anything and I mean anything without a couches or trainers permission.

Taurine and guarana are both very common in energy drinks and can cause you to pop on a test.

IMO caffeine not that great .. why bother, in to high a doses it actually hinders athletics. If he's having trouble getting through practice I suggest getting your ass out there and working harder.. build conditioning.

I do agree that people need to be informed about what they take, what the rules and what the possibilities are. What he does with that info is completely up to him.

But first whether he would test positive for high levels of caffeine would depend on great many factors.. including other fluid intake, his metabolism, ect.. that's on individuals to make that call.

IDK where he plays football but the players I know would get booted for taking anything and I mean anything without a couches or trainers permission.

Taurine and guarana are both very common in energy drinks and can cause you to pop on a test.

IMO caffeine not that great .. why bother, in to high a doses it actually hinders athletics. If he's having trouble getting through practice I suggest getting your ass out there and working harder.. build conditioning.
    I do agree. At this young of an age, if you need an energy supplement, then you have bigger things to worry about.

High levels of caffeine is bad and becoming dependent on caffeine can be bad. But low levels of caffeine has its benefits, well beyond just performance. plus completely cutting out caffeine is pretty hard to do. And is not something that is needed to be done.

But there really is no need to take an energy supplement prior to the game. You should have high adrenaline levels during games. If you don't, then you have bigger things to worry about.

If your body feels depleted and lack of energy, adding a supplement isn't a good idea. It's a sign that you need to fix your diet.

TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TFFHQ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by football24/7 View Post
    Pre-workouts are great for football games & practices. Just make sure the pre-workout you're taking is screened for banned substances & cross contamination.

Fast Fuel by RSP Nutrition is probably the most the safest & most effective concentrated pre-workout on the market. It's really popular among football players. You should check it out.

Registered User musclesglasses1's Avatar
    musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclesglasses1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Depends...

I have taken jack3d and c4 before games
    And i responded pretty well to it. It all depends On the person though, sometimes people will get too wirey, others will get more focused. But like the others had said before jack3d has an ingredient that is banned, so take caution.

rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10) rfc8man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I took a pre workout once before a rugby game and 30min in I started cramping up. I dont reccomend it.
    -You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.

jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdizzy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ive done it, didnt like it, too shaky. I had awesome rage and violence and hit like a mothafuggin truck but couldnt sit still for 2 seconds to focus

CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CAP-DE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdizzy21 View Post
    ive done it, didnt like it, too shaky. I had awesome rage and violence and hit like a mothafuggin truck but couldnt sit still for 2 seconds to focus
    lol im sure you did at 145 pounds

Jumps over a bar for fun Highjumper21's Avatar
    Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000) Highjumper21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like everyone says it all depends on what's in it.
    I personally have started using focus xt (it's not really a pwo, more of a nootropic) but I really like the way it makes me feel and when track starts ill be drinking that before a meet. It's got some caffiene in it but all the ingredients are legal and good by ncaa standards.

That's what I use but if what your taking is legal by federal and ncaa standards then I'd say you're ok to take it but ethically and morally is another story.

Team MuscleTech Athlete ThaWeezord's Avatar
    ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000) ThaWeezord is just really nice. (+1000)
    I take a pre before hockey sometimes. Depends on how you respond personally. If you don't crash and it doesnt hurt your stomach then go for it. I use Nano Vapor with no issue. I have C4 and Rage too. Nano gives me better pumps but rage good energy.
    ******official misc photography crew ******
    ***Extreme Dips Crew***
    ****Team MuscleTech****

Instagram @the_robbins #ruaware

If you build it....

MY original huge FAT-FIT transformation thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113690821

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CAP-DE View Post
    lol im sure you did at 145 pounds
    He can't hear you from a year ago.

JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeHemi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Inb4 this one time I took a pre before a game and got my dee stuck in a fan
    Who will positively change the health and fitness of New Zealanders....This guy

There's peanut butter on my face

With my measley reps, are you even bothered that I rep back