Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question New movement for decline press?

Today I was doing BB decline presses, one of the members from the gym approached me and said "You want to get the best out of this movement?"

Now I normally don't take advice from anyone as I have been doing this forever, but this guy had a truly impressive build (I have seen him in the gym before and I could tell he is ready for a show) which to me speaks volumes.

So he told me to drop the weight and instead of bringing the bar down to my nipples (how I have always been doing decline bench) he said to bring it down to the bridge of my nose, flaring the elbows back and then when pressing the weight up, press it away from my nose ending even with the bottom of my chest.

I did this and the stretch at the bottom of my chest and the contraction at the top was retarded.

Now I don't know if this is a movement that others have tried, but it is new to me and I am not going to say it makes any difference as I just did it today, but I am going to continue doing it and see what kind of results I achieve.

Have any of you heard of doing the movement in this fashion?
    On the list for Bannukah

sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Today I was doing BB decline presses, one of the members from the gym approached me and said "You want to get the best out of this movement?"

Now I normally don't take advice from anyone as I have been doing this forever, but this guy had a truly impressive build (I have seen him in the gym before and I could tell he is ready for a show) which to me speaks volumes.

So he told me to drop the weight and instead of bringing the bar down to my nipples (how I have always been doing decline bench) he said to bring it down to the bridge of my nose, flaring the elbows back and then when pressing the weight up, press it away from my nose ending even with the bottom of my chest.

I did this and the stretch at the bottom of my chest and the contraction at the top was retarded.

Now I don't know if this is a movement that others have tried, but it is new to me and I am not going to say it makes any difference as I just did it today, but I am going to continue doing it and see what kind of results I achieve.

How does this feel on your shoulders? My left shoulder is shot so I've gotta watch my movements on benching.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    How does this feel on your shoulders? My left shoulder is shot so I've gotta watch my movements on benching.
    Actually the shoulders don't really come into play.
    On the list for Bannukah

sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually the shoulders don't really come into play.
    Nice. I'll have to try this. I've been looking to lower the weights and do reps slower, so this is a perfect time to try.

Thanks for sharing.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

That's a new one on me.

At least you gave it a fair trial, but as with a lot of such variants, they work okay for some people, and don't do jack (or even cause injury) for others.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    Nice. I'll have to try this. I've been looking to lower the weights and do reps slower, so this is a perfect time to try.

Thanks for sharing.
    Anytime.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    That's a new one on me.

At least you gave it a fair trial, but as with a lot of such variants, they work okay for some people, and don't do jack (or even cause injury) for others.
    Yup, like I said I very rarely if ever take advice from people on training I sure as hell can hold my own in the workout department.

But one thing he said that caught my eye, not sure if he was pulling my leg, but he said he got that movement from Sergio.

Again, it takes a lot for me to change things up, but I thought what the hell, I have been doing this for a long time, not going to hurt me to try something new.

One thing I do advocate, if you are training month after month and you don't look any different, you are doing something wrong.
    On the list for Bannukah

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for passing this along John. I have been doing those the same way that you were. I'll try this variation and see how it feels for me.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    Thanks for passing this along John. I have been doing those the same way that you were. I'll try this variation and see how it feels for me.
    Definitely drop the weight for control man. He told me of course you will move up in weight but for now use a light weight till the body adapts, which makes perfect sense.

Not that I would try a new movement with a heavy weight
    On the list for Bannukah

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not that I would try a new movement with a heavy weight
    You? Never!
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I posted a variation using decline hammer strength from a Charles glass training vid but not a barbell, sounds interesting though. Trying to envision lowering to the nose from that position.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It sounds like a decline version of the guillotine press, which was popularized by Vince Gironda. The Guillotine press is a flat bench press in which the elbows are flared out and the bar comes down to the neck.

Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That's real similar to the chest dip made popular by Vince Gironda. Same as a tricep dip but you turn around and keep your toes in front of your nose. Once you can do your own weight comfortably, add a weight belt. Pretty awesome results!!
    The first and the best victory is to conquer self. To be conquered by self is, of all things, the most shameful and vile. — Plato

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Elbows flared sounds like a shoulder killer to me.

And bring the bar down above my face? No thanks...
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MarauderBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post

And bring the bar down above my face? No thanks...
    Gonna have to go with this. Shoulders getting damaged is one of the top things we have to watchout for.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So he told me to drop the weight and instead of...etc

right...ahem......hmmmmm.....just sayin'..........

lol
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You aren't 18 years old... you should know by now that any elbow flare past 45 degrees from the shoulder or touching a bar any higher than the nipple on any type of press = wear and tear on your rotator cuffs. Come on bro. I would have flat told this person the biomechanical issues with this, that she is giving bad advice that will hurt people, and would have sat her down for an entire lecture on shoulder rotation and function. LoL

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    You aren't 18 years old... you should know by now that any elbow flare past 45 degrees from the shoulder or touching a bar any higher than the nipple on any type of press = wear and tear on your rotator cuffs.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^I have to agree with these guys. If you continue with these, I would be interested to know if you develop any shoulder issues. Let us know.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I tried them today. Not a fan so far, but I gave them a shot. May re-visit.

LOL, didn't I tell you guys I don't take advice from people on working out? Why would I take it from people online?????

I am giving this a go, I will let you guys know in 3 months or so if I like it or not.
    On the list for Bannukah

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL, didn't I tell you guys I don't take advice from people on working out? Why would I take it from people online?????

I am giving this a go, I will let you guys know in 3 months or so if I like it or not.
    Good night sweet rotator cuffs.

Good night sweet rotator cuffs.
    Do I look that f'cking fragile to you?
    On the list for Bannukah

Do I look that f'cking fragile to you?
    Are you a member of the species homo sapien? Do you have the rotator cuffs you were born with or did you have them replaced with titanium? If yes to the first two and no to the later, doing any type of press with elbows flared and/or above your nipple isn't wise (basic human phisiology). Not even a matter of hardcore. It is also hardcore to shoot yourself in the foot with a shotgun before you squat, but it isn't going to benefit your physique, strength or longevity.

Are you a member of the species homo sapien? Do you have the rotator cuffs you were born with or did you have them replaced with titanium? If yes to the first two and no to the later, doing any type of press with elbows flared and/or above your nipple isn't wise (basic human phisiology). Not even a matter of hardcore. It is also hardcore to shoot yourself in the foot with a shotgun before you squat, but it isn't going to benefit your physique, strength or longevity.
    LOL you are a funny guy huh?

Let me ask you something, so you are telling me, that if I start doing this for 3 months, my rotator cuff are are suddenly going to get f'cked up, really?

Dude, I have no intentions of lifting extremely heavy and putting that much stress on my shoulders.

I am going for a lighter weight, focusing on using my chest to contract, if I start feeling any discomfort on my shoulders I will stop.

Thanks for the warning though.
    On the list for Bannukah

LOL you are a funny guy huh?

Let me ask you something, so you are telling me, that if I start doing this for 3 months, my rotator cuff are are suddenly going to get f'cked up, really?

Dude, I have no intentions of lifting extremely heavy and putting that much stress on my shoulders.

I am going for a lighter weight, focusing on using my chest to contract, if I start feeling any discomfort on my shoulders I will stop.

Thanks for the warning though.
    It is the cumulative effect. You could also lift heavy for the next 20 years correctly and not have to worry about it. If you build your flat bench up to 405 for reps, with good chest contact and keep your scapula retracted, your pecs would be as well developed as you could ever get them, and doing it with proper technique and elbow tuck will not destroy your rotators. So let me ask you a question on this... what will doing these weird shoulder grinding declines with 185 lbs do for your pecs that 405 done with correct form and pec stimulation would not do for your pecs in terms of development? Just like when people go on and on about some extention and I tell them build up their pressing power... what will a cable extention do for your tricep development that a 500 lbs board press will not?

Using piss poor technique that compromises joints + using less weight =/= better progress. More weight, more overload with perfect methods/form/technique that put the least stress on fragile joints =/= best possible progress.

Just points to consider.

It is the cumulative effect. You could also lift heavy for the next 20 years correctly and not have to worry about it. If you build your flat bench up to 405 for reps, with good chest contact and keep your scapula retracted, your pecs would be as well developed as you could ever get them, and doing it with proper technique and elbow tuck will not destroy your rotators. So let me ask you a question on this... what will doing these weird shoulder grinding declines with 185 lbs do for your pecs that 405 done with correct form and pec stimulation would not do for your pecs in terms of development? Just like when people go on and on about some extention and I tell them build up their pressing power... what will a cable extention do for your tricep development that a 500 lbs board press will not?

Using piss poor technique that compromises joints + using less weight =/= better progress. More weight, more overload with perfect methods/form/technique that put the least stress on fragile joints =/= best possible progress.

Just points to consider.
    I have been training for a while, change is good. Not here to debate with you one way or the other as you will not change my mind nor I yours.

I say, I will do what is best for me you do what you feel is best for you. Win win, no?
    On the list for Bannukah

I have been training for a while, change is good. Not here to debate with you one way or the other as you will not change my mind nor I yours.

I say, I will do what is best for me you do what you feel is best for you. Win win, no?
    Oh to each their own, brojackson. I don't get worried if people want to train a certain way... was just food for thought. Can we still be friends? (no homo)

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not trying to knock down the movement but for me keeping elbows under the bar while benching I feel it more in my shoulders, elbows in feel it in my chest and triceps but to answer your question no.

Oh to each their own, brojackson. I don't get worried if people want to train a certain way... was just food for thought. Can we still be friends? (no homo)
    LOL, did we ever go on a date?

No biggie man, I like to experiment, when you been training as long as I have change sometimes seems to work
    On the list for Bannukah

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with others about this possibly leading to shoulder problems. I know for sure mine would protest as they are made of glass. Also, am I the only one here who has concerns about lowering a loaded barbell to the bridge of my nose on a decline bench? I'm playing out the possible worst case scenarios in my head and none of them look good. I def wouldn't use a false grip on these.

What kind of weight are you using on these compared to what you'd normally use lowering the bar to your nips? I'd like to know what you think of this exercise after a couple of months.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    I agree with others about this possibly leading to shoulder problems. I know for sure mine would protest as they are made of glass. Also, am I the only one here who has concerns about lowering a loaded barbell to the bridge of my nose on a decline bench? I'm playing out the possible worst case scenarios in my head and none of them look good. I def wouldn't use a false grip on these.

What kind of weight are you using on these compared to what you'd normally use lowering the bar to your nips? I'd like to know what you think of this exercise after a couple of months.
    Doing suicide grip with 315+ on decline, without a spotter, is how you know you are hardcore. Your muscles are literally terrified into growing larger and stronger becuase they know if anything goes wrong or they fail, you will die. This is what is refered to in some circles as "fear-based bodybuilding/hypertrophy".