Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Stubborn Fat (love handles, lower abdominals, hips/thighs, etc)

I'd like to address the issue of "stubborn" fat. I'm referring to love handles and lower abs for men; hips/thighs for women.

What I'm about to share is not original, nor is it comprehensive. But I keep seeing similar questions come up here in this section of the forum and maybe this will help.

Let me first make this point: you don’t need to worry about “problem areas” until you have already achieved relatively low body fat. Like it or not, “stubborn” fat will be the last to go and it won’t go until other fat deposits have been significantly reduced.

I’m bringing this up because it isn’t unusual for someone to ask a question about how to get rid of love handles. But their picture or stats reveal they aren’t even close to the kind of shape you need to be in before those final fat reserves will be tapped.

Please understand—I’m not trying to demean or insult anyone. I’m just wanting to be honest so you won’t get frustrated or get conned into thinking there’s some kind of magic trick (like an ab machine).

Now, let’s assume you are already fairly lean except for a problem area. I’m aware of a couple of issues that make stubborn fat more resistant to the standard diet/exercise strategies:

1. Alpha Receptor Sites:

Stubborn fat areas tend to have more alpha-2 receptor sites than other areas. These sites basically inhibit lipolysis (the releasing of fat from the cell).

2. Circulation

You’ll also notice that stubborn fat areas are often cool to the touch compared with other areas of the body. Circulation seems to play a role in breaking down these fat cells.

A supplement strategy:

There is a supplement that can help with both of these issues (especially the alpha-2 receptor site issue): Yohimbine HCL. But the proper dosing and timing is important. You need to take about .2mg/kg. This will seem like a lot, since most brands only carry 2.5 mg tablets.

Here’s another important point: this supplement must be taken in a fasted state or some other time when blood sugar levels are low. Yohimbine and insulin compete for the same receptor sites, and insulin will always “win.” Taking this supplement after eating (when the body is releasing insulin) is a waste of time.

Yohimbine also seems to help with circulation, which is why it is often touted as a “male enhancement” supplement.

Diet Training Strategy:

Fasted training and intermittent fasting seem to have some hormonal advantages for targeting stubborn fat (I won’t go into detail in this post, but hormones like catecholamines come into play). With that in mind, it seems Yohimbine is a good complement to strategies involving some form of fasting.

Don’t Forget:

Last but not least, you still need an overall negative calorie balance to get rid of stubborn fat. Yohimbine won’t help if you are consuming more calories than you are using. Your body will not use fat with a positive calorie balance.

Here’s one of my articles on Yohimbine:
    http://musclereview.net/yohimbine-hcl/

ultra99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice read! So it actually works??!!
    Funny thing is I just saw an advertisement at the mall the other day and thought "ugh, again with those ads!!".

Might try them, after all.

kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This particular supplement/training strategy is effective, yes.

You may also want to check out my article on fasted training: http://musclereview.net/fasted-training/

abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50) abarton02 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Angry

Damn affiliate marketers...ugh
    its not how much you can lift, but how much you look like you can lift.

FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kevsworld View Post
    I'd like to address the issue of "stubborn" fat. I'm referring to love handles and lower abs for men; hips/thighs for women.

What I'm about to share is not original, nor is it comprehensive. But I keep seeing similar questions come up here in this section of the forum and maybe this will help.

Let me first make this point: you don’t need to worry about “problem areas” until you have already achieved relatively low body fat. Like it or not, “stubborn” fat will be the last to go and it won’t go until other fat deposits have been significantly reduced.

I’m bringing this up because it isn’t unusual for someone to ask a question about how to get rid of love handles. But their picture or stats reveal they aren’t even close to the kind of shape you need to be in before those final fat reserves will be tapped.

Please understand—I’m not trying to demean or insult anyone. I’m just wanting to be honest so you won’t get frustrated or get conned into thinking there’s some kind of magic trick (like an ab machine).

Now, let’s assume you are already fairly lean except for a problem area. I’m aware of a couple of issues that make stubborn fat more resistant to the standard diet/exercise strategies:

1. Alpha Receptor Sites:

Stubborn fat areas tend to have more alpha-2 receptor sites than other areas. These sites basically inhibit lipolysis (the releasing of fat from the cell).

2. Circulation

You’ll also notice that stubborn fat areas are often cool to the touch compared with other areas of the body. Circulation seems to play a role in breaking down these fat cells.

A supplement strategy:

There is a supplement that can help with both of these issues (especially the alpha-2 receptor site issue): Yohimbine HCL. But the proper dosing and timing is important. You need to take about .2mg/kg. This will seem like a lot, since most brands only carry 2.5 mg tablets.

Here’s another important point: this supplement must be taken in a fasted state or some other time when blood sugar levels are low. Yohimbine and insulin compete for the same receptor sites, and insulin will always “win.” Taking this supplement after eating (when the body is releasing insulin) is a waste of time.

Yohimbine also seems to help with circulation, which is why it is often touted as a “male enhancement” supplement.

Diet Training Strategy:

Fasted training and intermittent fasting seem to have some hormonal advantages for targeting stubborn fat (I won’t go into detail in this post, but hormones like catecholamines come into play). With that in mind, it seems Yohimbine is a good complement to strategies involving some form of fasting.

Don’t Forget:

Last but not least, you still need an overall negative calorie balance to get rid of stubborn fat. Yohimbine won’t help if you are consuming more calories than you are using. Your body will not use fat with a positive calorie balance.

Here’s one of my articles on Yohimbine:
    http://musclereview.net/yohimbine-hcl/
    This was great post about people on cutting. I sometimes get discourage about my cutting when I cut my entire body fat and it takes lot longer for my lower abs no love handles for me thank God. I like this post and I will check this supp for sure.

supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supdudexxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me, Yohimbine is a miracle worker. As I got past 14% my fat loss was becoming non-proportional and after a few weeks my weight plateaued. I remembered I used to use Yohimbine on my last cut, so I decided to take what I had left before my fasted cardio sessions and BAM. Within a few days I was already seeing visible progress and the scale is going down again.

Originally Posted by supdudexxx View Post
    For me, Yohimbine is a miracle worker. As I got past 14% my fat loss was becoming non-proportional and after a few weeks my weight plateaued. I remembered I used to use Yohimbine on my last cut, so I decided to take what I had left before my fasted cardio sessions and BAM. Within a few days I was already seeing visible progress and the scale is going down again.
    It is one of the few supplements that is helpful when used properly.

FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FatFree1990 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ordered 2 bottle yesterday when I read this post and did lot of research on it. It was really cheap on this site 10 bucks for a bottle. My question is currently I'm taking Craze and Concrete creatine will this be too much caffeine together because I saw couple of guys posted that they overdosed on this stuff and it was very bad almost near death experiences. So I'm like 165lb right now around 11% body fat and only have that lower abs area that is really annoying. Each capsule is 2.5 mg so how much should I start with and my workouts are at nights I end my cardio sessions around 12 pm. Should I really take it that time or just in the morning so it wont mess up my sleep and is ok with Craze or should just stop craze.

Originally Posted by FatFree1990 View Post
    I ordered 2 bottle yesterday when I read this post and did lot of research on it. It was really cheap on this site 10 bucks for a bottle. My question is currently I'm taking Craze and Concrete creatine will this be too much caffeine together because I saw couple of guys posted that they overdosed on this stuff and it was very bad almost near death experiences. So I'm like 165lb right now around 11% body fat and only have that lower abs area that is really annoying. Each capsule is 2.5 mg so how much should I start with and my workouts are at nights I end my cardio sessions around 12 pm. Should I really take it that time or just in the morning so it wont mess up my sleep and is ok with Craze or should just stop craze.
    I would NOT advise taking Yohimbine with other stimulant supplements. You can take it with a cup of coffee (or caffeine), but that's it. You'll need to take it in a fasted state for it to be effective.

Concrete should not affect it, but next time just buy Creatine MONOHYDRATE.

Stronger every day onelifenoregret's Avatar
    onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should I add yohimbine into my supplement stack? I've been cutting for 3 1/2 months, dropped from 222lbs to just under 190 now, I'm still probably sitting at around 18% body fat I would guess. I have pics in my bodyspace that should give a general idea of my bf%, but I feel like I'm getting close to the point where my love handles are gonna start to disappear along with my belly fat. Any advice would be great.

shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000) shawntoronto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say you're around 17%, I would wait until you're max 15% before adding yohimbine, you'll see a lot better results that way

Stronger every day onelifenoregret's Avatar
    onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) onelifenoregret has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool, I'll hold off. May need that extra edge when I start closing the gap.

Originally Posted by onelifenoregret View Post
    Cool, I'll hold off. May need that extra edge when I start closing the gap.
    My advice for your body fat % just do longer cardio and lower your calories. For that type of body fat its still easy to burn fat than mine. I'm around 11% and I still see results but its harder than losing when your high BF%. Lower your carbs to, when I cut my carbs are under 100g because most of the time I don't need carbs to have energy.Well I'm still young 22 that might be the reason but carbs are never my thing I only eat them for breakfast and before my workouts which is like 2 hours before I hit the gym. If you have energy problem on low carb diet just take a nap before you hit the gym. I eat my meal around 7pm and I take a nap around 7:30 and I wake up in 40-1 hour. I have beast energy and my brain is focused to workout. I hit the gym 9 and I workout till 11 or 11:30 and run for 30-40 min. Try doing something similar. SO lower your carbs and your calories and don't eat too much protein your 190 so dont go over 220g. Too much protein is not good and people who say you burn muscle on cutting never happened to me. Always keep my strengths and even get bigger btw I'm taking Activate Xtreme so that helps me with everything when I'm cutting. I love those supps.Good luck I'll keep you guys updated on this new supp.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS ON IT ? My cardio is always fasted should I take 1 pill in a morning and before cardio after weight lifting ?

POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000) POOHBEARx3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only thing that pisses me off about the Yohimbine HCL is the water retention that comes with it.

Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boris2k12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question mark??????

You say that I need .2 per 1kg of weight but I can only take it in a fasting state?

If my calculations are correct: I need to take 6 a day, and since I only fast from wakeup (8am - I skip breakfast)) to 12-1pm does this mean I gotta take 6 pills at once to meet my body weight requirement + avoid taking it with food??

For information on my eating plan take a look at my cutting thread and see if you have another solution because 6 pills in the morning doesn't sound right lol

Alsooo: Did you mean HCI? because I looked on the bodybuilding online store and there is no "HCL" just "HCI" pills.

Originally Posted by Boris2k12 View Post
    You say that I need .2 per 1kg of weight but I can only take it in a fasting state?

If my calculations are correct: I need to take 6 a day, and since I only fast from wakeup (8am - I skip breakfast)) to 12-1pm does this mean I gotta take 6 pills at once to meet my body weight requirement + avoid taking it with food??

For information on my eating plan take a look at my cutting thread and see if you have another solution because 6 pills in the morning doesn't sound right lol

Alsooo: Did you mean HCI? because I looked on the bodybuilding online store and there is no "HCL" just "HCI" pills.
    All I can say I got my bottles today and I was so excited to try this stuff. I took 2 pills with me to gym just in case 1 is not enough. They say start very light on dose. SO I didn't take my Craze I was having kind of weak workout for hour an a half. I took 1 pill so I can hit the treadmill in 15 min. 5 min passes by I start sweating and I get my energy back I do couple of exercise before I went to running. WHile running I felt my heart was beating fast and I was sweating crazy I loved it. I say just take 1 or 2 pills to get hang of it. If you take 6 pills your gonna end up in the hospital dude. Don't do that ****. When do you do cardio? mine is after my workout and which is around 11pm some people sleep at this time.

Originally Posted by POOHBEARx3 View Post
    The only thing that pisses me off about the Yohimbine HCL is the water retention that comes with it.
    that goes away after a while but yha I know I hate it when I got water weight on me.

idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000) idz21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How many times do you dose per day? What's the half life?

Originally Posted by idz21 View Post
    How many times do you dose per day? What's the half life?
    I usually only take a dose with coffee before I train. In theory you could take it more than once a day if you are fasting, but I usually only use it preworkout.

Half life is around 40 minutes.

I usually only take a dose with coffee before I train. In theory you could take it more than once a day if you are fasting, but I usually only use it preworkout.

Half life is around 40 minutes.
    Been on it for a week now and I do see difference, my lower abs fat is getting soft and feels like small marbles. I workout for 2 hours and than I popped 5 today and went on crazy cardio session for 35 min. Start off slow dose so you know how it feels to be on it. I don't feel any jitter or any other side effects from this pills. I love it and I even take my Craze before I hit the weights and I don't use caffeine pills.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Kevin, thanks for the info.

I just ordered sum Yohimbine and will report back here how it works out.

mjdeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    those damn love handles....the first thing we want gone is always the last to go lol

Originally Posted by mjdeuce View Post
    those damn love handles....the first thing we want gone is always the last to go lol
    no love handle but lower belly fat annoying as fccck.

rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000) rynofan is just really nice. (+1000)
    very helpful post. I have lost 30-35 punds since November and can't seem to get rid of the love handles, although they have slimmed a bunch. I will try Yohimbine.

Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You think I can give it a try I'm 16 about to be 17 in august

joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) joeturner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    /subbed

all who ordered and are trying yohom - please report back results!
    *Unaesthetic Crew* - Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs.
    **New Jersey Crew 609/856**
    *Former 400lb+ crew*

Follow my 300lb weight loss journey and subsequent recomp :)
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146756033&p=936761213#post936761213[/url]

Originally Posted by Jakov01 View Post
    You think I can give it a try I'm 16 about to be 17 in august
    Honestly losing body fat in that range is easier than when your 12 or 11%. Just go clean diet and good cardio plus 4-5 times workout sessions and you'll get to 13-14 in 4-6 weeks all depends how much muscle you have on you.

Originally Posted by joeturner View Post
    /subbed

all who ordered and are trying yohom - please report back results!
    Its great stuff bro, my first week and I lost 2 lb past 2 weeks I was stuck on same weight. My belly fat feels like marbles and i piss like a horse. I haven't seen any water weight yet.I'm around 11% so I'm excited about this supp. I can't wait to pop the pills each day and do my cardio after my lifts. I recommended this to all my bros who are still cutting.

Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jakov01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FatFree1990 View Post
    Honestly losing body fat in that range is easier than when your 12 or 11%. Just go clean diet and good cardio plus 4-5 times workout sessions and you'll get to 13-14 in 4-6 weeks all depends how much muscle you have on you.
    Thanks man I'm still curious if it's safe to for me to try it out... I'm going to wait 2-3 more weeks if it is to try it out since I've lost some 3-6 pounds in the past 2 weeks