GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fish Oil - EPA, DHA, oh my! How much is enough?

I'm taking fish oil, but I'm not exactly sure how much I need to get per day. They say 2g a day. Is that 2g of fish oil? or 2g of total Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA + DHA)?

I have no idea!

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GarlR View Post
    I'm taking fish oil, but I'm not exactly sure how much I need to get per day. They say 2g a day. Is that 2g of fish oil? or 2g of total Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA + DHA)?

I have no idea!
    Total Omega 3 fatty acids is not the same as EPA + DHA

Shoot for 2-3g of JUST EPA + DHA.

Make sure to look at the label:
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Let's compare.

Here is a fish oil product sold at Costco:

Let's look at what each cap gives you from a EPA/DHA standpoint:

See, you still don't even know for sure how much EPA/DHA you are getting because that 300 mg also contains some unknown amount of "other Omega 3."

Here is a screen shot of Nature Made (Wal-Mart brand) fish oil cap

Here is a screen shot of CL Orange OxiMega label

When I buy fishoils, I ignore the Total Omega 3 info and go straight to looking for the EPA + DHA breakdown. I also go for a 2:1 or 3:2 ratio
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarlR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by powercage View Post
    Total Omega 3 fatty acids is not the same as EPA + DHA

Shoot for 2-3g of JUST EPA + DHA.

Make sure to look at the label:

When I buy fishoils, I ignore the Total Omega 3 info and go straight to looking for the EPA + DHA breakdown. I also go for a 2:1 or 3:2 ratio
    Ok I bought the NOW Omega-3 caps (500 softgels) and it has total of 680 MG of Omega 3. 360 mg EPA, and 240 DHA. (80 mg of "other" omega 3) for 2 pills (1 serving)

I am taking 6 a day. That should net me roughly of 2g of EPA/DHA....which means I'm good. Correct?

Also if that is okay, it recommends taking only 2 caps 1-3 times a day. I find it easier to take 3 caps 2 times a day. I don't think it would make much a difference, but it might.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok I bought the NOW Omega-3 caps (500 softgels) and it has total of 680 MG of Omega 3. 360 mg EPA, and 240 DHA. (80 mg of "other" omega 3) for 2 pills (1 serving)

I am taking 6 a day. That should net me roughly of 2g of EPA/DHA....which means I'm good. Correct?

Also if that is okay, it recommends taking only 2 caps 1-3 times a day. I find it easier to take 3 caps 2 times a day. I don't think it would make much a difference, but it might.
    That's fine. You can actually get away with taking only 4 throughout the day, since each one has a total of 600mg combined EPA/DHA. 4 pills=2.4g combined.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Originally Posted by TheGilmore View Post
    That's fine. You can actually get away with taking only 4 throughout the day, since each one has a total of 600mg combined EPA/DHA. 4 pills=2.4g combined.
    What? 1 serving with 600mg combined EPA/DHA with 2 pills. 4 pills = 1.2g?

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It depends on your diet, crazy as it sounds you can actually get EFA's through food
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    It depends on your diet, crazy as it sounds you can actually get EFA's through food
    Salmon is expensive to eat everyday. (As well as the other fatty fish)

Why can't tilapia be high in omega 3s? lol

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This read my help you op
    http://www.alanaragon.com/fish-oil.html

here is another about fats in general
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...ory/index.html
    "It's astounding it's not worse than it is."

SillieBazzillie about the markets 10/3/2023

GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GetRippedInc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    INB4 Norcal Mike suggesting canned tuna fish pills
    Such much Placebo in here.

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What? 1 serving with 600mg combined EPA/DHA with 2 pills. 4 pills = 1.2g?
    Oops, I read that as 1 pill. Carry on then.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

I don't understand? That isn't the product I have?

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Salmon also doesnt have much EPA. It's mainly DHA

Id try to get as much as I could from real food tho. Cant beat whole food nutrition
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GetRippedInc View Post
    INB4 Norcal Mike suggesting canned tuna fish pills
    Wtf LOL
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I hear ya but you don't have to eat it every day, just a few times per week and salmon is a top notch protein source so it's a win-win. There is also sardines and other fish that are not that expensive. Whole food first and then you can supplement the rest.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    I hear ya but you don't have to eat it every day, just a few times per week and salmon is a top notch protein source so it's a win-win. There is also sardines and other fish that are not that expensive. Whole food first and then you can supplement the rest.
    That is rough to do. In 2 weeks, I will be working FOUR 12 hour shifts a week, 2 days a week of class, and 1 day off. I simply don't have the time, or the cash. (2 of those work days is a non-paid internship)

And I only get paid $9.50 an hour.