MySongRanHills has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout and Nutrition Advice Needed. Cut Fat%. Run Sub 6min mile. Higher Vert.

I'm trying to get back to working out with the main goals of cutting my body fat percentage, getting faster in the mile(I'd like to eventually get to anything under 6minutes), and getting as high of a vertical jump as I can. Currently I'm 25 years old 245lbs 30% body fat. I've started hitting the gym the past 2 weeks to get in shape enough to start a real routine. Right now I run a mile in 7:30 and bench around my body weight. I'm supplementing with creatine, protien powder, beta alanine and akg. I need to know what kind of breakdown I should eat for pro/carbs/fat. In the past I have cut to many calories (once lost 40lbs in 2 months eating pretty much only tuna and milk) and I now know more is not always better. I'm very open to any advice or suggestions and any good routines anyone can point me to. Thanks1

Been miscing for to long idreamofnumber1's Avatar
    idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) idreamofnumber1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MySongRanHills View Post
    I'm trying to get back to working out with the main goals of cutting my body fat percentage, getting faster in the mile(I'd like to eventually get to anything under 6minutes), and getting as high of a vertical jump as I can. Currently I'm 25 years old 245lbs 30% body fat. I've started hitting the gym the past 2 weeks to get in shape enough to start a real routine. Right now I run a mile in 7:30 and bench around my body weight. I'm supplementing with creatine, protien powder, beta alanine and akg. I need to know what kind of breakdown I should eat for pro/carbs/fat. In the past I have cut to many calories (once lost 40lbs in 2 months eating pretty much only tuna and milk) and I now know more is not always better. I'm very open to any advice or suggestions and any good routines anyone can point me to. Thanks1
    eat high protein everyday. As for fats and carbs i recomend what ever keeps your hunger at bay the best and keeps your energy and strength up best. Focus on TOTAL calories. if you need to throw in cheat food so keep yourself sane and motivated then do it as long as your still in a calorie defecit. You can eat your calories at whatever time of day you want and you will still lose fat if your in a defecit. If your mile time is 7:30 and your Bodyfat% is 30 then just cutting your bodyfat down will make your mile time better and better...same with your vertical. In my opinion losing 1.5-2 lbs a week is what you should aim for because you have awhile to go, and its best to do it at a comfy pace so you you don't start to feel burnt out. I would Start off lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio 2-3 days a week( switch it up and keep cardio interesting.....running, swimming, jump rope, Heavy bag, sprints, walking, cardiobike, elliptical, hills, dynamic exercises. Go moderate- hard in your 2-3 cardio sessions a week but only start at like 20 min each for your first week. Your Vo2 max should improve as well as your weight and bodyfat%= higher vert and faster mile. Really hit the weights harddd leg day is important for that vertical along with your core. In my opinion you should hit all your muscles hard. Goodluck man you CAN do it

b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) b0ws3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by idreamofnumber1 View Post
    eat high protein everyday. As for fats and carbs i recomend what ever keeps your hunger at bay the best and keeps your energy and strength up best. Focus on TOTAL calories. if you need to throw in cheat food so keep yourself sane and motivated then do it as long as your still in a calorie defecit. You can eat your calories at whatever time of day you want and you will still lose fat if your in a defecit. If your mile time is 7:30 and your Bodyfat% is 30 then just cutting your bodyfat down will make your mile time better and better...same with your vertical. In my opinion losing 1.5-2 lbs a week is what you should aim for because you have awhile to go, and its best to do it at a comfy pace so you you don't start to feel burnt out. I would Start off lifting 4 days a week and doing cardio 2-3 days a week( switch it up and keep cardio interesting.....running, swimming, jump rope, Heavy bag, sprints, walking, cardiobike, elliptical, hills, dynamic exercises. Go moderate- hard in your 2-3 cardio sessions a week but only start at like 20 min each for your first week. Your Vo2 max should improve as well as your weight and bodyfat%= higher vert and faster mile. Really hit the weights harddd leg day is important for that vertical along with your core. In my opinion you should hit all your muscles hard. Goodluck man you CAN do it
    Very well put. Will put alot of that in mind with my weight loss. I'm just having hard times finding variety in my diet that are healthy foods. Any help on that?
    Shedding weight..

September 24, 2008

March 2, 2010.