underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Feel dehydrated all the time

Since I started lifting weights again after 5 months off, I started feeling run down and dehydrated all the time. I always feel lightheaded, dry mouth, cant concentrate, feel anxious and fatigued all day. I'm usually a very hyperactive guy, so this is very strange and alarming.

No matter how much water I drink I feel dehydrated. My urine is even clear. What else could I try?

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by underdawg17 View Post
    Since I started lifting weights again after 5 months off, I started feeling run down and dehydrated all the time. I always feel lightheaded, dry mouth, cant concentrate, feel anxious and fatigued all day. I'm usually a very hyperactive guy, so this is very strange and alarming.

No matter how much water I drink I feel dehydrated. My urine is even clear. What else could I try?
    if you are thirsty , drink. its your body telling you to drink.

underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by magician27 View Post
    if you are thirsty , drink. its your body telling you to drink.
    But it's not normal thirst signals. I have headaches, nausea, no appetite, and lightheadedness. I've went to a doctor and they did blood work, took blood pressure, checked blood sugar and everything was normal. They said I was fine, but I don't feel fine. I just don't know what else to do.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A sign of fatigue perhaps. Visit your doctor, we are not qualified to diagnose you through the internet.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    A sign of fatigue perhaps. Visit your doctor, we are not qualified to diagnose you through the internet.
    I've seen my doc like 3 times already and he couldn't seem to find anything wrong with me. He thinks it's anxiety related and that It's just in my head, but my symptoms are very physical.

Should I try deloading? I've been on Starting Strength for about 8 weeks straight. Maybe that's the problem?

maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you having enough food?? did you try to cut down salty food?
    Knowledge is Power
    Target weight = 75kg
    Target BF = 15%

Originally Posted by maXmood View Post
    you having enough food?? did you try to cut down salty food?
    I actually raised my salty foods because they were low before. Raising them makes me feel a little better and not do lightheaded, but still have symptoms.

I basically feel like I have flu-like symptoms.

I'm trying to recomp/lean bulk in this program. I'm guessing this program isn't good for that? Should I change to a less stressful program?
    Last edited by underdawg17; 03-31-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How much water do you actually drink?

Originally Posted by Mncdk View Post
    How much water do you actually drink?
    I would say 10-12 cups of water a day.

I really doubt it's dehydration though because I also feel like I have the flu but really don't have it.

Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard that unquenchable thirst and fatigue could be a sign of diabetes...(srs)
    Shut up. We eatin.

Originally Posted by Elivate55 View Post
    I heard that unquenchable thirst and fatigue could be a sign of diabetes...(srs)
    This is why I went to my doc to check on that. My glucose was fine and he said I have no signs of diabetes.

Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Elivate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is why I went to my doc to check on that. My glucose was fine and he said I have no signs of diabetes.
    Well to me it either sounds like it is in your head like your doctor said (trust me i have some anxiety i take an ssri everyday) Anxiety can play huge tricks on the body, think about it its an affliction of the mind which controls everything. My advice would be cut stimulants, relax for a day or two and see if you feel better. You could also just be getting sick.
    Shut up. We eatin.

jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jblaze88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you taking creatine? I had the same problem when I was on it. I would literally feel dehydrated all the time even right after chugging a bottle of water and drinking water all day. I was accidentally taking way more than you are supposed to though...didnt realize it was in my protein powder. I stopped taking it altogether anyway because it didnt seem to do much for me and the issue went away. So if you are taking creatine, check to see how much you are taking/stop taking it altogether and see if the issue goes away.

Also, you might be getting too much caffeine and/or not enough sleep.

Originally Posted by jblaze88 View Post
    Are you taking creatine? I had the same problem when I was on it. I would literally feel dehydrated all the time even right after chugging a bottle of water and drinking water all day. I was accidentally taking way more than you are supposed to though...didnt realize it was in my protein powder. I stopped taking it altogether anyway because it didnt seem to do much for me and the issue went away. So if you are taking creatine, check to see how much you are taking/stop taking it altogether and see if the issue goes away.

Also, you might be getting too much caffeine and/or not enough sleep.
    I don't take caffeine nor creatine anymore. During Spring break I slept about 8 hours every day for a week and still felt tired.

I don't believe this is anxiety either. Basically I feel burned out... I have low sex drive, feel exhausted, have headaches, feel nauseous, have no appetite, feel weak and lightheaded, have low energy. I've even noticed I'm not as social as before. I just feel physically and mentally drained.

djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you recently started any new meds? Are you on any anxiety related meds currently such as SSRI's? Why do you say you don't believe it is anxiety? Anxiety is obviously linked with depression as well (only pointed out the depression due to some of those symptoms). I've experienced some of those same symptoms, some as a result of anxiety and others as a result of anxiety-related meds. But none of those included headaches, nausea or lack of appetite. Did he check your thyroid? You seem young for that to be the issue, but it's definitely not unheard of either. You said you started lifting again after 5 months off-when did you start back? Are you experienced an abnormally high level of stress? Almost sounds like the CNS is being overtaxed, but the symptoms are pretty scattered around.
    Last edited by djlank9; 03-31-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Originally Posted by djlank9 View Post
    Have you recently started any new meds? Are you on any anxiety related meds currently such as SSRI's? Why do you say you don't believe it is anxiety? Anxiety is obviously linked with depression as well (only pointed out the depression due to some of those symptoms). I've experienced some of those same symptoms, some as a result of anxiety and others as a result of anxiety-related meds. But none of those included headaches, nausea or lack of appetite. Did he check your thyroid? You seem young for that to be the issue, but it's definitely not unheard of either. You said you started lifting again after 5 months off-when did you start back? Are you experienced an abnormally high level of stress? Almost sounds like the CNS is being overtaxed, but the symptoms are pretty scattered around.
    No I don't take any medications currently. I do have ADHd but I don't like taking medication for it.

I started lifting again 8 weeks ago. Before that I had 3 years of lifting under my belt. I had been used to various programs such as PHAT, UPPER LOWER, 5/3/1, and SS before. I don't know why I feel like this now.

I lost most of my size so I pretty much had to restart. My progress has been fast up until now that my lifts are starting to stall. I just feel like my CNS is fried for some reason. I feel fatigued in a way that I've never felt ever before.

johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100) johnypogo is not very well liked. (-100)
    What does your workout routine look like and how often do you go?

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your dietary fat intake?

djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000) djlank9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It almost sounds like what I've read with overtraining. That term gets thrown around a lot, too much really considering it's hard to do. But I have read experiences of people who really did seem to qualify for it and it seemed similar. But I don't see how that would make sense given you just started back. I'll search around and see if I can find anything that may make more sense.

Originally Posted by Follix View Post
    What is your dietary fat intake?
    I have about 60g fat a day. I'm going to raise it to 75g and see how I feel afterwards.

Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My guess is the problem is with the quality of water you are drinking. This is a very common problem with people who drink RO filtered water all the time. Especially if you follow a low salt diet, use processed table salt, or eat processed foods that also use table salt.

Try adding a pinch of sea salt to each glass of water you drink....or find someone with good well water to get your water from. You should really be adding sea salt to taste on everything you eat. Please don't mistake this with table salt that has all the electrolytes/minerals removed.
    …we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe

Registered User ketchuponthedog's Avatar
    ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't take caffeine nor creatine anymore. During Spring break I slept about 8 hours every day for a week and still felt tired.

I don't believe this is anxiety either. Basically I feel burned out... I have low sex drive, feel exhausted, have headaches, feel nauseous, have no appetite, feel weak and lightheaded, have low energy. I've even noticed I'm not as social as before. I just feel physically and mentally drained.
    Not a doctor but it sounds like Low T levels. Not saying this is for sure. Do you eat enough good fats? If you think you are overtraining try a deload and see if you feel better.

Originally Posted by ketchuponthedog View Post
    Not a doctor but it sounds like Low T levels. Not saying this is for sure. Do you eat enough good fats? If you think you are overtraining try a deload and see if you feel better.
    That's what I'm thinking too... I'm going to increase my fats to 75g for a few days and see how I feel.

The thing that confuses me the most is that these "depression-like" symptoms occurred a few weeks after starting my training again. I was very active and energetic one week, then the next I started to feel different and more tired and down.

Hopefully it is the fats that are the problem.
    Last edited by underdawg17; 04-01-2014 at 02:53 PM.

dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dnold55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Overtraining, undereating? Low T levels - if you masterbate too much then definitely cut that down. The added fat theory sounds like a good try
    Out with the old, in with the new.

Started at 340+ in 2009
    Currently 240 4/29/2014

Bulking currently!

forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000) forresterac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow. You're symptoms describe how I feel to a tee. Some weeks it's worse than others. By the time the weekend rolls around all I want to do is lay around. I too feel like I have low T for someone who is 26. No interest in going out, picking up girls etc. I work out M-F and do a long run or two on the weekends. I get around 60g fat total, all healthy, a day. I've tried upping it, but never stick to it. It's all mental in my case. It started with doing IIFYM. I could do the fasting, but when it came time to actually eat my cals, I couldn't bring myself to eat that much at one time. I've started adding back in small breakfast and good snacks, but the majority of my cals need to come post workout at dinner and post dinner; and I just can't mentally make myself eat them. Sounds dumb, but that's just where I'm at mentally. I'm not trying to take over the thread, but you could be in my boat..not eating enough and not taking enough rest. I'm 6'1.5", 168-172, and shoot for 1700-1800 cals a day (160p/60f/120c). I realize the macros don't add up to the cals, that's because I usually have around 1000 left pwo and just can't mentally allow myself to eat them. Are you on a low carb diet? I think that's part of my problem too. I've tried several times to transition off a low carb diet, but just absolutely blow up. Sorry for rambling just thought this might help. Could be dehydration? My boss actually said something that scared the crap out of me the other day..after work he pulled me aside and asked if I was alright, that I was looking a little yellow..this freaked me out because I actually felt pretty good that week. I hope my symptoms might help shed some light on yours.
    Last edited by forresterac; 04-01-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: added symptoms

Originally Posted by forresterac View Post
    Wow. You're symptoms describe how I feel to a tee. Some weeks it's worse than others. By the time the weekend rolls around all I want to do is lay around. I too feel like I have low T for someone who is 26. No interest in going out, picking up girls etc. I work out M-F and do a long run or two on the weekends. I get around 60g fat total, all healthy, a day. I've tried upping it, but never stick to it. It's all mental in my case. It started with doing IIFYM. I could do the fasting, but when it came time to actually eat my cals, I couldn't bring myself to eat that much at one time. I've started adding back in small breakfast and good snacks, but the majority of my cals need to come post workout at dinner and post dinner; and I just can't mentally make myself eat them. Sounds dumb, but that's just where I'm at mentally. I'm not trying to take over the thread, but you could be in my boat..not eating enough and not taking enough rest. I'm 6'1.5", 168-172, and shoot for 1700-1800 cals a day (160p/60f/120c). I realize the macros don't add up to the cals, that's because I usually have around 1000 left pwo and just can't mentally allow myself to eat them. Are you on a low carb diet? I think that's part of my problem too. I've tried several times to transition off a low carb diet, but just absolutely blow up. Sorry for rambling just thought this might help. Could be dehydration? My boss actually said something that scared the crap out of me the other day..after work he pulled me aside and asked if I was alright, that I was looking a little yellow..this freaked me out because I actually felt pretty good that week. I hope my symptoms might help shed some light on yours.

I managed to eat 82g of fat yesterday and today I feel better than I have the past 2 weeks. Maybe it'll take a few days for my T-levels to normalize or something, I hope. I'll give it a fee days or so.

Registered User ketchuponthedog's Avatar
    ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10) ketchuponthedog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I managed to eat 82g of fat yesterday and today I feel better than I have the past 2 weeks. Maybe it'll take a few days for my T-levels to normalize or something, I hope. I'll give it a fee days or so.
    I eat at least 100g of fat a day. Avocados, peanut butter, milk, and eggs with the yolk.

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by forresterac View Post
    Why the hell a guy your size would eat 1700-1800 cals a day?

Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mncdk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Maybe he's cutting.

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drink more water
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"