Thread: daily food logs

Toranadan355 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

daily food logs

Hi all, I’ve been reading on here and searching all the forums on what foods I should be eating and I have attached the following daily logs of what I have been eating and I would like all comments if positive or negative.
    I am male 35 years of age and 152kgs.
    I am lightly active, but have joined the local 24hr gym, will start with 3 cardio days for the first 2 weeks then into weights and cardio for a total 6days per week.

Thank you all for your input.
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You are going about it the wrong way.

You need to establish your macro requirements first by reading the macro sticky threads. Then you need to find foods that are:
    -convenient to prepare for you
    -and are (for the most part) minimally processed
    -and fit the minimum levels for fat and protein you established for yourself
    -and fit your calorie requirement

It's not a case of "eat brown rice and beef but don't eat pork and bread bro". These things have broadly the same macro content so they are broadly the same WRT your goals.

Toranadan355 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I think I have worked it out by reading the sticky’s again and have come up with the following.
    I am 6f 2in 152kgs – Maintenance is 2525 calories per day.
    Working out 5 – 6 times a week my maintenance would be aprrox 3700 calories on work out days.
    For weight loss my calories would be between 2500 and 3000 calories per day.
    My macronutrients would be Carbs – 171g, Protein – 275g, Fats – 106g. this is higher in Protein or would a more closer percentage of carbs and protein be better like Carbs – 275g, Protein – 206g, Fats – 91g.
    Or should I have a higher carb intake?

Cheers

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    When you are overweight, most calculations need to be based on your LEAN bodyweight... this is hard to establish without an accurate bodyfat% test but put it this way - someone your height with a LBM of 200lbs would probably be able to deadlift 600lbs... so clearly it's going to be less than 200lbs unless you are closet powerlifter...

So your calculations may need revising. In particular, your protein level and maintenance level look too high.

Another complication of being overweight is that you can safely lose weight a lot faster than a guy looking to go from 15% -> 10% bodyfat... you could easily run a defecit of over 1000 calories.

I would take a wild stab in the dark with calorie level... try 2200 calories a day. Recalculate your protein and fat requirement based on a lean body mass of 180lbs... and work from there.

Monitor your results over time, you should be able to dial calories down until you are losing 4lbs a week or so. Always remembering to get your essential fats and protein as your minimum intake.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    FYI: Your energy and nutrient requirements are different because you're morbidly obese and thus I urge you to seek some professional guidance.