slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

recommendation for new bicep workout

Hi

I want to change my bicep workouts because i want to stimulate new muscle fibres to help promote new growth. also currently i'm doing barbell biceps on the straight bar and its putting ALOT of strain on my left wrist leading to minor aches/pains. Currently i am doing:

Hammer curls 21kg (46 lb)
    Concentrate dumbbell bicep curls 19kg (42 lb)
    Barbell bicep curls 60kg (132 lb)

My workout is mass building so 3 sets of each workout with heaviest weight (4-6reps) middle weight (5-7reps) & lightests weights (6-8). I reduce the weights by 2kg (4.4 lb) each time.
    I use to do 21's with the barbell and found them very effective. I would like a workout to substitute the barbell curls as this is the one putting all the strain on my left wrist.
    My aim is to still bulk and build mass of my arms. Can anyone recommend me a good workout. Thanks

Jay

Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Da1111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To build lots of mass, you need to lift lots of weight.

Try this workout once a month to stimulate maximum gains!

Barbell Bicep Curls 10 sets of 10 reps.
    Incline Dumbbell Curls 10 sets of 10 reps.
    Cable Preacher Curls 10 sets of 10 reps.

Try it out, and tell me how you like it!

Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Belivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Da1111 View Post
    To build lots of mass, you need to lift lots of weight.

Try this workout once a month to stimulate maximum gains!

Barbell Bicep Curls 10 sets of 10 reps.
    Incline Dumbbell Curls 10 sets of 10 reps.
    Cable Preacher Curls 10 sets of 10 reps.

Try it out, and tell me how you like it!
    30 sets for biceps not sure if srs?

U can try Biceps cable curls,Cable hammer curls with rope and Preacher Curls with Dumbels/barbel also Preacher hammer curls.

kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kristianallen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here are some suggestions for the biceps
    Concentration Curls
    1. Sit on edge of bench with feet flat on the floor.
    2. Holding dumbbell place elbow on inside of thigh, just above knee.
    3. Curl dumbbell up towards your face. Do not swing back as you lift the weight.
    4. Slowly lower the weight and repeat for desired number of reps before switching arms.

Preacher Curls
    1. Set bench so back rest is approx 45 degrees.
    2. Stand behind the bench. Holding dumbbell rest back of upper arm on back rest, arm fully extended.
    3. Keep back of upper arm against back rest and curl dumbbell up towards face.
    4. Slowly lower dumbbell until arm is not quite fully extended and repeat for desired number of reps before switching arms.

Hammer Curls
    1. Stand upright with dumbells at sides.
    2. Turn palms inward so they face body.
    3. Curl dumbbells up slowly keeping your elbows close to sides.

My favorite: Decline Seated Dumbbell Curls
    1. Adjust bench to a 45 degree incline.
    2. Hold dumbbells at sides. Arms should be fully extended.
    3. Keep elbows close to body and curl weight up by bending elblows.
    4. Slowly lower dumbbells and repeat.

Try doing supersets of these which means after doing one excerise do the other one no break or do three sets of the same excerise no break but up the weight 5 pounds and lower the reps 5 times each set.
    For example for decline seated dumbbell curls start off curling 20 pounders do it for a total of 20 reps on each arm then do 25 pounders for a total of 15 reps each are then do 30 pounders for 10 reps each arm. Trust me it burns alot and it works.

I appreciate the rep thanks!

ddeheza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddeheza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddeheza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddeheza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddeheza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ddeheza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok first of all your not gonna stimulate new muscle fibers!
    when doing biceps your always moving your arm generally in one direction, so if your regarding to put on some mass im guessing building muscle right?
    For strength generally the rep scheme should be around (3-5), for hypertrophy generally the rep scheme should be around (8-12) there's different types of hypertrophy but ill keep it simple

to build muscle you basically have to be eating in a calorie surplus unless your a noobie in the gym so your diet and recovery play big factors in this as well

When regarding stimulating muscle fibers you might be regarding to feeling the pump right? you don't feel the pump because your muscle fibers are used to it? well the pump doesn't matter and soreness the day after or the following day (DOMS) also doesn't prove to correleate with muscle growth

To change up your routine, change the rep scheme a little, do rest pause methods ( look it up) or include drop sets or supersets to "stimulate new muscle fibers lol"
    Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat

*Currently Bulking*

slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slizza786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you very much for these fast advice guys, i will definitely gradually give them all a try and see which i can cope with. Again thank you!