Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

5/3/1/ Boring But Big 3 Month Challenge - Spreadsheet

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

So at the beginning of the program I decided to make a spread sheet to track for this program on a monthly basis.
    * Everything is laid out for each of the big lifts and the recommended assistance lifts.
    * I didn't bother to track progress on secondary assistance lifts as they are not the main focus of the program.
    * Each month is on its own worksheet and you can print out each 4 week cycle on one piece of paper.
    * Any issues let me know

Download the spreadsheet via the box:
    https://www.box.com/s/8cf78ccbdbdfff1770c0
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One think I want to clarify about the 3 month challenge:

When doing 50%, 60%, and 70% of training max, are these percentages based on the training max of the 1st cycle only? or the corresponding cycles?

For example:

------------------------------------------------------
    Based on 1st cycle of 3 month challenge only:
    Cycle 1: Bench training max = 100 lbs
    assistance bench (50%) = 5x10 @50 lbs (50% of cycle 1's training max)

Cycle 2: Bench training max = 105 lbs
    assistance bench (60%) = 5x10 @60 lbs (60% of cycle 1's training max)

Cycle 3: Bench training max = 110 lbs
    assistance bench (70%) = 5x10 @70 lbs (70% of cycle 1's training max)

Based on corresponding cycles:
    Cycle 1: Bench training max = 100 lbs
    assistance bench (50%) = 5x10 @50 lbs (50% of cycle 1's training max)

Cycle 2: Bench training max = 105 lbs
    assistance bench (60%) = 5x10 @63 lbs (60% of cycle 2's training max)

Cycle 3: Bench training max = 110 lbs
    assistance bench (70%) = 5x10 @77 lbs (70% of cycle 3's training max)
    "I lift things up and put them down"

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, in other words:
    On cycle 1, we do 50% of training max.
    On cycle 2, we do 60% of cycle 1's training max.
    On cycle 3, we do 70% of cycle 1's training max?

or is it like this:
    On cycle 2, we do 60% of cycle 2's training max.
    On cycle 3, we do 70% of cycle 3's training max.

Also, what do we do after the 3 month challenge? do we start again at 50%?
    "I lift things up and put them down"

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kidkurious View Post
    So, in other words:

or is it like this:

50% cycle 1
    60% cycle 2 TM
    70% cycle 3 TM

Each cycle your BBB increases by like 10 pounds already, so 60% of cycle 1 would still be like doing 50% for cycle 2.

After 3 months do whatever you want.

Change the assistance, start all over, keep it at 70%, or if you are really ambitious increase it to 75%.

That could be a touch crazy though.

I have just been running my BBB at 65% since I started before seeing the 3 month challenge, so it just sort of comes down to your work capacity.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Registered User theproctologist's Avatar
    theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50) theproctologist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So, in other words:
    It's supposed to be exactly like this

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by theproctologist View Post
    It's supposed to be exactly like this
    That makes no sense.

BBB is tied to your current cycle's training max, not your previous cycle.

You COULD use the previous month's cycle, but the weight increase won't be as large.

But everything I have read about BBB online or the book you base the % off your current cycle's TM.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

According to Jim Wendler in the T-Nation Live Spill you increase the percentage to your current training max.
    Jim Wendler:
    Jmatta - yes, the 5x10 increases as part of your TM.

•The first month of the program, perform the sets with 50% of your training max.
    •The second month of the program, perform the sets with 60% of your training max.
    •The third month of the program, perform the sets with 70% of your training max.
    With with this program I don't see continuing after 3 months. I could possibly see a person burning out with the amount of volume and increase in percentages and weight. I'm not Jim Wendler so I can't make a concrete recommendation to his program. This is just my suggestion to continuing after 3 months.
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

Lifting with Power allergic2rice's Avatar
    allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    a spreadsheet already exists.
    Forum Representative
    Next Generation Nutrition
    http://www.glyco-energy.com/

***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

www.strengthsociety.com
    Powerlifting, Nutrition, Mobility

Originally Posted by allergic2rice View Post
    a spreadsheet already exists.
    I know one exists for the regular boring but big however, I just simplified it and input the formulas for the increase in percentage for the assistance lifts for the 3 month challenge.
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing

allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000) allergic2rice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by djartek View Post
    I know one exists for the regular boring but big however, I just simplified it and input the formulas for the increase in percentage for the assistance lifts for the 3 month challenge.
    lol sorry, didn't even read your post. just saw 5/3/1 title.

now that I've read the tnation article....what in the hell is this sh*t?
    Forum Representative

www.strengthsociety.com

lol sorry, didn't even read your post. just saw 5/3/1 title.

now that I've read the tnation article....what in the hell is this sh*t?
    In Jim Wendler's Words "The problem with many hypertrophy-based programs is that they leave out the strength component. You might get bigger as a result of the program, but if you don't get any stronger you're still a chump in my book.
    That's right, I don't care how big you are, if you aren't strong you're a sham. Having big muscles and no strength is the training equivalent of wearing a strap-on. All show and no go. End of story.

In a perfect world, 99% of the music being made wouldn't make you question humanity and 100% of the training programs would get you big and strong. That ain't the case, though.
    Fortunately, there is a solution, and it's not performing multiple sets of whatever cable Kegel exercise is being pushed as "The Answer." Just a little hard, smart, basic work.
    It's boring, I agree. Do you want to be entertained or get big and strong?"
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing

Originally Posted by djartek View Post
    In Jim Wendler's Words "The problem with many hypertrophy-based programs is that they leave out the strength component. You might get bigger as a result of the program, but if you don't get any stronger you're still a chump in my book.
    That's right, I don't care how big you are, if you aren't strong you're a sham. Having big muscles and no strength is the training equivalent of wearing a strap-on. All show and no go. End of story.

In a perfect world, 99% of the music being made wouldn't make you question humanity and 100% of the training programs would get you big and strong. That ain't the case, though.
    Fortunately, there is a solution, and it's not performing multiple sets of whatever cable Kegel exercise is being pushed as "The Answer." Just a little hard, smart, basic work.
    It's boring, I agree. Do you want to be entertained or get big and strong?"
    why is there a huge article on this though?
    BBB is pretty straightforward and I could have told you how to do it in 2 sentences.
    it's asssistance work
    Forum Representative

www.strengthsociety.com

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why is there a huge article on this though?
    BBB is pretty straightforward and I could have told you how to do it in 2 sentences.
    it's asssistance work
    The article is regarding the BBB 3 month challenge - which is why there is confusion above. It's a variation to BBB and would probably burn people out if they followed it more than 3 months.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    The article is regarding the BBB 3 month challenge - which is why there is confusion above. It's a variation to BBB and would probably burn people out if they followed it more than 3 months.
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing

JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JamieQB8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sorry to bump an old thread, do you have to deload the assistance work in week 4?
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    Michael Jordan

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162469881&p=1257904381#post1257904381

mljs54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    EDIT - Answered my own question

Does anyone have any logs from the 3 months? Also, on the two upper body days, what assistance did you guys do after 5x10 BP/OHP? I'm guessing it's not even going to matter at that point given the volume of A1 and I can alternate something like BB curls/skulls.

Thanks
    Last edited by mljs54; 03-05-2013 at 09:03 AM.

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    spreadsheet is sick. Thanks
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

Originally Posted by BigJon55 View Post
    spreadsheet is sick. Thanks
    no problem
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing