Registered User etherHATESether's Avatar
    etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Personal Training job at LA Fitness

Good? Bad? Mediocre?

I'm going in tomorrow. The manager wants to assess what I know and how I work, and will hire me based on that. Is this a decent place for a newly certified personal trainer to work?

Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by etherHATESether View Post
    Good? Bad? Mediocre?

I'm going in tomorrow. The manager wants to assess what I know and how I work, and will hire me based on that. Is this a decent place for a newly certified personal trainer to work?
    Heard nothing but complaints. Was in a group interview at another gym today with an LA fitness head trainer. They pay horribly, they treat the workers pretty badly, it's an all out mess. The only perk is you don't have to sell as a trainer.

etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50) etherHATESether will become famous soon enough. (+50)

That's what I was afraid of

Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fims will become famous soon enough. (+50)

That's what I was afraid of
    To get your feet wet into the business, I don't see why not. I was even thinking about it, but LA Fitness is definitely going to be on the lower part of my list.

110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 110naturalfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well it is a private corporation that has recently doubled its size during the real estate boom. They have also just bought out a significant amount of Bally’s locations in an attempt to create a natural monopoly and increase revenue streams to existing locations that are swimming in debt.

The unemployment rate is 8.1% officially and over 20% unofficially (88 million people capable of working are not working or on the relief roll).

Put these things together and you are looking at a Co. that needs to cut costs to cover its newly acquired liabilities, and has a surplus labor market.

What to expect: You will set your own schedule, but have to provide at least 20 hrs. People only train when they don’t work (5am to 8am) and 3pm to 9pm on average, so expect to work split schedules spread through out the day.

You will only be paid 6 per session when you train. If you book 8 hrs but are given clients at 6am, 8am, and 6pm. You will be paid only 18 dollars even though your schedule is stretched out the whole day.

They will overstaff (at 6 a session they can afford to). You will never work 40 or even 20 hrs, even if you spend 80 hrs at the club simply because you will have 5 other trainers competing for the same 20 clients.

Train there if you have to, and if you do use it to your advantage. Build a reputation and client base, get everyone’s number and future referrals. Then move out to another gym or on your own.

Thanks for the input. Doesn't sound great tbh.

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the input. Doesn't sound great tbh.
    No, if you're just starting out this is a great place to start. It's pure training, no selling. You make your own hours, you come in only to train your clients and you can do your own thing with them. It's 30 minute sessions mainly and very good experience for you when you're training all your clients back to back, it's faced paced and in a crowded gym constantly going from client to client you eventually learn how to "wing it" (you have to constantly) and still give your clients great workouts. If you're a good trainer, seems as if the majority are not at la though (which would be good for you, clients can go to any trainer), it will force you to be able to improvise on the spot without even thinking, considering their are countless exercise variations for any movement, and still deliver results to your clients.

Then, you have all your clients information, and you can go from there. If you find better a spot or go independent, they know where you are.

You're just starting out so take what you can get, better this than a place where you will be spending the majority of your time looking for potential clients and trying to close them.
    Last edited by JustiNtense; 05-09-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails