DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DerekJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lateral Deltoid.... Flurries?

I was at the gym the other day doing my normal shoulder routine, (bench/ military press/ lateral/ front raises), when i ran into this judo guy that always works out there. I have a hard time increasing the weight on my lateral deltoid(probably my weakest muscle.)

Anyhow.. he told me to try Flurries(sp)... pretty much like a lateral deltoid raise, however, only low the weight ~1 foot, then bring it back to the raised position(so there is constant pressure on the shoulder.) I was thinking that this is a rotator cuff injury waiting to happen, however I tried it, and my shoulders are rather sore.

I wanted to get any feedback to anyone that has heard of this exercise, or had any better one for lateral delts. thnx.

entweichen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) entweichen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) entweichen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't see how they would cause a rotator cuff injury.

I have done this variation before, and they ARE killers on the medial delts. I tend to use them at the end of my last set of lateral raises to stimulate as much fiber as possible.

They're really nothing more than partial reps, but on the last 2/3s of the movement. You'll find you can do similar things with most other exercises, notably bench presses and military presses. Great finishing moves to a final set if used tastefully.

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    try shoulder press they are great for the lateral deltoid,