Since I joined, I notice new threads on shoulders almost daily. I have done a lot of experimenting and my conclusion is pretty easy.
this is where the " not really " part comes in.
1) Drop your weight down and focus on form
- Doing lateral raises with 35's looking half retarded isnt going to isolate your side delt. it's going to hit mostly your traps and again, make you look like an idiot. And dont do 6 reps of a heavy ass weight. do 12 reps of a weight were you can control it -_- (duh)
2) Rear Delt
- face pulls / reverse cable crossovers are better at isolating the rear delt then rear delt flys, trust me. they are. try
3) Super setting
try super setting for more intensity, not many people super set shoulders and i have no idea why, they're just like any other muscle.
ex: upright rows (done properly) into lateral raises
I can basically guarantee if you incorporate this stuff into your shoulder workouts, give it a month or two and you'll see better results.
ps. shoulders arent magic. ok well thats it lol pce
Thread: The Shoulder Secret (not really)
05-03-2012, 11:24 PM #1
The Shoulder Secret (not really)Any advice I give to anyone is purely my opinion and based on my results/experience.
I always make sure to read forum rules!
05-03-2012, 11:27 PM #2
05-03-2012, 11:38 PM #3
05-03-2012, 11:44 PM #4
05-04-2012, 01:01 AM #5
Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre
- Join Date: Feb 2008
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Age: 24
- Posts: 20,092
- Rep Power: 7891
661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
05-04-2012, 01:47 AM #6
05-04-2012, 03:57 AM #7
05-04-2012, 04:01 AM #8
05-04-2012, 05:24 AM #9
- Join Date: Feb 2009
- Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Posts: 3,159
- Rep Power: 869
05-04-2012, 05:26 AM #10
05-04-2012, 11:18 AM #11
05-04-2012, 04:03 PM #12
- Join Date: Dec 2010
- Location: New Jersey, United States
- Age: 20
- Posts: 80
- Rep Power: 81
By carriepeck in forum JournalingReplies: 8Last Post: 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
By BobisMighty in forum Sponsored Supplement LogsReplies: 75Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:03 PM
By richie83 in forum Misc.Replies: 19Last Post: 02-12-2011, 11:50 PM
By 3dd in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 10Last Post: 07-14-2007, 06:03 AM
By The Conqueror in forum Misc.Replies: 26Last Post: 10-05-2005, 06:54 AM