ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000)

Rhino Lining vs. Powder Coating Ivanko plates

While working out with my Ivanko plates this morning, I got to thinking about having them professionally refurbished. I don't think I would be happy with the results if I did it myself. I had called the local Rhino Lining dealer last year and I think it would be about $300. Not sure what it would cost for powder coating.

With the tolerance for the plates to fit on my Rogue Bar being so close, I have to take that in consideration. Which do you folks think would be better?

Now if I could find $1300 somewhere, I would just order this set from Gtech or someone else.

http://www.gtechfitness.com/ivanko-o...eight-set.aspx

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What do they look like now?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000) ProudMarineDad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    What do they look like now?
    They are some brown or black that some yahoo painted before I bought them. A couple of them have a little rust on them.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    You would have to make sure the holes stayed clean. Other than that It would work. Personally I am planniing on just going the rattle can route, much more economical.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would go the rattle can first, and if you don't like the turnout you can always go and get them either powdercoated or Rhino-lined. A few people here have used some nice Rustoleum hammertones, and the finished product looks great. Once you get them matching and clean I think that you'll be happy, then you can use the $250-$275 that you saved to buy more equipment. )

Good luck.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would definitely try Rustoleum OR you could leave the weights rusty and if anyone else ask tell them "a real man uses rusty weights" :-)
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000)
    I finished these w rattle-can Rustoleum and some metallic silver in a can and a foam brush...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #2 -!!!---!!!-

TXBRASS

"LIKE" us on ********: Get-a-Grip Personal Performance

Once you go RACK, you never go BACK.....

Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I would go the rattle can first, and if you don't like the turnout you can always go and get them either powdercoated or Rhino-lined. A few people here have used some nice Rustoleum hammertones, and the finished product looks great. Once you get them matching and clean I think that you'll be happy, then you can use the $250-$275 that you saved to buy more equipment. )

Good luck.
    Hmm, about the price of another Rogue bar. Not a bad idea.

Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    I would definitely try Rustoleum OR you could leave the weights rusty and if anyone else ask tell them "a real man uses rusty weights" :-)
    If I wasn't such a real picky man, I would take you up on your advice. Stupid OCD keeps flaring up.

Originally Posted by TXBRASS View Post
    I finished these w rattle-can Rustoleum and some metallic silver in a can and a foam brush...
    Great job. I wish I had a steadier hand for the lettering. I probably would do ok with the plate itself but the lettering, not so much.

TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000) TXBRASS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ProudMarineDad View Post

Great job. I wish I had a steadier hand for the lettering. I probably would do ok with the plate itself but the lettering, not so much.
    I took a 1" flat foam brush, cut the end down to a about 1/4" wide and just barely dipped the end in the silver paint...ran it across the top of the raised lettering and it actually went extremely fast. Could do each 45 pound plate in less than 10 minutes. Got a little work station set-up in the living room and popped a movie in...Had about half a TON of plates done in a couple evenings.....
    I thought it would be hard, messy, and take forever, (and probably would have with a paint brush), but the foam brush made it extremely easy....

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #2 -!!!---!!!-

TXBRASS

"LIKE" us on ********: Get-a-Grip Personal Performance

Once you go RACK, you never go BACK.....