tristacm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NPC Bikini in 5 weeks!! I need advice!

I am competing in my first show ever and my main concern is my legs! I have thicker legs and I've been trying to lean them out but I'm nervous that I won't be ready and make a fool of myself in 5 weeks! I need honest critical feedback PLEASE!!!! The pics are from today. Thank you so much!!!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tristacm; 05-03-2012 at 06:28 PM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm being completely honest, you need to pick a later show. You need to be leaner and 5 weeks isn't going to cut it. If you do the show, just know you'll be off the mark.
    Last edited by kimm4; 05-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm being completely honest, you need to pick a later show. You need to be leaner and 5 weeks isn't going to cut it. If you do the show, just know you'll be off the mark.
    Thanks kimm4, I really appreciate your feedback! I still need to do this show because it fits so well with our hectic schedule... I'll likely do another one down the road, but I need ideas to switch things up a tad so I can at least go up and have fun! I know I can loose probably 8 pounds at least in 5 weeks, which on my 5'4" body will make a huge difference... is that too naive to think??

trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trishraymond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tristacm - I am going to disagree with kimm4 and encourage you to go for it! Not only do I think if you really pay attention to your diet you can make a lot of change in five weeks but I also think a large part of the competitions to consider is the way you present yourself on stage with the posing. Practice posing and presenting your body in the best way possible. Do you have a trainer that is working with you on this? I would say practice posing almost as hard as your training! Flexing your legs and pointing your toes and sticking your bum out ( i mean until your back hurts) all make an incredible difference along with the crazy dark tan! Go for it! Your first competition is going to be a huge learning experience anyway. Good luck!

babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) babycougar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I disagree with the 1st reply as well. At your height I'm guessing 5 weeks would be fine. Especially if you're competing in the Bikini division!! My suggestion would be to hit some bleachers or do some HIIT at least 2 days a week on top of your Steady State cardio prep. I'm only 2 weeks out and you look better than I do right now. I'm short and lean out pretty quickly so sometimes I have to back off the cardio. You learn from each competitive experience and it should be more about making small improvements on YOUR physique at each competition rather than focus on "beating the other girls"... Personally, I get WAY more out of the experience and it really helps push me to my goals w/o getting too nervous or over-thinking what everyone else may or may not be doing. You look fantastic and a tan, makeup, heels, sparky suit, etc..will only amp up your showpiece more. I say GO FOR IT!!
    "Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
    Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
    Embrace this moment. Remember. we are eternal.
    all this pain is an illusion."
    --TOOL

Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Crystal15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Go For It!

Originally Posted by babycougar View Post
    I disagree with the 1st reply as well. At your height I'm guessing 5 weeks would be fine. Especially if you're competing in the Bikini division!! My suggestion would be to hit some bleachers or do some HIIT at least 2 days a week on top of your Steady State cardio prep. I'm only 2 weeks out and you look better than I do right now. I'm short and lean out pretty quickly so sometimes I have to back off the cardio. You learn from each competitive experience and it should be more about making small improvements on YOUR physique at each competition rather than focus on "beating the other girls"... Personally, I get WAY more out of the experience and it really helps push me to my goals w/o getting too nervous or over-thinking what everyone else may or may not be doing. You look fantastic and a tan, makeup, heels, sparky suit, etc..will only amp up your showpiece more. I say GO FOR IT!!
    ^^^ this has good information. You can make a lot of change in 5 weeks. Increase your exercise intensity and stick.hard to a lean clean diet and out be confident and have fun on stage! You don't need a huge change you just need to be tighter for show which comes with the right cut go for it!
    Crystal Green
    Bikini Babes Coach
    IFBB Pro Bikini Athlete
    Liporidex Sponsored Athlete
    “Live Your Best Life"
    Visit My Site: www.TheBikinibabes.weebly.com

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm curious as to how much experience you all have in the competition world and or prepping clients for the stage? The OP is 5'4' and 141 lbs. Go back and take a closer look at her progress pics. She carries a good portion of fat in her lower back, lower half, especially in her hamm/glute area. Telling her that 5 weeks is enough time to lean out/tighten up all those areas (especially her lower half) is completely ridiculous. You can smile, nail your poses and stick your ass out all day long...but if you're not lean enough, it will easily be seen and there is no hiding it on the stage. Fat loss is a slow process, especially when it comes to females. Keep in mind she is completely new to competing and competition dieting. The average comp diet is normally 12-16 weeks and even longer. Telling her to exercise more, do more cardio and eat a clean diet means nothing. It's all about getting yourself in the proper deficit and giving yourself enough time to drop body fat. I'm sorry but it's called a competition for a reason. I don't know about some of you, but I take competing seriously and most serious competitors hit the stage to win.

I've seen too many unprepared competitors and I will never understand the constant need of rushing to the stage. Sure she can compete and yes it's a great experience, but I stand by my original answer of more time needed for her to come in better prepared.

Just being honest.
    Last edited by kimm4; 05-15-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

I absolutely cannot tell you how much it means to receive so much support and help along this journey. I don't expect to go up there and win.. this is my first contest. But I think I have made some good strides in the past 2 weeks... will you check out my new photos I just posted and tell me what you think? I've still got almost 3.5 weeks to go and I feel like I can make another great stride in the right direction. Advice is always welcome. I really do appreciate all comments. They are all helping me prepare mentally as well as physically.
    Attached Images

KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KimberleyRN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What does your trainer say? Do you have one, I guess I should not assume. Sometimes, it can be difficult to get advice online and having someone work with you that has experience in shows would really be best.
    T.H.I.N.K before you speak. Ask yourself, is it TRUE, HELPFUL, INSPIRATIONAL, NECESSARY, and KIND? If not, then just keep it to yourself.

...think about what you write before you hit "Mr. Enter" button. ~Guy Jin 9.11.10 OV35Misc.

rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm curious as to how much experience you all have in the competition world and or prepping clients for the stage? The OP is 5'4' and 141 lbs. Go back and take a closer look at her progress pics. She carries a good portion of fat in her lower back, lower half, especially in her hamm/glute area. Telling her that 5 weeks is enough time to lean out/tighten up all those areas (especially her lower half) is completely ridiculous. You can smile, nail your poses and stick your ass out all day long...but if you're not lean enough, it will easily be seen and there is no hiding it on the stage. Fat loss is a slow process, especially when it comes to females. Keep in mind she is completely new to competing and competition dieting. The average comp diet is normally 12-16 weeks and even longer. Telling her to exercise more, do more cardio and eat a clean diet means nothing. It's all about getting yourself in the proper deficit and giving yourself enough time to drop body fat. I'm sorry but it's called a competition for a reason. I don't know about some of you, but I take competing seriously and most serious competitors hit the stage to win.

I've seen too many unprepared competitors and I will never understand the constant need of rushing to the stage. Sure she can compete and yes it's a great experience, but I stand by my original answer of more time needed for her to come in better prepared.

Just being honest.
    I have always valued Kim's opinion and would trust her advice over just about anyone. I do agree with her, BUT in the end it is up to you and it sounds like you have your sights set on following through with the competition regardless of your conditioning. 3.5 weeks is not much, so do not expect any drastic changes, however keep working hard and stick to your plan
    Coached by one of the best ~ off season and contest prep!http://www.prepbyalex.com

Originally Posted by rcswent View Post
    I have always valued Kim's opinion and would trust her advice over just about anyone. I do agree with her, BUT in the end it is up to you and it sounds like you have your sights set on following through with the competition regardless of your conditioning. 3.5 weeks is not much, so do not expect any drastic changes, however keep working hard and stick to your plan
    I'm not expecting leaps and bounds of improvement, I just want to do the best I can with the time that I have left. I really do appreciate all your advice... it has been so motivating and helpful! Keep it coming!