candytomatoes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is jack 3 d safe for pregnant women?

Hi there!
    I am a hardcore at weightlifting and i have been supplementing my morning lifting and cardio with jack 3 d plus creatine. Now i am 9 wk pregnant, i wonder how safe it is to continue taking those, especially jack 3 d. I cant deny how it makes a lot of different taking it since i work out with empty stomach.

Asking this to my obgym doesn't give me a clear answer because he is an old doctor and has no knowledge about the supplement plus he also wondered the importance taking it.

I appreciate any thought you may have regarding this. It would be very helpful to me. If jack 3 d is a no no for now, is there a safer alternative supplement to boost my energy in the morning?
    Thank you.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Absolutely not. There are several ingredients that pregnant women should not be consuming in Jack3d. Same with creatine. Neither product has been properly tested on pregnant women (and probably never will be) so it cannot be verified. You've got 7-8 months to go, shelve it until after the birth (they are also not approved for breastfeeding). You may want to reconsider working out on an empty stomach as well.

I do feel your pain, I am 4 months myself. Since we are allowed 1-2 cups of coffee a day, I drink 1 cup of black coffee before a morning workout and it's a good substitute.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by candytomatoes View Post
    Hi there!
    I am a hardcore at weightlifting and i have been supplementing my morning lifting and cardio with jack 3 d plus creatine. Now i am 9 wk pregnant, i wonder how safe it is to continue taking those, especially jack 3 d. I cant deny how it makes a lot of different taking it since i work out with empty stomach.

Asking this to my obgym doesn't give me a clear answer because he is an old doctor and has no knowledge about the supplement plus he also wondered the importance taking it.

I appreciate any thought you may have regarding this. It would be very helpful to me. If jack 3 d is a no no for now, is there a safer alternative supplement to boost my energy in the morning?
    Thank you.
    Jack 3D containes a stimulant currently being examined by the FDA. I wouldn't get to attached to it any more bc it looks like it will be pulled from the shelves w/i the next few weeks. Just my .02 cents but if you're pregnant I wouldn't suggest it. But then again you should be aware of what you're putting in your body pregnant or not. It doesn't sound like you did a lot of research into it before you started taking it. For a morning boost have a cup of strong coffee.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's banned in some countries...including Canada. So I would assume is would be very UNSAFE for your baby!

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I really have no idea but I would assume HELL NO STOP TAKING THAT SHYT until you find out for sure anyway.

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Trigger543 View Post
    I really have no idea but I would assume HELL NO STOP TAKING THAT SHYT until you find out for sure anyway.
    No need to yell at the poor girl!
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No, there is way too much caffeine in there! I believe the limits for pregnancy on caffeine are 1 cup of coffee per day, less than 250 milligrams. Congratulations to you!

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LilT1026 View Post
    No, there is way too much caffeine in there! I believe the limits for pregnancy on caffeine are 1 cup of coffee per day, less than 250 milligrams. Congratulations to you!
    It's amazing that a pregnant woman wouldn't know that but some 23 y/o guy on the internet does (not u, me). Where has all our common sense gone???

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely not.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thanks all for the replies. I have stopped taking it as soon I knew I am pregnant.
    I will just drink a cup of coffee with little creamer + splenda. Black coffee is too bitter for me. However, do I need to have a small breakfast for energy? I usually hit the gym at 6.45 and start with weightlifting and do 45 men cardio afterwards.
    Sonti: if you don't mind, do you mind share with me what you take and eat before hitting the gym? Do you feel weaker? Are you still able to lift the same weight as before pregnancy? Congrats to you too! Have a safe and joyful pregnancy.

Thanks again!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Candy!

I generally work out at 11am when my son naps so I've had a full breakfast at 7am and a glass of milk before my workout. If I was to have an early workout, I'd just have a banana or fruit (something to make sure I don't get hungry in the workout).

I don't use the same weight, in fact I use a completely different routine, especially now that I'm past the 1st trimester (I was pregnant with twins so I didn't workout at all in the 1st, now just 1 baby and I started up again at 12 weeks). I use kettlebells exclusively (8-16kg), pregnancy yoga, and cardio to train for labour. This is mostly from my experience having a very difficult labour with my son-> I found the most important part of 'labour training' to be cardio endurance and flexibility, as well as strength in the squatting position.

In my first pregnancy, I trained like a bodybuilder (no real routine change except for no flat back bench after 1st tri and no deadlifts, reduced weights by around 50% but I was lifting very heavy before ie. 200lbs). It was OK, but not ideal, less focus on BB-style training and more focus on cardio/flexibility/squatting was a definite overhaul from my experience

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I echo the others. Definitely wouldn't take jack3d when preggers.
    Congrats to you by the way, and may you have an enjoyable and healthy pregnancy!
    Nice to see you keeping up w/your workouts too--good for you!

Caffeine Addict NightShiftMedic's Avatar
    NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightShiftMedic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lots of good advice given in this thread. To add my .02, I wouldn't really take anything with 1,3-dim at all (such as Jack3d). Like kjake says, it probably won't be around much longer anyway because according to the FDA it's never been proven safe for anyone.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightshiftmedic

MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50) MelnCrash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fairly sure it says on the container 'Not suitable for pregnant women' ( it does in Australia)

Smile

Thanks Sonti for your reply.

I guess we just have to take a "long break" during this time..plus the breastfeeding period (no jack + no creatine). I am sure I am gonna miss the heavy workout, but I just have to work around and try my best at this period.

By doing what you are doing now, how will you get back to your full strength when time permits? Don't we have to do our routine somehow to stay strong?
    What exercise do you do with the kettle balls? I just wonder...

Anybody knows about XTEND? Based on the ingredients list, it seems safe. It has leucitine and glutamine plus other vitamins. Should it be ok for pregnant women?

Thanks all for your help and support!
    I appreciate it
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Hi Candy!

I generally work out at 11am when my son naps so I've had a full breakfast at 7am and a glass of milk before my workout. If I was to have an early workout, I'd just have a banana or fruit (something to make sure I don't get hungry in the workout).

I don't use the same weight, in fact I use a completely different routine, especially now that I'm past the 1st trimester (I was pregnant with twins so I didn't workout at all in the 1st, now just 1 baby and I started up again at 12 weeks). I use kettlebells exclusively (8-16kg), pregnancy yoga, and cardio to train for labour. This is mostly from my experience having a very difficult labour with my son-> I found the most important part of 'labour training' to be cardio endurance and flexibility, as well as strength in the squatting position.

In my first pregnancy, I trained like a bodybuilder (no real routine change except for no flat back bench after 1st tri and no deadlifts, reduced weights by around 50% but I was lifting very heavy before ie. 200lbs). It was OK, but not ideal, less focus on BB-style training and more focus on cardio/flexibility/squatting was a definite overhaul from my experience

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    To be honest, I would NOT take any sort of bbing/fitness supplement other than prenatal right now. Anything you take into your body can cross the placenta and get into your baby. So basically, don't eat/drink anything that you wouldn't want your baby to get. Give your body a break from all that stuff. This is a temporary and short window of time when you look at the big picture, and that risk simply isn't worth it.
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronOynx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your baby will come out the womb ready to lift, don't do it.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by candytomatoes View Post
    Thanks Sonti for your reply.

I guess we just have to take a "long break" during this time..plus the breastfeeding period (no jack + no creatine). I am sure I am gonna miss the heavy workout, but I just have to work around and try my best at this period.

By doing what you are doing now, how will you get back to your full strength when time permits? Don't we have to do our routine somehow to stay strong?
    What exercise do you do with the kettle balls? I just wonder...

Anybody knows about XTEND? Based on the ingredients list, it seems safe. It has leucitine and glutamine plus other vitamins. Should it be ok for pregnant women?

Thanks all for your help and support!
    I appreciate it
    Believe me, I get being bummed about not being able to work out super hard. If I found myself pregnant right now, I'd feel much the same way. But why are you so focused on trying to find a preworkout supp? Something like that shoul be the last thing on your mind when you're pregnant. I wholeheartedly encourage pregnant women to work out, but to think you need a preworkout? It's crazy. You have been told jack3d isn't safe - I don't care what any ingredients list says on anything - it's still a preworkout and is going to have things in it that are questionable for a pregnant woman. No preworkouts when pregnant, period.

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean or sound harsh, but the fact that you went and looked at another PWO supp after you were told one wasn't safe, and then asked about it here, is just a red flag to me.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

As far as I recall, Xtend may have a rare side effect pertaining to folic acid - huge no no in pregnancy, when you consider a lack of proper folic acid can lead to serious disability to a child (spina bifida).

When we are pregnant, we don't have to "give up" our bodies - but we must SHARE our body, which means as always when sharing, some form of compromise I know, especially when it is your first, that pregnancy feels like "forever", and when you are 9 weeks you do not 'see' any baby and it's hard to adjust to the thought of having to rework your routine. But it is what it is, and it goes by fast.

You can see my pregnancy workout journal in the journals section.

Regaining your strength after the baby is not hard. Getting enough rest? Oh yeah, not gonna lie, that's brutal. My son started sleeping all night at 23 months, he was horribly colicky and it was very hard to regain my strength. But, when we choose to be moms, we sometimes have to put things on hold - our expectations. You don't have to give up training but you do have to treat this like it was an injury and if you push through it, it can have health consequences (and that is more serious when it is a baby we're talking about).

A "routine" is optimal and ideal for non-pregnant women.

A "routine', in my opinion, is not optimal for pregnant women. A woman with morning sickness at 5 weeks has different needs than at 16 weeks with a protruding belly, and different needs than a woman at 27 weeks who may have GD or whatever. And that can be the same woman with the same pregnancy. You have to really look at it by a DAILY basis and decide, "how do I feel? What does my body need right now? I *want* awesome shoulder caps... but do I *need* them? Or do I *need* to spend 20 minutes practicing low squat balance, opening my hips for delivery??"

First pregnancy especially, is about separating your wants and your needs in training. It's a good experience actually, I found it has taught me how to listen to my body properly whereas the old childless me may have ignored those signs because when it's just me, I didn't care, but when I had a baby, it was important to take notice.

That was long........ sorry.

X-tend is a BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acid). BCAA's are the "building blocks" of protein. It's not really a PWO but a intra or post workout. I use BCAA's and just sip on it all day BUT I'm cutting right now so adding some BCAA's makes sense to me to use. I'm not certain it makes sense to use while pregnant. I would assume you are eating good sources of protein right now as part of your expected mommyhood so adding anything extra may not be in the baby's best interest. IDK since I've never been preg but I would suggest you follow the advise of MH and Sonti and keep things whole. Right now, more than ever, you are what you eat and so is baby tomato!

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Candytomatoes

I am 26 weeks pregnant as of today and I am still training. I am training at lower weights and intensity than before - but I am not losing everything. If I feel I need energy before the gym I do that same as sonti and have a coffee.

I have a journal called 'From Y to X' if you want to see the type of training I am currently doing. Luckily I was never sick in the first trimester so I have for the most part just been dialling things down as needed.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ameristar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am an EMT. I have seen my fair share of people taken to the hospital for messing with stimulants. For God's sake don't mess with that crap. You are pregnant, and that means you are responsible for a life that is not yours.
    ~~~Never, never, never give up.~~~

Smile

Originally Posted by ameristar View Post
    I am an EMT. I have seen my fair share of people taken to the hospital for messing with stimulants. For God's sake don't mess with that crap. You are pregnant, and that means you are responsible for a life that is not yours.
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all the input and support for my pregnancy. I decided to take the safe route and stay very clean during this period. The baby is everything...i love her more than myself. It is not easy to be at the gym while you feel like throwing up, but everytime i think the day i see her, it makes me smile.

Thanks again...
    Last edited by candytomatoes; 05-11-2012 at 06:32 AM.