nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How long will it take me to put on 25 lbs of muscle ?

What's up everyone ?

So I was wondering how long it will take me to gain 30 pounds of muscle knowing that :

- I started lifting weights 2 months ago.

- I lift 5 days a week.

- I am 17 years old.

- I eat a lot and make sure that I get enough protein everyday (at least 1 gm of protein per pound).

- I take whey protein post workout.

I was just asking because I have got some fat on my belly which is bothering me (I am not fat though) and I was going to cut up the fat I got but I thought I would bulk up first to get some size.

And this is my workout routine :

Monday - Rest.
    Tuesday - Biceps, back, and shoulders.
    Wednesday - Chest, triceps, and abs.
    Thursday - Biceps, back, and shoulders.
    Friday - Chest, triceps, and abs.
    Saturday - Biceps, back, and shoulders.
    Sunday - Rest.

Thanks in advance.

You want to fukin go m8 ? cowmooolester93's Avatar
    cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll go on a limb here and say around 3 years ish. Possibly four.

EDIT: you don't do legs ? Really ?
    I have CF(genetic disease) hence my super small size.

das it mane

brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that is not a good split at all haha you're working you're everything too much and what about legs? it will take years to put on 25 pounds of lean muscle

nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10) nacasho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol no I don't do legs, although, I am a soccer player -________- .

Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is the thing you do not realize how much 25-30 lbs of muscle is. It is going to take you over 2 years. Although there are a lot of factors that play in how much muscle you'll gain yearly. The biggest one genetics. Also you should do legs there are two types of muscle "strength" and "endurance" muscles. The "strength" muscles are the ones that grow the biggest and they are the ones you want to train. Playing soccer will activate the "endurance" muscle and you wont gain any muscle by playing soccer. I hope you do realize that you are training your triceps every day since shoulder workouts involve the triceps.
    You can do a 4 day split
    1.chest/tri
    2.back and bi
    3. shoulders
    4. legs
    I feel like the biceps are the easiest to recover so you can do biceps twice a week if you feel like it.

drewkemp23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drewkemp23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

my experience

As a sophomore I had never lifted before going into winter. I wanted to play football and beinga 135 pound ss your gonna suck. However I loved the game and I worked my tail off. Now a year and ahalf later im 190 9% body fat. Before i was 7% as a basketball player but i got sick of it so i switched. You want to do alot of legs to gain that weight up and they matter more for sports. You also will look like a retard if you have abig uperbody and small lower body.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nacasho View Post
    Years then. Lifetime.

Originally Posted by Roram66 View Post
    Here is the thing you do not realize how much 25-30 lbs of muscle is. It is going to take you over 2 years. Although there are a lot of factors that play in how much muscle you'll gain yearly. The biggest one genetics. Also you should do legs there are two types of muscle "strength" and "endurance" muscles. The "strength" muscles are the ones that grow the biggest and they are the ones you want to train. Playing soccer will activate the "endurance" muscle and you wont gain any muscle by playing soccer. I hope you do realize that you are training your triceps every day since shoulder workouts involve the triceps.
    You can do a 4 day split
    1.chest/tri
    2.back and bi
    3. shoulders
    4. legs
    I feel like the biceps are the easiest to recover so you can do biceps twice a week if you feel like it.
    so should I only work out one muscle group once a week ? isn't that low or what ?

Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roram66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so should I only work out one muscle group once a week ? isn't that low or what ?
    No because the muscle needs time to recover and grow bigger. Besides you will see good results by just training body parts once a week.

Ok I'll change my workout routine a little bit, and since 30 pounds is too much, then what about 10 ? and will it make a significant and obvious change in my physique ?

portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) portobro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go on an upper/lower or push/pull/legs and skyrocket your lifts, get more than a gram of protein per BW in and eat everything in sight. You will be able to do it quite quickly if you've been only lifting for 2 months. Easier said than done though

Ok I'll change my workout routine a little bit, and since 30 pounds is too much, then what about 10 ? and will it make a significant and obvious change in my physique ?
    10 lbs is doable within a year if not a year. Believe me 10lbs will make a huge difference in your physique. Even with 5lb of muscle you notice tremendously.

nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nickb96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you work legs probably like 1 - 1.5 years thats what it took me
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★Tmiscplace2 Crew★★★
    I Rep Back

Philshred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just as a recommendation I would advise you to set yourself short term goals that are achievable and will keep you motivated. You won't even really be working out properly during your first year of working out. Be patient and use bodybuilding as a life style and with time, hard work and dedication you will be able to accomplish your goals.

skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skeeet27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3 years keepin it natural

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    first of all, you don't work your legs so you are already fukking up pretty bad. for 25 pounds i'd say at least 2 years if you stay dedicated and work hard. i've been lifting for 2 years and started at 125 pounds at 5' 11". so i've packed on 60 lbs in 2 years and stayed lean. however i grew 2 inches in those 2 years so some of it was skeletal, organ tissue, a little fat, etc.

however if you only focus on upper body and refuse to work legs, it will take infinitely longer. your legs are your biggest muscle groups, they make up a lot of the overall muscle tissue in your body. if you dont work legs, you shouldn't expect to be gaining a whole lot.
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SethBJJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It took me ~7 months but my bf % did go up a bit

Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

More than 2 years. I think that the maximum ibs of muscle can gain goes from 0.5-1.5 per month (I think, I can't remember the figures. Please someone confirm this figure (or correct it).
    Thank you
    More pain, more gain.
    ☣☢Constantly listening to music☢☣
    Squats 104kg 3x5
    Deadlift 108kg 1x5
    Bench 74kg 3x5
    Press 48kg 3x5

Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Noise95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Man, when you lift weights you want your body to look =
    You don't want to have big upper body and small legs. Legs are one of the best muscles to train, you should train them.
    P.S. some people are runners or cyclists and they still train legs. Soccer isn't as tough as a leg workout, believe me. Ask anyone.
    More pain, more gain.
    ☣☢Constantly listening to music☢☣
    Squats 104kg 3x5
    Deadlift 108kg 1x5
    Bench 74kg 3x5
    Press 48kg 3x5

Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skimy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gotta work on that lower body. Soccer legs don't look good(I have them and just because they are defined doesn't mean chit). Take you over a year and a half i'd say especially if you don't work legs

Thanks a lot everyone, I will start working out my legs today.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Noise95 View Post
    Man, when you lift weights you want your body to look =
    You don't want to have big upper body and small legs. Legs are one of the best muscles to train, you should train them.
    P.S. some people are runners or cyclists and they still train legs. Soccer isn't as tough as a leg workout, believe me. Ask anyone.
    This. I ride ~75mi./week during the summer & still squat two days a week. Plus, you'll see benefits on the soccer field as well if you incorporate lower body, I have a "Lower Body Day" for legs & plyometrics and have only gotten more explosive and quicker in general.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Skimy View Post
    Gotta work on that lower body. Soccer legs don't look good(I have them and just because they are defined doesn't mean chit). Take you over a year and a half i'd say especially if you don't work legs
    Gotta check out those Cycling Legs

Chris Hoy - Scottish World Champion Track Cyclist
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000) sp33dk1lls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SethBJJ View Post
    It took me ~7 months but my bf % did go up a bit
    Gaining 25 lbs does not equal 25 lbs of muscle.
    I cause liquid precipitation to fall upon these wenches.

whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whizkyy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Depends on your genetics and many other variable factors

Could take you a year, could take you two or maybe three, i've put on 30lbs of lean mass in 10 months

JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTeK has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Noone likes a house without foundation, same goes with a car with no wheels.

It took me 3 years to get from 150-190lbs @ 10%bf. I seriously regret not dedicating enough time to my lower body the first year or so of my training. At the time I hit lower body 1x a week if that and sit here wondering where I could be had I not been an idiot and disregarded my legs for that duration of time. I currently hit them once every 3 days now and have seen great results.

Create a more solid routine that includes your lower body and you may make greater lean mass gains in less time.